The restoration process has begun. It's been 5 years in the making

48 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

I deserved that! ... 🤣

It's a funny thing, the old Pascha ... it really is a love it or don't fabric. It was actually a deciding factor in me buying the car. Just love it!! ...

I'm with you, sorta. Back in the day I loathed pasha but the more I see it over the past year or two the more I'm a fan (on the correct vintage) really liking it.

The black/silver wheels look really good. I take it its silver paint not clear coat to the natural alloy. Is the all the masking of the silver as labour intensive as I think? Or was the black applied by hand & brush? Any more details on this work would be much appreciated as I have some similar BBS wheels and am thinking along the same lines, but maybe black/gold.

10 minutes ago, brian in buddina said:

The black/silver wheels look really good. I take it its silver paint not clear coat to the natural alloy. Is the all the masking of the silver as labour intensive as I think? Or was the black applied by hand & brush? Any more details on this work would be much appreciated as I have some similar BBS wheels and am thinking along the same lines, but maybe black/gold.

Thanks mate ... they really do look much better in the flesh and pop against the red paint.

So the way these were done is pretty much as you thought .. the whole wheel was black coated then the black on the face was shaved off with a diamond tip blade back to bare alloy. Then a clear coat was applied to help protect it.

I honestly don't know how they would do 2 colours ... the masking up needed would be next level.

On 11/03/2022 at 10:46, Dreamr said:

So .. I've been a bit slack in updating this thread, so apologies to those that have been following it.

Under the threat of @KGB, I did go with the black / silver option, and I've gotta say, it's probably the best money I've spent. They finish off the new paint work incredibly.

7 and a half months FFS, what are you doing all day?

The chosen people have been known to call me a C**T but I only threaten when necessary.

Pasha for president!

How good does it look…

Keep up the good works old mate.

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned previously, had the wheels refurbished on the 924 and took its first photos out of the garage with its new bling ... complements the new paint perfectly!

Hint ... if you zoom in on the last photo, you can see the top of the new drivers seat poking out .. 😍

Also managed to track down a hen's tooth part .. a near mint 924 Turbo rear spoiler ... made for the turbo only, so unfortunately not the same as a 944 one. Mine is cactus and I've been searching for what feels like a lifetime.

Screenshot_20220321-085510_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220321-085530_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220321-085539_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220321-085555_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220321-091017_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220321-091027_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220321-091035_Gallery.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So the unicorn with hens teeth rear spoiler arrived. Very happy with it!

It also got its first wash since being painted and I think I'm in love all over again! ...

I had the "turbo" sill decals printed in Germany to factory specifications and got tired of waiting to get them fitted, so YouTube it was and did them myself. Turned out perfectly.

Goes in for the new black carpet to be fitted next week, then the passenger and rear seat can be put back in.

Screenshot_20220410-212711_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220410-212720_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220410-212735_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220410-212744_Gallery.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 901er said:

Awesome work Ronny.

Have you had an issues with obsolete parts so far? 

Not as yet .. 😬

I’ve been really lucky that this particular car was a really solid base and pretty much everything has been cosmetic so far. Haven’t had to change or repair and major mechanical bits yet ..

I did have a small issue a while back with sourcing new suspension, but I think that had more to do with me not wanting to spend a kings ransom on it, as I didn’t need anything more than the stock set-up .. there was plenty of expensive bits around.

• 4 weeks later...

Progress update ...

Sent a used dash away for refinishing. It started out brown and came back black .. looks absolutely brand new and it's going to look great once installed!

Also sent away a pair of incredibly good condition sun visors .. also brown but these were re-coloured rather than reskinned ..

Oh .. and I also found and bought a period correct accessory .. didn't want none of this modern tech .. 😅

Screenshot_20220525-081216_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220525-081224_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220525-081236_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220525-081240_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220525-081245_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220523-150503_Facebook.jpg

11 minutes ago, Stepo said:

Nice work...is someone in Sydney doing the dashes or did you need to send it to Melb?

Thanks ... I'm really happy with it.

I sent it to Melbourne and got it done there ..

Cheers ...

Had the restored dash fitted and it now looks like new .. gotta love it!

Also have had the old gearbox removed and the newly rebuilt gearbox fitted ... to say it's an improvement is an understatement! .. shifts like a new car again .. it even has the spring loaded change from 1st to 2nd .. never had that before. It's almost like I have to re-learn how to change gears again, it's soooo different.

Rear carpet was supplied slightly wrong in the carpet set so that is has now been remade and sorted and I ended up getting some mats made out of the leftover carpet and got a red border stitched on just for something different ..

Getting close to finishing it off .. just odds and bods to go now and still need to find door cards to replace my damaged ones ...

Screenshot_20220602-155700_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220602-155707_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220602-155714_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220602-155722_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220602-155741_Gallery.jpg

• 1 month later...

A couple of bits to improve the look ... an original battery and windshield wiper motor cover .. not essential but it's the little details ..

Also found some door cards in the UK but in the wrong colour .. can't be too picky with them as not a lot available so had them recoloured to black to match the rest of the interior. Came up fantastic and hard to pick from the original. The bottom half will be covered in Pasha material ... this will pretty much be the last job needed to finish the resto.

Screenshot_20220711-195737_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220711-195726_Gallery.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...