Leichtbauer ...the magician

michel

I love this stuff... I first stumbled onto fishcop's (from brisbane) build on pp at 11o'clock one night, I kept reading until 2:30 even though I had to get up at 6, it was worth it. Nice find michel.

How is fishcops build going?  I haven't looked at it in a while - do you have the link?

• 1 month later...

Hello, down under
I found this thread when i searching the web. It is an honor when a separate thread will be opened on for me.

But nothing in my work is magic. iI's just a good job. I want it to inspire others to try it. Many people have these skills, sometimes just lack the courage to do it.

It also takes time. The least work immediately. Try and improve constantly so you can make it. It does not always much money. Many of my parts are created because I do not have the money to buy new parts. RSR struts can also buy, but this is expensive and not funny!

I use a lot titanium on my parts. So that I can make, I have a big box of army aircraft spare parts bought on ebay.Unbelievable how cheap it comes to such exotic material.
I hope I can inspire many to try it.

Greetings from Switzerland, Der Leichtbauer

and yes, the snow is gone, now I have more time for my project.

Hello, down under

I found this thread when i searching the web. It is an honor when a separate thread will be opened on for me.

But nothing in my work is magic. iI's just a good job. I want it to inspire others to try it. Many people have these skills, sometimes just lack the courage to do it.

It also takes time. The least work immediately. Try and improve constantly so you can make it. It does not always much money. Many of my parts are created because I do not have the money to buy new parts. RSR struts can also buy, but this is expensive and not funny!

I use a lot titanium on my parts. So that I can make, I have a big box of army aircraft spare parts bought on ebay.Unbelievable how cheap it comes to such exotic material.

I hope I can inspire many to try it.

Greetings from Switzerland, Der Leichtbauer

You are welcome sir.

Less is indeed, more. Keep it up!!

Hello, down underI found this thread when i searching the web. It is an honor when a separate thread will be opened on for me.

I use a lot titanium on my parts. So that I can make, I have a big box of army aircraft spare parts bought on ebay.Unbelievable how cheap it comes to such exotic material.I hope I can inspire many to try it.Greetings from Switzerland, Der Leichtbauer

How much did that weigh?

• 1 month later...

Hi down under
I want to show you my latest creation. That there is not yet on Pelican! The premiere for PFA.

There is a thread on Pelican on windshield wipers. Light wipers!

I'm building a windshield wiper in the original geometry but with half the weight. The parts are not finished yet, but you can see what it is. I only use aluminum, titanium, and polyamide. The wipermotor is from a VW Polo. 800gr. it is lighter than the original 911 motor, but has the same power.

post-1257-0-62606500-1368561407_thumb.jp

post-1257-0-99848900-1368561587_thumb.jp

post-1257-0-55329200-1368561589_thumb.jp

post-1257-0-47609100-1368561590_thumb.jp

This is fantastic. Using ex-military surplus to rebuild your 911 is just inspired.

My dad brought home all sorts of things from the aviation workshop that he worked in and I still have a lot of them.  Everything has a use.

The favorite was using F111 afterburner fuel pipe as the warm air duct for the choke in Mum's Datsun 240K.

I cant wait to see what else Leichtbauer comes up with.

harvs where is the 240K?

only one wiper leichbauer? otherwise your lightweight credentials  might be called into question :) 

i like singer for the attention to detail but im  really liking the leichtbauer wand

240k is long gone. Rust in peace.

I prefer LB's project to Singer. This is a car being built for the pleasure of creating something special. Some how I don't think a Singer buyer would have the same satisfaction as LB who has done all the work himself.

Keep up the beautiful work Leichtbauer

This is fantastic. Using ex-military surplus to rebuild your 911 is just inspired.

My dad brought home all sorts of things from the aviation workshop that he worked in and I still have a lot of them.  Everything has a use.

The favorite was using F111 afterburner fuel pipe as the warm air duct for the choke in Mum's Datsun 240K.

I cant wait to see what else Leichtbauer comes up with.

lol, I know of a guy that had a gold plated dipstick in his VW thanks to the electroplating shops for the F111 (and a lot of re-chromed parts)