INTRODUCTION THREAD

No No No!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not transport it up.

Fly down and do a road trip. Great bonding time with your new baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed, I did the drive from Sydney up to the Gold Coast when I picked up the porka. It's a great way to get to know the car, quirks and all!

As long as the car is reasonably driveable and you can get time off work it's a great opportunity.

I had a dodgy steering rack and seriously crap tyres and still didn't stop smiling all the way back.

Just have a think about it before you dismiss it. You won't regret it.

Oh, believe me it's not by choice! I love long drives and the only reason I can't do it this time is work commitments.

As it turns out, I will meet the (as of late last night, previous) owner in Canberra and we will drive it back from there. We are both visiting to let our respective lovely ladies gaze over those coloured plant things that are almost completely unrelated to Porsches.

Doish13, I'll miss out this time around but I'll take you up on that next time I'm in Sydney!

thanks for the kind words. i am having a bit of withdrawal now that i am back in darwin. can't wait to go back to brisbane and drive it back the rest of the way...

Congradulations, nice car,

Did you buy it from Rob Raymer in South Yarra , as l saw one just like it when l was in the market for a turbo.

Cheers

Jim

no, jocaro motors near moorabbin

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and warm greetings to all members,

I have just joined the forum today and wanted to pay my respects to all members and just say that I am looking forward to getting to know you in the coming days and weeks.

From what I have read, there is a really warm and supportive and respectful culture in this forum and that is just sensational.

I am very fortunate in that I have two very special Porsches, an 89 3.2 Cab and a 1990 964 C4 Cab.

I am another Melbourne member and look forward to getting out and about and meeting other members when the opportunity arises.

Enough for now, thanks for listening

Cheers...red gear. (Alan)

K1200, welcome to the forum....jealous of your king quad 750!! I have the 700 and that goes like a cut snake, so can only imagine how we'll the 750 gets along ..!

If you need your car delivered from Brisbane to Darwin.........I'm free..!!,

Cheers

Peter

• 4 weeks later...

HA !

A mate of mine on the gold coast sent me a phone pic of your car the other day !

Hi Guys,

Nathan here on the Gold Coast, I have just become a very proud Porsche owner. I snapped up the 964 Turbo mentioned on the forums here.....

In doing my research before buying my first Porsche I came across these forums. Needless to say I kept a close eye on that post as the car was at the top of my list. I bought the car last Monday and drove it back up from Sydney. No better way to get to know a car than doing a long road trip day one :) Looking forward to picking everyone's brains!

7358212818_a778aaff95_z.jpg

_FF19904 by Nathan Jermyn Photography, on Flickr