INTRODUCTION THREAD

hey guys!

New member here, I don't own a porsche but I am looking at buying the gf a boxster in the near future and wanted to pick all of your brains before I buy!

I currently drive hypo supra's so know a bit about cars :P

also dream car is a RWB wide body so do love porsche!

Hi Gentlemen,

A lot of you know I have been a proud owner of a Red 944 S2 (all options) for many years.Well, thru networking I am also now the owner of a reserected 968 CS - only 17,000km.

Short story - Japan import (then crashed O/S targa), drivetrain into 944 S2 (crashed first outing - modded brake failure).Just missed out when it came up for sale but contacted buyer.Owner purchased 968 body and commenced rebuild.Contacted by owner - returning O/S.Took over project with aim of completion and rego.

It is now going for roadworthy next week.

Have many spares from S2 and 968, along with spare engine (already have K27 turbo) which will go towards dream of 968 Turbo RS.

Colour is Iris blue.Have a set of Cup 1 wheels for originality, plus 18" Turbo wheels 8.5 F / 10 R.

Dreams can come true !

Cheers,Mark.

Hi Gentlemen,

........It is now going for roadworthy next week........

That's all I really read on your post.

Do the math.....should set you up nicely for the next SMT.

Hi there, Steve here in Sydney but originally from UK and Been here 15 years. Have been into old air cooled VW's for ages, mainly split kombi's of which I have 3. Got into Porsches about 10 years ago when I found a 58 Austrian delivery 356A which I still have (in pieces). I also have a 60 356B nearly finished and just bought a 98 996 Carrera 2 that decided mixing oil and water and creating a smoke screen is a good idea after I drov it for only 5 kms.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys names Aqib been on this forum few times now so thought id introduce myself, big car enthusiast currently in the middle of building a turbo built Honda integra type R for time attack, Next project car was meant to be a Honda nsx but deciding to go with a 911 now hopefully 993 model, fell in love with them when i seen the RWB Porsches over in Japan, so joined the forum hoping to learn a thing or two about Porsches :)

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I have just joined, and reading all the various threads with interest. I have a 76 911 Carrera 3 which I adore!

I have tried to change my Pic, but having trouble uploading. Have reduced the file size right down and still doesn't appear to work. I use a Mac if that makes a difference.

Any suggestions?

AAHHH worked it out. Just needed to change the size of the photo before importing.

Yes it is a great car. Mostly original, however just tweaking brakes, suspension etc for the track days that I do in her. Looking at putting a 1/2 cage, new seat and harness, but where do you draw the line!?

Mike

My car was originally sold by Newells in NSW and I assume has spent most of its life up there prior to me buying it and bringing it down here to Vic last year.

I have receipts for service back to 2007, but nothing prior to them. Trying to obtain a full history, purely for history sake. Checked with Porsche Aust, and no records with them as to where it was serviced (only details upon original import).

Any hints on how I should investigate?

Mike

Hey Mike, I'd give George Cairns (Porsche workshop) a call (9758 5610) as he "pre-delivered" my 75 car, and seems to have kept track of many of the cars of that period. George might almost be retired by now (good luck to him!) but is usually pretty happy to rabbit on about the glory days... you can blame me if he asks! :D

Kerry

woops that didn't work, need to do some homework on how to upload photos!

Mike

Incidently, if you copy the IMG code from your pic in photobucket as below, and then simply paste that directly into your post, and shazzam!

Kerry

Screenshot2012-06-06at55137PM.png

Hi Guys,

Nathan here on the Gold Coast, I have just become a very proud Porsche owner. I snapped up the 964 Turbo mentioned on the forums here.....

In doing my research before buying my first Porsche I came across these forums. Needless to say I kept a close eye on that post as the car was at the top of my list. I bought the car last Monday and drove it back up from Sydney. No better way to get to know a car than doing a long road trip day one :) Looking forward to picking everyone's brains!

7358212818_a778aaff95_z.jpg

_FF19904 by Nathan Jermyn Photography, on Flickr