Chris Harris and the Type 64

I think it will go either 3 ways..

1. Porsche recognise it as historically significant & buy's it 

2. Porsche turn their back on it as it was commissioned by the Nazi's & don't want to be associated with that era (PR nightmare)

3. Some private buyer with plenty of cash buys it for their private collection (highly likely)

I hope Porsche do buy it and it goes home so to speak ...

Personally I have no issue with the Nazi connection ,,well all know and it is well documented that  Ferdinand built and designed machines of war and PR projects  for the Nazis Government  ,,,it is part of history regardless of if it was wrong or right at the time ,,,and it is not like anything has changed with current governments ,,,they are all criminals :Chuckle2:

4 minutes ago, Raven said:

I hope Porsche do buy it and it goes home so to speak ...

Personally I have no issue with the Nazi connection ,,well all know and it is well documented that  Ferdinand built and designed machines of war and PR projects  for the Nazis Government  ,,,it is part of history regardless of if it was wrong or right at the time ,,,and it is not like anything has changed with current governments ,,,they are all criminals :Chuckle2:

True..^^

Auction is now going live https://rmsothebys.com/en/home/social-feed/

Ive got my bidding card ready for lot 362 :lol:

1 hour ago, Raven said:

Yep keen to see if Porsche buy it for their museum ..............Historical piece I would think they would want it back ...

Just read that they have been offered it a few times only to knock it back

Well that was comical. Bidding started at 30mil, then quickly climbed 40, 50, 60, 70 million! Then nope, that's seven-teen!

Other notables:

Seinfeld's 997 RS4.0 $600K

Carrera GT $650K

964 C4 LWT $410K

718 RS $4.65M

2016 911R $280K!

1967 911S $825K!

1986 930 $121K

(Excludes 12% buyer's fee, and taxes)

31 minutes ago, Raven said:

Went for $17 million ,,,,buyers name not disclosed :D

Shhh

1 hour ago, James P said:

Everyone was confused.. he had bids a 40 & 50 mil ???

Well .... after having listened to the video, I can hear the confusion but I think he was correct ...

If you listen to the bids, he says "30" million but then says "30 million 500 thousand" then goes to "40" million ..  "40" million 500 thousand and so on to "70" million

It makes no sense to jump from 40 to 50 with only 1 bid in between being in the thousands ...

I'm thinking it might just have been his accent ... 

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

When it started at '$30m' then jumped to $70m I thought it was on for a record sale price way above the Ferrari last year. Then he says 'No, it's my accent' 😳 

@JV911 any idea what the Singer went for? 

Nope, sorry mate. Will be interesting though