INTRODUCTION THREAD

G'day Wayne. Be good to catch up this season somewhere. Did you bring your 996 out here? Where's the Yellow Beastie? 

Yes mate, sure did. Got the 996 complianced and registered a couple of weeks ago. It was a bit of a short lived joy as 15 mins into my first drive I picked up a tank of crap fuel and the car was off the road for another week whilst I sorted it :rolleyes: The yellow car is sitting in my garage at the moment. I'm awaiting the return of some of my gear from the UK before I run it.

Gday Pat

Newbie here too, hadnt seen your crash vid.

DAMN that was a helluva whack into the wall!

I used to race Superbikes, and after watching a mate toss it in turn one there with a stuck throttle,then his bike sat up and hit the wall flat out at 200holyshit kph, youre a very lucky man!

• 2 weeks later...

Geez, there's a lot of familiar people in here! Great to have a dedicated OZ Porsche site too. 

My name's Patrick...and I'm a Porsche-aholic...errr Porschephile. 

Grew up with the 930 as my dream car. Was in the PCNSW club back in the '80s with a VW gls that we whacked a little Japanese IHI huffer on. Great little car. Didn't rejoin until 2006 when I bought a very nice slate grey metallic 1989 944 turbo out of South Australia. Flew down on a Saturday morning with a Bank Cheque in the back pocket. Drove it home that day. Not a bad test drive! 

Then of course the mod bug bit and went through one disaster after another. Multiple engine build$ later and a different car after writing the grey one off in a crash. I'm now in the midst of a rather interesting Race car build. Some of you will know the car. Started as a Black '86 944 turbo (ebay special). Transplanted all the running gear off the '89 which by that time had quite a few modifications and then made the decision to 'cross the line' over to a proper track car (stripped / caged etc) back in late 2010. Finally got it back on the track in April 2012 after a lot of time and that other thing that shall remain namele$$. First time out, had an issue with the suspension (inside rear wheel lift at T1 Eastern Creek!) and put it into the far tyre wall. So currently it's in it's 3rd build with even more stuff going on. While the last build looked pretty sharp the next one will be a step up again. Hope to be back on the track in a few months. 

Geez look who decided to show up on the aussy forum! Welcome B)  I haven't clicked around much here as i was building my engine and clicking around R list looking for answers. 

lookin good Pauly. Once you get it sorted you have to join us on an SMT

I'm looking out for the next SMT that i can go on, or even a carpark meet. I wouldn't mind getting a few 944s out for a nice meet and even lunch somewhere like port melbourne

Hi Guys & Girls,

Would like to introduce myself, my name is Nick, been reading this forum for about the past 3 months - joined today as I can add Boxster to the "Rides" section.

Have been a Porsche fan since a kid & always wanted to own one.

First saw the Boxster whilst working in Switerland in 1998 and said to myself one day I will get one of those... eventually that day finally arrived last week.

Purchased a 2003 Black Boxster S (manual) which is exactly what I wanted.

Look forward to meeting and doing a few cruise with Vic members in the near future.

Cheers,

Nick

G'day Nick, great to have you join us, even greater that we have another "box" in the ranks. Looking forward to meeting you at a coffee catch up or of course one of our unforgettable SMT's. We have the Baw Baw run coming up shortly. A bit of a longer run than we normally do and after talking to Mike the organizer we may have up to 20 cars. So be a good one to break your Box in and meet the members.

Parkdale, makes you just about a neighbor to a few of us.

Again, welcome,

Regards,

Niko

Never really introduced myself....... So here goes

Looked at 993 for many years but was never the right time. Then my mother in law was hit with terminal cancer and perspectives changed on many things.

So started looking, and bought a 94 993 sight unseen with no PPI. Car is pretty good for me, and is kept on the street so was never after a perfect example.

Having done some more research, I have now round that this car is NUMBER TWO in Australia. So, not quite number 1,but looks like the first tip made for Australia.

Very happy with ownership so far, have enjoyed a couple of trips so far. Learning the art of driving a 'raw' car. My other drives are a VW R36 (faster than p car but far less engaging) and a Benz r320 diesel 7 seat wagon for the family.

Cheers.

Chris

Never really introduced myself....... So here goes

Looked at 993 for many years but was never the right time. Then my mother in law was hit with terminal cancer and perspectives changed on many things.

So started looking, and bought a 94 993 sight unseen with no PPI. Car is pretty good for me, and is kept on the street so was never after a perfect example.

Having done some more research, I have now round that this car is NUMBER TWO in Australia. So, not quite number 1,but looks like the first tip made for Australia.

Very happy with ownership so far, have enjoyed a couple of trips so far. Learning the art of driving a 'raw' car. My other drives are a VW R36 (faster than p car but far less engaging) and a Benz r320 diesel 7 seat wagon for the family.

Cheers.

Chris

Nice..

I would like to eventually own a 993 as well. There will always be reasons to not buy, but at some point just have to bite the bullet. 

Were you lucky as far as the condition of the car not having had a PPI done?

I've driven a couple 993 tips and have also found they are not overly quick, though I wasnt able to push the ones i drove, given they were test drives.. the Golf GTI i currently have feels quicker. Would like to eventually try a 993 manual to compare

So far so good re no PPI. Nine plus have seen the car and were happy with it.

A great DD for me on local runs. Just gotta get it on some longer higher speed runs.

Certainly my R36 would whip it in a drag, but I feel no connection with the road in the vw any more since getting the p car. Quite a shame, as the vw was a really good car.

C

Welcome to the PFA Nix nice looking Boxster can't wait to see it parked next to Niko's now nicer sounding boxster for a great yellow and black combo.

Go Tigers!

Kev.

And welcome again to ByronBayChris aka lucky Chris

Welcome to the PFA Nix nice looking Boxster can't wait to see it parked next to Niko's now nicer sounding boxster for a great yellow and black combo.

Go Tigers!

Kev.

And welcome again to ByronBayChris aka lucky Chris

Deffo lucky Chris - what a deal he scored! Nice car, I'd be happy with that even if its black :)

Nice..

I would like to eventually own a 993 as well. There will always be reasons to not buy, but at some point just have to bite the bullet.

Were you lucky as far as the condition of the car not having had a PPI done?

I've driven a couple 993 tips and have also found they are not overly quick, though I wasnt able to push the ones i drove, given they were test drives.. the Golf GTI i currently have feels quicker. Would like to eventually try a 993 manual to compare

Bite the bullet is right. I'm so scared of the maintenance but not scared enough to stop being obsessed with owning one! Hence why I'm waiting. I'm clearing up a bit of credit card debt and making financial position strong enough to buy one. This means a 964 or 993 might end up in my garage after all. I know the wait will be worth it.

http://www.uniquecarsales.com.au/private/details/porsche-911-carrera-1994-14436493?base=1216+1841&vertical=Car&cr=4&page=5&eapi=2&__N=4294963765+1247+1282+1252+1246+1216&num=12&silo=Stock&Range=Price:Min,60000~1&sort=UniqVotes