Heights and wheels question for 911 3.2

Hello everyoneI, I am looking to modify wheels and suspensions on my 3.2. I saw this car online and thought it was perfect. I know maybe hard but can anyone tell the height and wheel sizes from photos? I thinks it's euro height with 16x8 and 16x7 rears maybe? I want to get my stock car to looks like this. I think it's just adjusting height and wheels only? 

Also do you think this too low for roads and speed bump? Or ok. 

I tried to buy some parts from USA. Wow the Australoan dollar is bad. Might put on hold!

IMG_20240427_073114.jpg

IMG_20240427_073033.jpg

IMG_20240427_073009.jpg

IMG_20240427_072941.jpg

9 hours ago, davidtran said:

Wow I didn't know 9 inch rears will fit on narrow body without modifications! I assumed they were 8 inch wide. 

Have you had any issues with stone chip or rubbing on rear guards? 

Try @Classic Wheels Australia for your rims. Pretty sure he supplied some 9's for a mate on his SC, and they fit perfectly 

12 hours ago, davidtran said:

Wow I didn't know 9 inch rears will fit on narrow body without modifications! I assumed they were 8 inch wide. 

Have you had any issues with stone chip or rubbing on rear guards? 

Get the correct offset and they’re fine, as noted though the 245 section tyre is challenging to get here in Oz. Better off with an 8x16 and stay with a 225. You can get the classic Pirelli Cinturato P7 but last time I looked they were about $800 each.

Fuchs list the wheel and correct offsets here

https://www.fuchsfelge.com/en/wheel-program/detail/porsche-911-exclusive-forged-wheel-383.html?newstyle=.&cHash=f010b00cd09b87bd21e00d74713a0130

On 27/04/2024 at 10:35, Dalai said:

As purchased. Just way too low - I already need to lay planks across my curb to get it in and out.

cd5566068653264169324.jpg.72614a0865f77d94f9e81cc8ab59ab8e.jpg

As it sits now. Didn't need any parts changed.

IMG_20221225_101945576.thumb.jpg.342323a3eae8756dea234a31698cee4c.jpg

Martin it looks unreal sitting that low but it sounds like it wasn’t practical to leave it like that.

It had 80mm clearance at best so wasn't legal. More importantly I would have scraped over every speed hump or bump in the road.

I still have to angle and crawl into mild driveways and home I still need to lay planks across the gutter to get in and out!

17 hours ago, davidtran said:

Thanks for reply everyone. I would really like to find OEM older wheels, instead of buying a new set. Don't need to be perfects and I know new wheels be quite expensive. 

Haven't seen 9 inch wheels for sale in a while. Just keep an eye on marketplace.

I think M491 and Turbo had factory 9 and 7 from memory. 

18 hours ago, davidtran said:

Thanks for reply everyone. I would really like to find OEM older wheels, instead of buying a new set. Don't need to be perfects and I know new wheels be quite expensive. 

New reproduction wheels will likely be cheaper than a tired set of OEM wheels. Unless it's a 10/10 restoration I'd be going reproduction, for the money they are the way to go. 

3.2's don't need any more tyre width, they just need good tyres.  Nothing else makes these more crappy to drive than poor or old tyres. 

To fill out the rear guards just add 20 to 23mm wide spacers to the rear standard 7" rims.  You can use standard 944 spacers with longer wheel studs if you want to keep it "Porsche".

Luftwasser 2024 Red car at track close up.jpg

1 hour ago, Peter M said:

3.2's don't need any more tyre width, they just need good tyres.  Nothing else makes these more crappy to drive than poor or old tyres. 

To fill out the rear guards just add 20 to 23mm wide spacers to the rear standard 7" rims.  You can use standard 944 spacers with longer wheel studs if you want to keep it "Porsche".

Yep, I run 7/7's with rear spacer. T00 lazy to fit 8/9's.

20210225_171819.jpg

On 28/04/2024 at 15:39, davidtran said:

I was the same as you some years ago, but the cost of a set of older oem Fuchs was ridiculous considering that most want or need at least the centres restoring, plus of course at 30+ years old they’ve likely had a few knocks and bangs. Then Fuchs started selling direct to the great unwashed, they are the exact same wheel only without the Porsche part number and a full set could be had for less than most sellers were asking for secondhand ones

No comparison, I bought a new set direct from them, from memory it was about $3k landed for a pair of 7’s and pair of 8’s. They’ve gone up know, think they’re about €600 each give or take, but design 911, pelican, rose passion etc all sell them. 

They are the EXACT same wheel as you can buy from Porsche. 

On 29/04/2024 at 13:35, Peter M said:

Thanks Peter M. I think that's great option! Cheap too. Do you know where to buy these spacers and nuts? Do I use OEM part numbers? Hard to find used I think. The way your car sits I'm happy with. Do you have 6 inch on front and spacer too? 

I always thought spacer was not good and if you have to, betters to use hubcentrics? Maybe because I had more powerful cars in past. 

On 29/04/2024 at 14:55, mrar said:

Yep, I run 7/7's with rear spacer. T00 lazy to fit 8/9's.

20210225_171819.jpg

That looks good too. What size spacer? 

On 29/04/2024 at 17:28, hugh said:

e2e4b9e9-54a1-44bb-95d9-507a162a652d.thumb.jpeg.40ef13e8ffb75d97e3e97b2d20044469.jpeg

7” & 8” x 15. I do run a spacer on the rear with my 8’s. 

My other set is 8 & 9” with a custom backspace/offset. 

That is very nice. I think too aggressive for my setups

On 29/04/2024 at 19:09, Mike-S said:

I was the same as you some years ago, but the cost of a set of older oem Fuchs was ridiculous considering that most want or need at least the centres restoring, plus of course at 30+ years old they’ve likely had a few knocks and bangs. Then Fuchs started selling direct to the great unwashed, they are the exact same wheel only without the Porsche part number and a full set could be had for less than most sellers were asking for secondhand ones

No comparison, I bought a new set direct from them, from memory it was about $3k landed for a pair of 7’s and pair of 8’s. They’ve gone up know, think they’re about €600 each give or take, but design 911, pelican, rose passion etc all sell them. 

They are the EXACT same wheel as you can buy from Porsche. 

Thanks. Date stamp don't worry me, so this option good, but I think spacer suit me good. I think Peter M is 100% right. These car definitely don't need more tyre. They don't make enough powers to need the grip

2 hours ago, G5032 said:

slightly lowered with 6's & 7's and some spacers out back (cannot remember the spacer size)...could have run Safari's on its ride height the day i got it..

IMG_2908.jpg

That is nice height. Looks close to euros height?