PFA new skin...

Kerry

Yes, things have changed again! 😳🤔😊

As we are part of a larger community of forum users, and the software we use is constantly updated, we're required to conform our forum software to keep up with the various security and interface developments.

The good news is that this update has new options which add new functionality to the PFA for our community, which includes the ability to change the background imagery, and a new layout for the menus.

All the menus are still there, but they are now on the lefthand side of the screen instead of under the top banner.

We have also added a better interface for sharing images. The PFA Gallery can be found under the header banner on the homepage where images can be uploaded and commented upon. You can also upload videos here but we are having difficulty with video previews showing up (this apparently is a common issue between Google and the ROW!)

Members allocation of disk space to allow multiple images has also been increased significantly so UPLOAD AWAY! ;) 

Finally,  I do know that change an be unexpected and unwelcome... so if you want your PFA experience to look the same as it has for the last couple of years, YOU CAN... 🤗

Simply go to the bottom of the homepage and click on the THEME arrow:

Screenshot 2018-11-05 16.32.56.png

and then select the PFA.02.->09.18 (Blue & Gold) skin (as per below) and all will be right in the world again...

Screenshot 2018-11-05 16.32.44.png

Any questions, please ask below...

3 hours ago, Kerry said:

I actually really like the last pic (haunted hills) as a background on the phone for the mobile version, and a different one on my desktop version, but hey, each to their own! 🤙🏻

Ha, just noticed the HH wallpaper picture....................nice. 

Appreciate the effort, but...I don't like it. The smaller font for the headings is a PITA for those of us who's arms are becoming too short to read stuff that small. I prefer the splash of colour with the blue, too. ;)

3 minutes ago, Typ9xx said:

Appreciate the effort, but...I don't like it. The smaller font for the headings is a PITA for those of us who's arms are becoming too short to read stuff that small. I prefer the splash of colour with the blue, too. ;)

All good Typ9xx, you know you can return back to the old skin with the instructions at the top of the thread...? 

21 minutes ago, Niko said:

Sensational, new look....well done Kez.

Hopefully an old fart like me will be able to post up photo's like a pro...

Bugger me dead......that was easy.      I love it Kez.....:wub:

Always happy to help out old farts (like us 😉)!

As well, are my eyes deceiving me, or has Photobaskets reinstated all the photos they "deleted", but now with a "Proudly Hosted by Photobucket" watermark on top?!?!

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳🤯

Screenshot 2018-12-19 13.57.09.png

On 17/12/2018 at 12:24, Kerry said:

Members allocation of disk space to allow multiple images has also been increased significantly so UPLOAD AWAY! ;) 

I just tried the new image uploader feature.  So easy, Thanks, @Kerry and co.  I also tried to direct load an 18sec video.  Computer said "No" I only had 48.2MB left 😏 Back to Youtube linky then.

On 17/12/2018 at 22:02, GC9911 said:

Thanks K, great work on the new look, as always a lot of work behind the scenes to make it look seamless,. 

Yeah, videos are a difficult thing not only for the amount of Mb’s they are made up of, but there are protocols which don’t allow mere forum users to show previews of their videos uploaded in the new gallery which is  pain also, but this is a Google/Apple/Microsoft battle of the Tight’ns....😉🙄. Glad you like your new data allocation, and interface. 👍🏻🤘🏻🎅🏻

Great work @Kerry I like the new theme.

Thoughts on adding the ability to add an optional "real name" to your bio that i've seen on other forums? Reason being - we do a lot of social events its always good to put a real name to a handle? Maybe not so much for those that have used their name in their handle like you and I!

Just a suggestion :) 

Archived