Sunday 20th May 2018 Hanging Rock to Pyalong

Hi Guys,

Mr. Chops and I were going to go for a Sunday drive and we thought we'd turn it into a drive day.

We have a Facebook group "Classic Porsche Australia" which some of you are already on and there's an event created there.

Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1323253444474586/?ti=icl

Please come if you can as the roads up this way are amazing and there is virtually no traffic.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That particular piece of road appears uphill, but if you turn your car around it will be drawn backwards towards the Rock such is the power of the legends !

Will be doing State Hill climb then, but as you say great roads.

5 minutes ago, 9fan said:

That particular piece of road appears uphill, but if you turn your car around it will be drawn backwards towards the Rock such is the power of the legends !

Will be doing State Hill climb then, but as you say great roads.

I've heard of this and we will test the legend and report back mate ✌?

38 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

Sal, are you catering?

Hello mate! 

I was thinking of doing something depending on numbers ?

8 minutes ago, JB said:

Is water allowed?

Definitely JB! Come! ?

2 hours ago, polorot said:

There with bells on Sal.

? very happy about that John. Doing one without you is like F1 without Senna !

PS. Everyone. Arrival will be at 0800 but we will hit the road between 0830 and 0845. I'm doing a reccy run on Saturday.

PS. Everyone. Arrival will be at 0800 but we will hit the road between 0830 and 0845. I'm doing a reccy run on Saturday

You can make it to Hanging Rock from the CBD in around 50 minutes on the Calder...

Will this run be taking in any part of the Grampians and Halls Gap.  Wheels just did a test on the new GT3 in the current issue and the route was in the Grampians and I was looking to do the run used by Wheels Mag soon.

Ok just pushed the button and then saw the post with the route outlined so question answered thanks (site will probably merge these two posts)

12 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Will this run be taking in any part of the Grampians and Halls Gap.  Wheels just did a test on the new GT3 in the current issue and the route was in the Grampians and I was looking to do the run used by Wheels Mag soon.

Ok just pushed the button and then saw the post with the route outlined so question answered thanks (site will probably merge these two posts)

Hi mate, happy to take advice. I'll have a look. Cheers!

Hey Sal, I'm very interested and have it pencilled in the diary. The car is booked in for a new clutch and major service this month. I'm waiting on new valve covers to arrive from the USA so I don't have a confirmed date, if the car is back on the road by the 20th, then I am in. 

29 minutes ago, poli84 said:

Hey Sal, I'm very interested and have it pencilled in the diary. The car is booked in for a new clutch and major service this month. I'm waiting on new valve covers to arrive from the USA so I don't have a confirmed date, if the car is back on the road by the 20th, then I am in. 

Cool Mr. G ?

Archived