INTRODUCTION THREAD

Thanks Brian, for sharing that. Sure is some history there, and some good stories in it's past life no doubt.

Great looking car, and hopefully you will catch up with Steve, Caver, Doish and others from your neck of the woods.

thanks again,

On the wheels, I havent reached a final decision yet on the style, 17 inch seems to be the way to go though.

The SMT sounds like fun, Im living in the Northern Tablelands and work in Darwin. I dont get long at home to enjoy the car......or the family. Never know though, I will keep a watch on the SMT.

Niko, I have scanned the catalogues and that optional attachment for the whale tail doesnt seem to be available for the 930 with the tea tray. Might be after market !!

Cheers

Niko, I have scanned the catalogues and that optional attachment for the whale tail doesnt seem to be available for the 930 with the tea tray. Might be after market !!

Cheers

I think it is definitely an after market addition and very expensive to purchase and I would think the upkeep would also be a wallet drainer. But.........

Hi Nick987, its my first 930, however, I did have a 69 911S back in the late 70's for a year or two with the intention of making a 934 replica. Bought the full kit from Ken Foo and it still hangs on my garage wall, compomotive wheel centres and assorted rubber pieces and grills. still unsure what to do with it all

Hi all,

I just put a deposit down on my first ever 911 after wanting one in this colour since I was a kid. I should have it if all goes well in a week or so. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone knows about this car, as I'm sure plenty of you follow what is up for sale, and the community is probably small enough that everyone knows everyone else!

It seems vicroads hasn't recorded the VIN number so I am having trouble doing history checks on the car. The owner tells me it's Australian delivered, so if anyone can help me with areas to check (other than compliance plate) it'd be greatly appreciated.

I'm located in Newcastle, NSW and the car is a loooong way from here.

59_600.jpg

desismileys_6865.gif

Hi STEAMWOLF, welcome aboard. I am sure someone with some knowledge on that problem will let you know here.

I thought I read somewhere that if you peel back the carpet in the front trunk either top left or top right, you should find some numbers there. But as I said, someone else will give you the real deal.

Great looking car and I agree the red is perfect.

From the experience by some of our members...... doing the history check and also the written off register is well and truly worth while. More than worthwhile actually, should be a definite must...

Have to ditch that number plate looks a bit MB'ish.

Hopefully hear more from you and the story of how you found your new love.

Hi all,

I just put a deposit down on my first ever 911 after wanting one in this colour since I was a kid. I should have it if all goes well in a week or so. I'd be interested in knowing if anyone knows about this car, as I'm sure plenty of you follow what is up for sale, and the community is probably small enough that everyone knows everyone else!

It seems vicroads hasn't recorded the VIN number so I am having trouble doing history checks on the car. The owner tells me it's Australian delivered, so if anyone can help me with areas to check (other than compliance plate) it'd be greatly appreciated.

I'm located in Newcastle, NSW and the car is a loooong way from here.

59_600.jpg

Welcome steam!

Give Porsche a call and tell them you want to do a VIN search on a car you'd like to buy. They can tell you all kinds of info. Most importantly if it is in fact an Aus delivered car, plus what options it came with. I even found out a car I was interested in was a repairable write off from them. They are really helpful I found.

Good luck!

Well, I must say I am impressed. Jason from Porsche Aus was happy to chat about the car and listed off some details. It's an Australian delivered Guards Red SC with factory 16in Fuchs, rear wiper, sunroof and front and rear spoilers. So as best as I can tell from the photos, it's a very very original car.

A bit of a shame in a way as I was going to modify it for track days :lol: guess I will have to rethink that depending on what it's like when I finally get it next week.

SteamWolf. I have found that image to be very amusing. It may have something to do with my twisted sense of humour. Extremely clever.

Be aware though that others may be offended and disturbed to see all those fluffy little rabbits being gunned down by Rambo-Fox. <_< <_< <_<