INTRODUCTION THREAD

• 2 weeks later...

G'day all,

Finally getting around to my introduction. My names Adam and I've just picked myself up a 2009 Cayenne Diesel (from another forum member it turns out). I needed something more practical than my modified Mazda 3 MPS and the Cayenne fits the bills quite nicely.

Picture of the new beast attached.

20230110_094938.jpg

Hi all, been lurking for a while and also thought I should introduce myself finally. I've been a lifelong fan - I blame the fact that some of my family came from Stuttgart, so Porsche is just part of my cultural heritage 😋.  Pic below of my first and only (so far) P car, a 718 Cayman S, from a road trip to Tassie a couple of year ago.  It's my daily, but have now also been bitten by the track bug, having done some driver training days down at Phillip Island and at Mt Cotton with Porsche, so it will be seeing a bit more of the track this year I think!

Cayman S.jpg

4 hours ago, 80mercury said:

Hi all, been lurking for a while and also thought I should introduce myself finally. I've been a lifelong fan - I blame the fact that some of my family came from Stuttgart, so Porsche is just part of my cultural heritage 😋.  Pic below of my first and only (so far) P car, a 718 Cayman S, from a road trip to Tassie a couple of year ago.  It's my daily, but have now also been bitten by the track bug, having done some driver training days down at Phillip Island and at Mt Cotton with Porsche, so it will be seeing a bit more of the track this year I think!

Cayman S.jpg

Welcome on board and congrats. Those 718 Cayman S are very underrated iMHO.

• 2 months later...

Hi all - new to the forum. 
have recently purschased a 67 912 and will be looking for some advice along the way. 
Also have a 2019 Macan S that am about to put on car sales - the catalyst for joining if there’s someone interested in here first. 
have a few other toys that I’ll try and share 

80ABE631-B0AA-4F3E-A15F-05E3630F7624.jpeg

C4F49D3E-B0F5-4D0F-AC9A-3BBEB475982E.jpeg

D1BB39CB-E8B4-4A39-ADA9-0E029906474B.jpeg

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone,

Long term reader here and even longer term Porsche lover, so thought I should sign up and say g'day.

First P car was a beautiful 3.2 Carrera Targa, complete with turbo body, which eventually wound up in France.

Since returning to AUS I've picked up a 987.2 Cayman S PDK from another forum member and have taken that down to Tassie to enjoy exploring all the Targa stages and everything in between. Planning to get her on the tracks down in TAS before too long as well.

I am currently on the hunt for a 957 Cayenne Diesel to daily drive and get to all the areas of TAS that I don't dare take the Cayman! Will put a separate post in the WTB section soon, but hit me up if you have a relatively low km 957 you are looking to part ways with.

Cheers, Matt

DSC00996LR.jpg

IMG_20230222_152906_399.jpg

1 hour ago, Mid Engine Explorer said:

Hi everyone,

Long term reader here and even longer term Porsche lover, so thought I should sign up and say g'day.

First P car was a beautiful 3.2 Carrera Targa, complete with turbo body, which eventually wound up in France.

Since returning to AUS I've picked up a 987.2 Cayman S PDK from another forum member and have taken that down to Tassie to enjoy exploring all the Targa stages and everything in between. Planning to get her on the tracks down in TAS before too long as well.

I am currently on the hunt for a 957 Cayenne Diesel to daily drive and get to all the areas of TAS that I don't dare take the Cayman! Will put a separate post in the WTB section soon, but hit me up if you have a relatively low km 957 you are looking to part ways with.

Cheers, Matt

DSC00996LR.jpg

IMG_20230222_152906_399.jpg

Welcome Matt!!  Send me a PM if you'd like to get involved with Porsche Club Tas activities (if you're not already).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all. New to Porsche ownership coming from a line of AWD vehicles (also with boxer motors) and most recently a Focus RS.  But hanging with a bunch of Cayman/Boxster owners convinced me to step up to this, a 718S with a rare manual 'box with a few of the needed options and a classic colour.  I have tracked previous cars, but these days an early morning drive in the countryside works for me.  Cheers!

IMG_3358.jpeg

3 hours ago, Alpha Dog said:

Hi all. New to Porsche ownership coming from a line of AWD vehicles (also with boxer motors) and most recently a Focus RS.  But hanging with a bunch of Cayman/Boxster owners convinced me to step up to this, a 718S with a rare manual 'box with a few of the needed options and a classic colour.  I have tracked previous cars, but these days an early morning drive in the countryside works for me.  Cheers!

Nice ride, welcome to the dark side.

• 4 months later...
On 26/12/2023 at 15:55, Badjones said:

Hi all, new to this Forum, located in Newcastle. Raced motorcycles and Porsche seems to be the closest substitute when driven in a sporting manner. I have two cars as below. Cheers all.Cayman.thumb.jpg.3e5a4488cf3a7714cc4bfdec23debdde.jpg

Boxster.jpg

Welcome.  Is the Cayman the weekend ride & the 986 your commuter?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Matt_IXII said:

Hi all. 

New member here. Just took possession of a 1987 911 Carrera Sport. What an absolute joy to drive and enjoy. Keen to meet a few other Porsche owners in and around Melbourne!

911.jpeg

Looks very nice, congratulations 

2 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

Looks very nice, congratulations 

Thanks mate. Congratulations is a bitter sweet way to put it. It was passed down to me after my dad passed away recently. We bonded over cars and this was his absolute pride and joy. Will keep this in the family forever and pass it down to my nephew or son if I have kids. Every time I drive this it connects me my old man. I used to work at Mercedes-Benz and have driven everything from C63's to SLS and AMG GTC's and while they are certainly faster and more agile, none of those feel as special as the 911 does.