I love my 996.

DT

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You think you guys have got it bad wait until your in a lowly poor man's Porsche 944, no fucker wants to know you!:D:ph34r:

Bring your car down to good old Melbourne town. We'll all check out your car and have coffee, you might just even get a couple of waves on the way down ;)

Great first post. I think that it is sometimes easy to forget that all members of the Porsche family are awesome cars, and that the bickering we see between Porsche fanatics is just family squabbles over who has the "best" offspring. At the end of the day, they are all Porsches, each with their own particular character and "eccentricities" , in which we can do as Magnus commands - Get out and Drive!

Thought I'd share a few images I found on the interwebs that inspired me when I was looking.

The original shape with no additions, a slightly adjusted stance, in a dark colour with poached or fried eggs is a thing of beauty...makes round headlights look a bit boring don't you think :ph34r:

So I thought I'd take Bluey for a quick spin last night and inevitably I ended up out in the hills an hour or so away. No traffic, a glorious night and the opportunity to 'open er up a bit', the capabilities of this car continue to amaze me.

It boggles my mind when I see a movie on Lygon street on a balmy night and there's all these wallies in Gallardo's and Ferrari's screaming up and down... leaves the hills deserted for me :D

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-24%20at%2010.21.Screen%20Shot%202016-03-16%20at%2012.50.Screen%20Shot%202016-06-24%20at%2011.46.Screen%20Shot%202016-07-19%20at%203.00.4

Kinda died once I sold my 996 hey...  keep it alive guys, post them 996 pics!

Not in here, in the linked thread!

Languishing like my boxster Cayman love thread!

I posted in there recently!

Like my 928 one too.....

I think that they got the design right first time with the mk1. That goes for the Boxsters too. As for 997's I reckon its the other way around. I remember the all outrage when the 996 arrived but I always thought its a great looking car. My only gripe is the position of the Carrera badge at the back. It should be have been positioned lower.

A lot of face palming going on currently over this new 2018 Mustang. Another example where the design was right the first time.

Great thread by the way.. :D

Ooooh yeah, mk2 GT3 in white looks awesome, seems to have a bit more gentlemanly understatement than the mk1 and 997 GT3's.

Great looking car, wish i had the spare coin to get one in my garage, wolf in sheep's clothing.

Archived