Making like a tree

Coastr

..and leaving

I've mentioned it to a few members but it's offical now - come November I am relocating to Seattle - barring any paperwork disasters.

The loss of SMT opportunities will be compensated by actually being able to get goods shipped in a reasonable time frame.   We will not discuss the weather.

Access to a continent full of LHD cars...now we're talking :)

..and leaving

I've mentioned it to a few members but it's offical now - come November I am relocating to Seattle - barring any paperwork disasters.

The loss of SMT opportunities will be compensated by actually being able to get goods shipped in a reasonable time frame.   We will not discuss the weather.

thanks for your contributions mate.... Although, you could always continue as our US correspondent? 

OOH, hope you have warm clothing, two winters for you this year,

July is the hottest month in Seattle with an average temperature of 18°C (64°F) and the coldest is January at5°C (41°F) with the most daily sunshine hours at 10 in July. The wettest month is December with an average of 150mm of rainThe best month to swim in the sea is in July when the average sea temperature is 14°C (57°F)

..and leaving

Well I'm offended by that!  What. Australia not good enough for you? Are you saying Australia is bad? Don't you know I'm Australian?

You guys scared me off with your constant talk about Australian delivered cars.  As a person with two filthy worthless imports I no longer feel welcome.

Ps I am as Australian as a broken double plugger, so it's even worse.

Well you can just take your worthless imports back to where they came from ?

Friends of mine moved to Seattle many years ago from the UK, he worked for Microshaft at the time. 2 year assignment, 10+ years later they're still there and I doubt they'll go back permie to the UK. The winter sports photos they post are superb ??

Hey - congrats - (however our first request is for copies of the selfies you take at Wankers Corner on your road trip to Disneyland).

You working for MS or Boeing?

apparently a Disney trip is part of the family contract, despite two existing visits under the belt.  Better things to do and see but..no big deal.

I'd rather not confirm the work on the Internet but not those.

I just spent some time in Victoria BC, just north of Seattle, great spot make sure you visit :)

I do plan on going there, as well as San Juan Islands.

My funny Seattle story:

30 yrs ago we did a family road trip from LA to Vancouver & return - loved every moment of it.

In Seattle everyone said "you must take a ride on the gorgeous old tramcar" so I had visions of riding a sort of San Francisco cablecar.

Waiting at the tramstop & all the other excited US tourists were saying "I can hear it coming - its just around the corner". Anyway around the corner came an ordinary old Melbourne tram, not only that it still had its Melb. route number showing. It was a number 48 'North Balwyn' tram - the same one that I had caught to school & back for 8 long years so totally underwhelmed. We really enjoyed everything else about Seattle though.

Vancouver Island is really lovely too, the ferry rides up there are fantastic.

apparently a Disney trip is part of the family contract, despite two existing visits under the belt.  Better things to

I do plan on going there, as well as San Juan Islands.

fly there direct on a sea plane, unreal trip and landing in the small harbour is a blast :) plus do the seaplane scenic flight

I think all of you have missed the point ...

My left of centre mind has me thinking ...

1. Postal address in the US for those seller's that won't post international ...

2. Coastr's car buying and export service ..

3. Personal PPI's for cars in the Seattle and surrounding areas ....

4. Cheap postal service for parts bought from Pelican Parts that charge exorbitant postage .... get them sent to Coastr first then he can forward them on cheaper ...

C'mon folks .... surely we can find a plethora of ways to use and abuse him ... :ph34r:

1. Postal address in the US for those seller's that won't post international ...

4. Cheap postal service for parts bought from Pelican Parts that charge exorbitant postage .... get them sent to Coastr first then he can forward them on cheaper ...

C'mon folks .... surely we can find a plethora of ways to use and abuse him ... :ph34r:

You can't just blurt it out, must build up to it slowly... :rolleyes:

Good luck with the move @Coastr. You'll just have to keep us envious by posting up on PFA with all the exciting P car opportunities you have. 

Sounds like there's a business opportunity here

I'm surprised it took this far down the list to pop up.

test driving OPP?  I'm down with that.  But you lot better start looking for some 930s!

Waiting for the first request to take a shipping container to the Big swap meets!

funnly enough my moving allowance includes a 40ft shipping container with up to 6000kg.  I'm thinking...what do the seppos want ?  Mad max replicas?  Repatriated 911s?

..and leaving

we'll miss you on drives (and your organisational skills)

hopefully, you start the Seattle PFA contingent - there are lots of great roads around Washington!

We visited BC in 2015 and in addition to the awesome Rockies, an unexpected gem was Tofino on Vancoiver Island, fantastic little seaside surfie and storm watching town.  Not too far from Seattle.  Enjoy it.

Archived