Jump to content
Troubleshooter

Headlight yellow tint quick strawpoll before and after

Recommended Posts

Yellow filmed the fried eggs and now the yolks are definitely broken and runny. I'm undecided whether to leave it on so I'm taking it to the style gurus.

3 choice strawpoll if you please gents:- Yes!! Hmmmmm, NOOOOOOO

Or, it's only a Coxster so who cares:lol:

NMYWwGm.jpg

ORjLXcl.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep 👍 Something different mate

Edit 

Just gunna say I love this car

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Yep 👍 Something different mate

Edit 

Just gunna say I love this car

I'm really happy with how it's evolved. Took it around the Healesville Nürburgring a coupla laps this morn and the suspension and brakes put it totally on another level especially when you dig in. Next time you're in Melbourne Lee hit me up and you can take it for a smack around the hills, I'll follow in the 911 - if I can keep up hahaha

1 hour ago, edgy said:

Looks tough, I dig it! 

The Tuffster! I'm loving it, everyone should have one like this in their life. There's a lot to said for no fuchs given.

1 hour ago, Simonk said:

Yes. I like them :) 

Thanks Simon, I'm almost convinced now

1 hour ago, ANF said:

I would have to say no :)maybe if you had gold wheels?

Are they legal?

The original thought was murky gold rims and some gold livery but I was in such a hurry to get the new rims on that I thought oh well I'll paint them gold later. I'm sticking with them as they are now. No definitely not legal and I'll get pinged sooner or later in the nanny state, but I'm no stranger to unroadworthys over the years, you don't cop demerit points so I'm not fussed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 @Troubleshooter As you know I'm not much of a fan of Boxsters, yet yours just hits a nerve that pisses me off to be honest. Only because I want to own it for a bit of cheap fun but would have to sell my car to build something similar, then realise I'd made a huge mistake and will never own another air cooled again 😁😩 If I had the spare coin I'd probably be onto it already and doing a track day or two

  Thanks for the offer of a drive, I'd love that. I'll be over for Hangar Banger 2 in January if you're going to be around

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I'm gonna assume a few things Lee. You're not a fan because they were a girls car with shit headlights and interior and they're not a 911. You could never see yourself in one and live with the shit your girl would give you and the shame of being seen.

That no longer stacks up in my mind, if you get the right colour and do the stance. They've grown into the headlights now 20 years has passed and the interior looks period and black holds up extremely well. I've got mine going as hard as a standard 996 by modding the exhaust and air intake and dropping 130kgs out of it. With the new rims, tyres, suspension and brake pads etc, now handles and brakes way better than a standard 996 and owes me about 27K. If it wasn't an S it'd be 20k. Yeah I absolutely get that about never owning an AC again. Remember the deal, missus gets a new kitchen you get a cheap Coxster S and then hot it up over a year or 2.... I'll probably be bringing it to HangBang coz I'll have sold the 911 then so you can take it for a fang there somewhere if you're only in town for the day:Beer:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   I just don't really like convertibles of any kind mate. Though the ridicule from her indoors is definitely in the murky seabed of my mind 😁 Saying that, I'm also one to know when something is (relatively) cheap fun where Porsches are concerned. There's a guy here that has owned a few nice 911's, both air and water cooled, yet he bought a cheap Boxster and done a few mods like you have, and swears it's the best 'fun' he has ever had in a Porsche. It just goes to show what fun can be had for not too much cash

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

The original thought was murky gold rims and some gold livery but I was in such a hurry to get the new rims on that I thought oh well I'll paint them gold later. I'm sticking with them as they are now. No definitely not legal and I'll get pinged sooner or later in the nanny state, but I'm no stranger to unroadworthys over the years, you don't cop demerit points so I'm not fussed.

I like it, No Fuchs given... that’s the spirit! 

Oh and really, it only needs one last touch... 

https://www.tpcracing.com/product/986-turbo-kit/ 

😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, edgy said:

I like it, No Fuchs given... that’s the spirit! 

