INTRODUCTION THREAD

I am slowly scanning them on, (family stuff in the process and then the motorsport)

don't know what I am going to do with them but anyway better than chucking them out I guess.

Might put an album together of just the very best stuff, stick it on flickr or photobucket and just have it open for anyone interested.

niko,i'm sure the guys on this forum would appreciate seeing some of your racing pics

http://www.theroaringseason.com/forum.php

they have an awesome selection of aussie/nz motor racing pics

niko,i'm sure the guys on this forum would appreciate seeing some of your racing pics

http://www.theroaringseason.com/forum.php

they have an awesome selection of aussie/nz motor racing pics

Thanks Jnr, and for the website, just tried to join up but it is having a little "site unavailable" at the moment, so will try again later.

I do have some good stuff, (IMO) so once I get them all scanned pick the eyes out of it and put a few up.   Have a fair bit of older P stuff.

But don't want to take up to much forum space or bore people.   

Cheers Jnr

That makes sense Aussie as when I was looking for a 944 I didn't see many. Am I right in saying they have the higher output S2 engine in the pre-S2 body. Is that right?

IIRC the 944S was a twin cam version of the vanilla 944's single-cammer 2.5L.  The later S2 punched the capacity out to 3.0L (mit twin cams) so is a different kettle of fish entirely.

• 2 weeks later...

Geez, there's a lot of familiar people in here! Great to have a dedicated OZ Porsche site too. 

My name's Patrick...and I'm a Porsche-aholic...errr Porschephile. 

Grew up with the 930 as my dream car. Was in the PCNSW club back in the '80s with a VW gls that we whacked a little Japanese IHI huffer on. Great little car. Didn't rejoin until 2006 when I bought a very nice slate grey metallic 1989 944 turbo out of South Australia. Flew down on a Saturday morning with a Bank Cheque in the back pocket. Drove it home that day. Not a bad test drive! 

Then of course the mod bug bit and went through one disaster after another. Multiple engine build$ later and a different car after writing the grey one off in a crash. I'm now in the midst of a rather interesting Race car build. Some of you will know the car. Started as a Black '86 944 turbo (ebay special). Transplanted all the running gear off the '89 which by that time had quite a few modifications and then made the decision to 'cross the line' over to a proper track car (stripped / caged etc) back in late 2010. Finally got it back on the track in April 2012 after a lot of time and that other thing that shall remain namele$$. First time out, had an issue with the suspension (inside rear wheel lift at T1 Eastern Creek!) and put it into the far tyre wall. So currently it's in it's 3rd build with even more stuff going on. While the last build looked pretty sharp the next one will be a step up again. Hope to be back on the track in a few months. 

Hi Bruce. Yes I noticed quite a few names on here. Good to see our own site too I reckon, although I can't seem to load any pics but I'm sure it will work itself out. Very small allotted sizes though. 

Yes, progress has been made. Have been waiting on some parts which have now arrived. The guys will get back into it soon. The motor is going back in after a looooooong time in the U.S. Sean will open it up and probably replace headgasket and perhaps bearings if needed. Better to do this while it's still out of the car. The car will look a whole lot different again after this build. 

I can't wait to see some pics of latest incarnation of your beast Patrick and welcome aboard. We are lucky to have Bruce (and I think Sean) posting here, generously imparting their wealth of knowledge to the forum.

I upload my pics to face book and then link from there, which gets around size restrictions. You could also use photobucket or other hosting site too,

Welcome, Patrick.

A real pleasure to have you on the forum.

We have all been following your car. 

Look forward to the rebuild and plenty of knowledge you may share.

We have more and more track guys on here, hope you can help us out.  :)

Thanks Vas for the warm welcome. I too hope to hear from more of the track guys. Be nice to compare notes. 

Funny to see a thread in here about my car without me knowing. Felt obliged to answer some of the 'questions/assumptions' of my crash too.  ;)

Please do, we would love to hear it.  :)