How did you get THAT in your Porsche?

Harvs11

Hey Hugh,

Thought you could at least post some Porsche/beach/surf pics ;)

Vamonos.jpg

zMagPA19%2BSurf-small.jpeg

CA-SB-97-2-17-cs.jpg

This collection of very cool cars carrying ridiculously large surfboards got me thinking...

It might be an unexpected purchase, the extra luggage for a weekend away or those spare wheels for the track day, what's the biggest, strangest, craziest thing you ever loaded in your Porsche?

I'll start.

A few years ago my son was unfortunate enough to break his leg resulting in the need for a wheel chair while he recovered. This had the obvious problems of mobility around home and school but the real head scratcher was how do I get him to and from school? My only car was the 911.

After a few hours of playing Tetris, I managed to get it all in and still have room for the school bag and of course my son as passenger. It certainly raised a few eyebrows pulling up at the school gate in a 911 then doing my best Inspector Gadget act by extracting and assembling a wheelchair.

I had to pick up the 18" wheels I had brought off ebay in Sydney. I had planned to take our XR6 but the wife needed it the same night to go shopping. Seeing as how I hate going shopping and was not going to drive my old 88 hilux on a long trip it was 911 or leave it for another day.With my scaffolding it also rules out any access to the back seat. So out came the passanger seat. One wheel in the boot and 3 in the car. Lucky I also took some tie downs with me so I could strap them in place lol. The drive home was very "Cosy" and Bab's got a laugh when I called into his place.

My 18 year old son and his talk mates. 993 rear seats are good if your under 12.

It was like playing a game of twisted in the back.

Doesn't sound like a big deal, but trust me I know from all the bitching in the back.

• 1 month later...

Nice one Clutch. I had a bit of a LOL at the gear shift shot. Years ago my Doberman would try and bite the shifter knob in my 4x4 thinking it was a game.

Oh dear!   When I had the SLK serviced, I was talking to them about the shoddy finishes on the buttons.  Mechanic told me how many MBs they get in there where 'fluffy' has chewed off countless buttons, gear shifter, seats etc and caused $1000s in damage :o

Archived