Oh and really, it only needs one last touch... 

https://www.tpcracing.com/product/986-turbo-kit/ 

😉

Now that would cap it off, the GT3 killer! I'd have to fork out 20k to have it up and running and the power gains are enormous with that turbo but this car is all about low cost, home done improvements and bang for buck. Would be a blast though - pretty easy just have to "click now" break out the gold card and 5 mins later I'm waiting for it to be shipped...easy and tempting but no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Defeats the purpose of the car if you start spending big bucks trying to beat GT3's and the like 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LeeM said:

 Defeats the purpose of the car if you start spending big bucks trying to beat GT3's and the like 

My thoughts as well Lee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a fan of the yellow headlights ..................Sorry 

All so what is the purpose of the yellow head light lenses is it just to create a different look eg a racing rally look from days gone ,,,only ask as I often see this on P cars and wonder why owners do this.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Raven said:

Not a fan of the yellow headlights ..................Sorry 

All so what is the purpose of the yellow head light lenses is it just to create a different look eg a racing rally look from days gone ,,,only ask as I often see this on P cars and wonder why owners do this.. 

Agree, not a fan either.

 

9 hours ago, LeeM said:

   I just don't really like convertibles of any kind mate. Though the ridicule from her indoors is definitely in the murky seabed of my mind 😁 Saying that, I'm also one to know when something is (relatively) cheap fun where Porsches are concerned. There's a guy here that has owned a few nice 911's, both air and water cooled, yet he bought a cheap Boxster and done a few mods like you have, and swears it's the best 'fun' he has ever had in a Porsche. It just goes to show what fun can be had for not too much cash

 

We all have different tastes I guess.  Having spent many years with an MGB early in our married life, my wife specifically wanted another convertible.  It was her, when our youngest was about to get her licence, that said we'd better look for another 2 seater roadster.  Initial step was an MX-5 then I figured I could fulfill my very long held desire for a Porsche by her getting a Boxster under hospital salary sacrifice arrangements.  When I think about it, I'm wondering why I went straight to the Boxster option rather than considering 911 Cabs, probably thought we'd never get one for the price I'd be prepared to spend....  Having said that, no regrets either :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a fan - looks like half of the 90s cars on the road where the lights are starting to yellow from baking in the sun

Great looking car thought - stance and wheels look very cool, they are such an underrated car

Dont give the police any additional excuse to pick you up is my approach- it never ends well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ozvino said:

Not a fan - looks like half of the 90s cars on the road where the lights are starting to yellow from baking in the sun

Great looking car thought - stance and wheels look very cool, they are such an underrated car

Dont give the police any additional excuse to pick you up is my approach- it never ends well

good point mate  they seem to look for any reason these days to slap and infringement on someone ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Now that would cap it off, the GT3 killer! I'd have to fork out 20k to have it up and running and the power gains are enormous with that turbo but this car is all about low cost, home done improvements and bang for buck. Would be a blast though - pretty easy just have to "click now" break out the gold card and 5 mins later I'm waiting for it to be shipped...easy and tempting but no.

Point taken... I want to do it one day soon, hardly big $$$ compared to GT3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Firstly... I like them. Although I think the yellow tint looks a bit faded, maybe a different shade of yellow would be even better.

Secondly... I've never understood why people ask for people's opinions on their car. It's your car, who cares what other people think. If you like it, then that's all that matters. 

Thirdly... While you are not caring about other people's opinions, I reckon a matt black wrap on the bonnet to match the soft top and maybe some leather straps on the bonnet for a bit of a poke at being a 'classic' and you're done.   :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, AdRock said:

Secondly... I've never understood why people ask for people's opinions on their car. It's your car, who cares what other people think. If you like it, then that's all that matters. 

As much fun as it is giving "feed back" on others mods, I have to totally agree. If I wish to do something to my car, I think it over and just do it :)

Back to "helping" with your dilemma :ph34r:
You need a car that has scope to colour some lights while keeping the main ones clear :P
porsche-club-france-euro-928-40-ans-Reim

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I consulted Yoda. He said "Man liking yellow lights jaundiced view will have"

I have yellow tint on my 928 fog lights. A little nod to the drummer's car.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×