What dealer free bees did you get?

I've ordered a new Macan S.  Any discounting was absolutely rejected.  OK, I get that as most new cars are supposedly sold before they get into the showroom.

My question is did you get anything 'thrown in' from the dealer when you picked up your Porsche?  (other than a bunch of flowers)

Any responses appreciated.  

Edited by MARSHALL
misspelling

Managed to get a 4% discount on a Macan S but it was like fighting WWII. 

They gave me an boot liner (useful), umbrella, 2x key rings, 1 expresso set (umm), 1x cap, 1x mug.

Glad I got my build slot when I did (car is on the water) because timing of new orders now looks very uncertain with the microchip shortages

1 hour ago, npvpositive said:

They gave me an boot liner (useful), umbrella, 2x key rings, 1 expresso set (umm), 1x cap, 1x mug.

Glad I got my build slot when I did (car is on the water) because timing of new orders now looks very uncertain with the microchip shortages

You did very well in this climate to get anything from the dealer! With the microchip shortages the new car/used car market will be very tight for the next 6-12 months, so they have far more demand than availability. 

My biggest concern - the manufacturers are pushing very hard for fixed price/no "haggle" pricing. They are spouting bullshit like "we guarantee the best price first time" but we all know the reality is they want to cut out the dealer network (and associated margin) to increase revenue and totally remove customer price negotiation. 

They are also saying "this is what they do in the USA" - thats also total bullshit, yes the USA has a "List Price" model but I dont know anyone who pays list. When I lived in the USA I was able to negotiate >10% off list....

2 hours ago, npvpositive said:

I like to hear this.

You are up against trained professional sellers.

My friend tells me her son finished a 4 year  "apprenticeship" as she called it, to sell.

It is however an old art we've been up to for a while now as humans but we've not all made it our primary skill.

Tony the Greek he say to me, "you never be desperate ".

Right now with the buyers "desperate " creates that oh well I'm fkd, I'll just submit story and the seller has the upper hand.

Nice job @npvpositive

I was told today my Macan order has slipped a month due to the (supposedly world wide?) chip shortage.  It's possible such delays could go on for months.   I guess there will be no offers to pay interest on the 10% deposit the dealer holds.   

46 minutes ago, MARSHALL said:

I was told today my Macan order has slipped a month due to the (supposedly world wide?) chip shortage.  It's possible such delays could go on for months.   I guess there will be no offers to pay interest on the 10% deposit the dealer holds.   

That sucks, sorry to hear it.  According to PCSS,  Germany just told them that the Cayenne plant is going to be shut down for a period because of the supply chain issues . . . so good luck to anyone hoping for a Cayenne in 2021.  You also can't order the 14-way or 18-way seats in most models because these have memory chips.  It's not just Porsche being impacted by the supply chain problems, this is hitting BMW, Mercedes, etc.

On 30/04/2021 at 13:09, Ozvino said:

You did very well in this climate to get anything from the dealer! With the microchip shortages the new car/used car market will be very tight for the next 6-12 months, so they have far more demand than availability. 

My biggest concern - the manufacturers are pushing very hard for fixed price/no "haggle" pricing. They are spouting bullshit like "we guarantee the best price first time" but we all know the reality is they want to cut out the dealer network (and associated margin) to increase revenue and totally remove customer price negotiation. 

They are also saying "this is what they do in the USA" - thats also total bullshit, yes the USA has a "List Price" model but I dont know anyone who pays list. When I lived in the USA I was able to negotiate >10% off list....

I bought 4 new Mazda’s a couple of weeks ago, $3500 off each, almost 10%.   Can be done, on Mazda anyway.

There will be extreme haggling on trade in pricing with the new vertical retail model!

Many ways to define best price...

I’ve only really managed one thing. Purchased a new Ducati the week after the Australian World Super Bike round. Managed to get an unused factory Ducati WSB techs shirt thrown in after seeing it in the bosses office whom I kinda knew.

Best though was buying my Lambo from Richmonds. I turned up and David had A HEAP of factory stuff for me sitting on his desk as he thought I might like it. Everything from kids colouring books to coffee table books all from the Lamborghini factory. The turning point in the sale was when he asked who I planned to use to ship it back to NSW and I said “are you kidding? I’m driving it back via all the best roads I can find over 5 days”.  

1 hour ago, Uncle said:

I’ve only really managed one thing. Purchased a new Ducati the week after the Australian World Super Bike round. Managed to get an unused factory Ducati WSB techs shirt thrown in after seeing it in the bosses office whom I kinda knew.

Win on Sunday, freebies on Monday!

Managed to get a hefty discount when we bought the Macan S. It was fully loaded though, so getting a discount was easy since we paid through the nose for the options. From memory it was roughly 8% and during the release of the new model one of the first .2 cars in the country. Also had a boot load of goodies and a $250.00 voucher to Yering Station for a lunch/dinner.