Maserati Car Club Vic

6 minutes ago, Spectre said:

I'm thinking of joining the Maserati Car Club and registering the Porsche with them for club plates.  Any thoughts ?

Also had a bit of a play with an 2005 Gransport,  wow what a sound.  Under $50k, a lot of fun

Why?    I'm not a fan of car clubs overall, but why wouldn't you go to PCV?  

I think the membership is reasonably dear (IMHO) from memory, but I'm guessing THE MAZDARATI CAR CLUB would probably be on a par.

At least by joining PCV it opens up everything Porsche to you, re events, social etc etc.   

Plus they can do all your Club Permit Plate stuff.

Just my thoughts, nothing agains the M.C.C.

I’m a member of the Maserati club, membership is about half that of PCV. 

Maserati don’t expect you to show up for events but they have plenty of track days at good rates.

Membership can be done on line, just send in your club paper work and it’s done in a timely manner, very easy club to deal with.

18 minutes ago, Fraz said:

I’m a member of the Maserati club, membership is about half that of PCV. 

Maserati don’t expect you to show up for events but they have plenty of track days at good rates.

Membership can be done on line, just send in your club paper work and it’s done in a timely manner, very easy club to deal with.

Fair enough..all good points..;)

I'm with pcv and yeah a bit pricier but as @Niko says I get extra Porsche social stuff to consider not just this forum... Get the mag, emails from pcv, all about p-car stuff happening....  And I don't have to wear a gold chain either! :D 

7 hours ago, Philbee said:

I'm with pcv and yeah a bit pricier but as @Niko says I get extra Porsche social stuff to consider not just this forum... Get the mag, emails from pcv, all about p-car stuff happening....  And I don't have to wear a gold chain either! :D 

I too are a member of PCV and included are 4 members nights where they have guest speakers, feed you and put on beer and wine.

Thanks so they're both good with the club rego

MCC has good track days

PCV has good social events

So for my needs one is as good as the other.

Given that I don't own a Gransport, I probably should join the PCV.

The Gransport thing is a bit of a whim, golly I almost bought a Honda s2000 last week, 

Another Maserati member - unlike what you might expect, they are not pretentious and not Maserati centric - in fact I’ve rarely seen a Maserati at their events (too flaky?).  They don’t look down their nose at my noisy, raggedy RX7 track car.

Good bunch of people to deal with, very welcoming and helpful with well priced membership and well run events

57 minutes ago, 911B said:

hey Hugh

whats MCA?

Maserati Club Aus

39 minutes ago, wilburforce said:

Pretty sure he was in the Beastie Boys (RIP)

I've been coming from where I am from the get go. 

1 hour ago, Ozvino said:

Especially if you wear an adult diaper, drink chardonay and like driving to country pubs

ha ha and if you thought you were really cool because you owned a 986 yellow Coxster, you soon realised after a couple of chardy's that you were actually a little bit like the gap toothed, red headed, step son.....with lepresy

Just now, Niko said:

ha ha and if you thought you were really cool because you owned a 986 yellow Coxster, you soon realised after a couple of chardy's that you were actually a little bit like the gap toothed, red headed, step son.

Cool yellow Boxster = Oxymoron

I'm a PCV member and like any club you get a whole lot more out of it if you get involved.

It's a big group and there are lots of like minded people who get together outside of club events - but you need to go to club events to get to know people, there's no forum like this.

Membership price is pretty trivial for any club - if you join PCV the catering at club meetings would give you a ROI. If you are interested in club competition in a Porsche, PCV run lots of events and you can probably also join in with events run by other clubs. PCV don't do organised coffee mornings, I think the member numbers are just too big for this. The social runs do seem to end up at country pubs and wineries, again I think it's due to numbers of members and venues that can accommodate them.

There are many PCV members who are also members of Maserati club, I've heard they have some fun track days.

MCA run state based track events too like the Supersprint series etc. PCV track events are for their own club championship, that's fine if you only want to complete with Porsches the same as yours but less accomodating if you want to do days with mates etc that don't own a Porsche. Personally I like being out on track with a variety of cars, keeps it interesting! 

This year I'm doing the Vic hillclimb series & the Vic supersprint series with as much social stuff (through the PFA) I can squeeze in. It doesn't leave the time or need for another club so I've not bothered renewing my PCV membership. I am doing the 6 hr @ Sandown though in April with PCV. 

So if I understand correctly - PCV is for Porsche isolationists in nappies drinking chardonnay and having late lunches with partners chatting about real housewives

maserati is for blokes who like to flog around a track with a mix of fast cars and not. Maserati in sight....

hmmm ? Stark choice. They both sound awesome ?

6 hours ago, DJM said:

So if I understand correctly - PCV is for Porsche isolationists in nappies drinking chardonnay and having late lunches with partners chatting about real housewives

hmmm ? Stark choice. They both sound awesome ?

If that is the case, they are way behind the times, they should be talking about MAFS.

then it would be a no brainer.:P

All jokes aside... The PCV is a club that offers different things for the various members.  It is obviously a well run and successful club.   It's been around for many years and has a large membership base.   

Still worth consideration if your into Car Club events, all things Porsche and you own a Porsche.

Just renewed my Maserati Club membership. I joined 12 months ago and thoroughly enjoyed the 3 track days I attended at Winton, Sandown and Philip Island. There's a great mix of cars and so far have felt a good mutual respect for each other on the track (ie no dick heads). We had a small crew of PFA members at each day so it was pretty cool to share the fun experience with some PFAers. I know a couple others who are keen to join and do some track days this year also.

Archived