INTRODUCTION THREAD

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone, 

Been lurking for a couple of years and just picked up a 993 TT so thought I'd introduce myself..... I worked at Porsche in Germany for a few years, had a 993 C4 hotted up and a Cayenne Hybrid in California.  Stupidly sold the 993 for $50K USD in '21 before moving back even though work offered to ship the car at their cost....

Just got back into an Area Red 993TT last week in a rage bid without expecting to win.  To my pleasant surprise it had a ground up restoration about 3K miles ago which the seller neglected to mention....... any advice on getting it registered in Vic greatly appreciated

I have a Taycan in the same colour but its not the same feeling...

One day I will get a better pic!

993.jpg

garage.jpg

45 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Hi Everyone, 

Been lurking for a couple of years and just picked up a 993 TT so thought I'd introduce myself..... I worked at Porsche in Germany for a few years, had a 993 C4 hotted up and a Cayenne Hybrid in California.  Stupidly sold the 993 for $50K USD in '21 before moving back even though work offered to ship the car at their cost....

Just got back into an Area Red 993TT last week in a rage bid without expecting to win.  To my pleasant surprise it had a ground up restoration about 3K miles ago which the seller neglected to mention....... any advice on getting it registered in Vic greatly appreciated

I have a Taycan in the same colour but its not the same feeling...

One day I will get a better pic!

993.jpg

garage.jpg

Congratulations looks fantastic and great colour too. My advice on registration is to join a club and put it on club plates so you can avoid having to pay the Victorian Government’s ridiculous 9% stamp duty.

12 minutes ago, Yeatesy said:

Congratulations looks fantastic and great colour too. My advice on registration is to join a club and put it on club plates so you can avoid having to pay the Victorian Government’s ridiculous 9% stamp duty.

Holy shit didn't realize i had to play Vic Gov Stamp duty ontop of the GST!  Time to find a club!

3 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

@Farlz, did you buy it here or OS? If OS, not sure you need to pay stamp duty, @Yeatesy.. just gst only? Stamp duty is for domestic purchases only I thought.. 

30 minutes ago, Philbee said:

@Farlz, did you buy it here or OS? If OS, not sure you need to pay stamp duty, @Yeatesy.. just gst only? Stamp duty is for domestic purchases only I thought.. 

It was already a NSW car - was imported about 18 months ago as far as I can tell
EFA - the GST was paid by the seller 

Edited by Farlz
mistake