WTB - 911 Targa SC or 3.2

cafe_racer

Hi All,

So i'm on the hunt for a targa, basically anything with an interesting interior (not black) and any external colour other than black.

Australian delivered and matching numbers would be ideal.  Happy with something on the cheaper side as that will leave me some cash to restore it.  If more on the expensive side it would have to be in good condition.

Budget - $60-80k for something that needs a bit of work

$100k for something mint.

This would be my ideal car + fuchs  http://classicthrottleshop.com/1982-porsche-911-sc-targa-chiffron-white/

So my hope is that someone has something they are sitting on that isn't on carsales that wants a nice smooth transaction.

5 minutes ago, 901er said:

That cts car is gorgeous! 

I think the dream of buying a reasonable one for 60-80k has sailed 

I'm half tempted to buy an import for $50k, get it resprayed the colour i want, interior reconditioned and engine rebuilt.  

That would be $50k purchase + 

$15k interior

$15k engine/mechanics

$15k respray

4 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

I'm half tempted to buy an import for $50k, get it resprayed the colour i want, interior reconditioned and engine rebuilt.  

That would be $50k purchase + 

$15k interior

$15k engine/mechanics

$15k respray

Nothing wrong with that. At least you will get what you want! 

Know of an Oz delivered white 76 narrow body project that needs reassembly. Gen RHD matching nos Oz-del coupe, 164k kms w del & service books. Fuchs, sunroof, grey leather. 50-55k or thereabouts. I want it meself, but can't bring myself to sell mine

Pm if you want his number, as it won't be advertised 

Spotted that last night Mike it looks tempting and one of my sales guys (who is a car guy) is in Hawaii next week on leave.....

always said if I import its a long hood but at that price?

53 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

Now that's spot on what I am after, looks great!  Now if only someone has something like that lurking in their garage.

They do..  But its in Hawaii.!

15 hours ago, Mike D'Silva said:

Oh man, that is hard to resist. Can someone please correct my maths on this. Let's say you get it for $20k USD = $25k AUD + $5k shipping and insurance to Australia from Hawaii = $30k + GST (no duty due to car's age) = $33k landed?

An early targa with a 3.0 is right up there for me, love the colour too. Correct that ride height, tidy up the interior (needs only a little) and happy days.

14 hours ago, WOKA said:

That's a beauty..!  

15 hours ago, Mike D'Silva said:

I phoned him a few minutes ago.. says he has it pretty much sold 

6 minutes ago, poli84 said:

Oh man, that is hard to resist. Can someone please correct my maths on this. Let's say you get it for $20k USD = $25k AUD + $5k shipping and insurance to Australia from Hawaii = $30k + GST (no duty due to car's age) = $33k landed?

An early targa with a 3.0 is right up there for me, love the colour too. Correct that ride height, tidy up the interior (needs only a little) and happy days.

sounds about right. Maybe a bit more. Chris and Tom are the import experts.. they'll chime in soon enough I hope. 

1 hour ago, poli84 said:

Your figures are not that far away if it was a west coast USA, car but add the complications of Hawaii and asbestos and you will be up for significantly more.

15 minutes ago, 9er said:

Your figures are not that far away if it was a west coast USA, car but add the complications of Hawaii and asbestos and you will be up for significantly more.

More from Hawaii because it is not a regular shipping route to Australia?

What do you do about the potential for Asbestos in gaskets and brake pads? I guess you can show evidence that the brake pads have been replaced with certified parts not containing Asbestos, gaskets might be more difficult to prove...

Buy one here. It's no bargain. Lefty import Targa 76, wrong engine, wrong colour, most people wouldn't pay anywhere over $45 and yes it may be all good, but you can't look it over, check anything, can't even test drive it - no guarantees at all, and you've still gotta go through the hassle and hope there's no hidden costs. Murphy's law, if there can be extra unaccounted for costs, there usually is.....

9 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

Pending the engine on this is working well it could be a good option. I’m in Melbourne though which makes inspection a little difficult.

Flights are cheap these days. I flew to Perth for my Carrera and recently Brisbane for the MR2 Turbo!

4 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

Pending the engine on this is working well it could be a good option. I’m in Melbourne though which makes inspection a little difficult. 

8BB8D851-1C27-4833-8479-C802AA905662.jpeg

I could try and take a look at it on the weekend for you.  Never driven an air-cooled car, though, so my input may be limited

Archived