Best Driving Song?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok my turn!  Great thread by the way :)

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Date with a Night - I saw these guys live 2 years ago and it was a briliant show Karen O is a wonderful entertainer

One of the most epic starts to a song EVER! - Rolling Stones Gimme Shelter - live

LIke above this track also has an awesome start Pat Benatar - All Fired Up!

You must have a 

an awesome song!

I love all all work by 

are just a brilliant band live too

One of my all time faves has to be the remix of 

I love 

the whole album is brilliant!

Ok I could go on and on and on and on and on...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

"Speed Of Sound" the perfect driving song for any dance music fan sit back relax and enjoy the ride.

Nice one Adrian!  Thanks for sharing!  Teaching the Boxster to dance to Trance.

Part of driving was always listening to music for me. Loud music of many genres but since getting the Porsche I'm finding I don't want to listen to music. I have the radio down so low I can hardly hear it. I prefer to listen to the car and my surroundings. This actually surprises me to be honest!

I heard many of you say this but I didn't believe it would be true to me. So far it is tho.

I will say tho Daft Punks Get Lucky has been played a few times, alongside Rufus Take Me but that's about it.

Yesterday I enjoyed the company of a 964 Cabrio for the day.  Knowing that I would be in the car for pretty much the whole day, I loaded up some old faves and some new-to-me stuff.  

Blinding flash of the obvious:  driving listening to new-to-you music doesn't work.

As a result, the following had very short visits to the CD player

Black Keys - El Camino (although I have high hopes of this as future driving music)

Muse - 2nd Law

Led Zeppelin - BBC Sessions

The following worked really well:

Tom Petty - Greatest Hits.  I know, GH albums are inherently lazy, but there is so much good stuff on this one.

Rolling Stones - Grrrrr.  See previous comment.

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon.  Surprise driving CD, especially for the freeway drive back from Avoca.

Sting - Brand New Day.  See previous

And I also spent plenty time listening to the busy-ness of six of the fattest, phattest, flattest and finest.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, You all have forgotten some fundamental songs! 

Need to add this one lol!

Each time i play GTA san andreas This song comes on and love driving to it. Same goes with my car.

This has an epic solo, makes you want to do things.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived