GT3 front splitter touch ups

mbedford

Is there anyway to touchup and restore the look of this GT3 front splitter? I heard of something called plastidip?
The damage was done by the previous owner.  The car has the front lift kit, so its worth restoring the look as its not likely to happen again.

splitter 1.jpg

splitter 2.jpg

Mate, in all honesty, it WILL happen again......  You should try a 6.1 WITHOUT a lift kit 😞 

Whilst I haven't tried it, I would think you'll need to remove the splitter, gently sand back the scrapes, and then paint the whole item.  However, Plastidip is a removable coating, so you might be better to get a black vinyl spray, I think Duplicolour do one

Sand the marks down and use Matt black touch up paint hides some of the marks or make,s it less noticeable or alternatively someone could wrap the lower section in Vinyl but it is only going to mark when you scrap it again , part of GT3 ownership 

I would not use plasti dip like twoheadstas said it is removable , they claim it can take impacts and is durable , but I found that is not the case ..

Link about plasti dip

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/brands/plasti-dip

They take a whole minute to take off, two plug/pins thingys on either end and the rest just slots in.

Sand back the scratches, repaint with the cheapest Matt Black spray you can find.

The whole job should take 15 minutes.

Buy a new one and stash it away for when you sell it.

2 hours ago, mbedford said:

Is there anyway to touchup and restore the look of this GT3 front splitter? I heard of something called plastidip?
The damage was done by the previous owner.  The car has the front lift kit, so its worth restoring the look as its not likely to happen again.

splitter 1.jpg

splitter 2.jpg

@mbedford , Congrats on pickup. Tell us about your initial experience. ? You reckon its a keeper. ?? As other said, these scratches are inevitable. 

53 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

Peaked my interest Steve. Guessing you remove to repair and repaint?

Yea, it`s only 2 small fasteners at the ends and push clips across the front, sanded it on the car  as it`s floppy, put it across a couple of saw horses  and the can of plastidip in the sun,gave it a spray and chucked it back on, done it a couple of times now.