Sunday 20th May 2018 Hanging Rock to Pyalong

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi after great debate my wife is now warming to the idea of a drive to Woodend and beyond, so I (we) may be there to join in.  I guess it all depends how late the wedding in the UK goes for and how early she gets to bed which will reflect on the time she gets up on Sunday morning.  At the moment it is a 6 am wake up for a 6:45 departure from Mount Eliza.  Fingers crossed

13 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Hi after great debate my wife is now warming to the idea of a drive to Woodend and beyond, so I (we) may be there to join in.  I guess it all depends how late the wedding in the UK goes for and how early she gets to bed which will reflect on the time she gets up on Sunday morning.  At the moment it is a 6 am wake up for a 6:45 departure from Mount Eliza.  Fingers crossed

LOL - it all depends on how you pull up from the Royal Wedding coverage. Love it you party animal !

On 5/11/2018 at 10:54 PM, stf911 said:

***Update*** 

20th May "Hanging Rock to Pyalong" Drive

Hi folks,

We have over 30 cars confirmed and I have two things to mention:

1. To allow the enthusiastic folks coming from afar a little more time, we have tweaked the arrival time to between 0800-0845 with a 0900 take off. I'll be at the Woodend Visitor Centre at 0800.

2. Lunch. Whilst I'd like to cook for you all, logistics are not in our favour, so please let me know by commenting here if you'd like me to organise a venue. I know of a great place (a winery near the end of our route).

Cheers!

I'm in for drive and lunch.  

1 hour ago, cs124 said:

Newbie here. I’m in for the drive and possibly coffee. Probably won’t stick around for lunch though. Will meet with the Essendon crew at DFO.

#begentlewithme

Niiiice, see you tomorrow morning! 

On 5/16/2018 at 10:35 PM, D-banger said:

Baysiders will be meeting up at North Rd (Brighton) boat ramp carpark.

Meeting from 6:45am for a 7am departure.

All Porsches welcome.

In for bayside pre-meet

Maybe we should try and meet up with the dfo crew at 7:30?? Im guessing we would be able to get there if we leave at 7:00?

Had a great morning- good to see a few new faces too.

I also saw parts of the countryside I never expected to in my Porsche...

What did I learn? GT3’s sound great on the limiter on dirt, 964 RS’s have plenty of ground clearance and never press ‘that’ button on a 996 TT on dirt to see if it really does anything and when you realise you shouldn’t press it,  it’s too late - but don’t lift!

Archived