Stupidest thing you've ever done to your Porsche...

I am surprised Jeff has not posted his windscreen fitting experience ..........:Chuckle2:

I have too many things to narrow down 1.

Cracking the windscreen trying to put it in.

Dropping the front guard on the trestle and cracking the paint I had worked so hard on.

Drilling too deep into the ducktail to mount the rear grill, and chipping the paint with the chuck.

Some would say trimming the interior in purple tartan ;) 

I have too many things to narrow down 1.

Cracking the windscreen trying to put it in.

Dropping the front guard on the trestle and cracking the paint I had worked so hard on.

Drilling too deep into the ducktail to mount the rear grill, and chipping the paint with the chuck.

Some would say trimming the interior in purple tartan ;) 

....Driling into your finger on video ? 

You're my hero Jeff. So glad it's not just me that does this stupid shit ?

Parking my car in my own garage with no car cover... and then allowing my daughter and my wife to walk past the car with crap in there hands .... :(

I've got some garden tools at the back of my garage and when mrs philbee has a gardening urge I retrieve and return them on her behalf. (Hand to eye coord is not her forte)... hopefully dodging a bullet there. @Pokiou... just a cut n polish to fix...?

I've got some garden tools at the back of my garage and when mrs philbee has a gardening urge I retrieve and return them on her behalf. (Hand to eye coord is not her forte)... hopefully dodging a bullet there. @Pokiou... just a cut n polish to fix...?

You are not alone there. Anything flat is somewhere to rest stuff........think whale tail.

"what are you on about, it's only for a second ?"

:angry:

Not labelling rear lights wiring, then your painter doesn't tape up the area and paints your car black ?

Fitting new tail light lenses coz you broke the original after stepping on it, then cracking new lense coz you thought the screw was cross threaded ??

Fitting pop out side windows with soapy, WD40 hands after installing new rubbers, and saying to yourself  'I'll be right, I don't need to put a towel on the rear guard, as I won't drop it on the new black paint job', then dropping it on new paint job adding 3 dents and scratches ????

Not labelling rear lights wiring, then your painter doesn't tape up the area and paints your car black ?

Fitting new tail light lenses coz you broke the original after stepping on it, then cracking new lense coz you thought the screw was cross threaded ??

Fitting pop out side windows with soapy, WD40 hands after installing new rubbers, and saying to yourself  'I'll be right, I don't need to put a towel on the rear guard, as I won't drop it on the new black paint job', then dropping it on new paint job adding 3 dents and scratches ????

lee, I think you win!! :D

(Sorry to say)

Going to replace the odometer gears that were broken in my 300KM/H Speedo.
The section where they say... carefully remove the speedo needle from the spindle... yeah they mean carefully.
SNAP!
Turns out Mercedes speedo drivers fit, thank god VDO had some common sense back in the day.

Also... using an Allen key to undo the fan belt pulley bolts... a few seconds later rounded, took 5 hours to remove the bolt.

Let me just say, I no longer take short cuts.

Archived