What did someone else do to your Porsche today?

T-Man

I thought I'd throw a spin on the incredibly successful "What did you do to your Porsche today?" thread.

So what has inspired me to start this thread?

Here goes.................

Hadn't driven the Porka for over a couple of weeks as I had a few things to sort. Finally this morning, while waiting for the women in my family to prepare themselves for our Mother's day outing, I managed to finish off the last of the maintenance and looked forward to going out for a squirt in the afternoon.

It was like being reunited with an old friend. Two weeks only, can't imagine going through any real long term issues!!!

Great drive, a little drizzle and I back the car into the garage, smack bang in the centre to wipe down the rain. The wife wasn't home when I got back and I thought I should move the car back into its corner to make room for her return.

Drive the car forward onto the driveway, put it in reverse and start to back in when I see her out the front beeping.

It was that moment that my eyes were drawn rearwards and upwards to see the garage door closing in upon the rear of my pride and joy!!!!! I was in reverse and everything happened so quickly that I had no time to switch gears and move forward. Door comes down, senses it had hit an obstacle and eventually goes up again. Hastily back the car in, shaking my head and throwing out expletives at a rapid rate.

Now of course she swears she didn't use the remote (but may have bumped it). Thankfully the door hit the spoiler and not the paint, so the marks just rubbed off. It was like a bloody insurance commercial!!!!!!!!!

I thought I'd throw a spin on the incredibly successful "What did you do to your Porsche today?" thread.

So what has inspired me to start this thread?

Here goes.................

Hadn't driven the Porka for over a couple of weeks as I had a few things to sort. Finally this morning, while waiting for the women in my family to prepare themselves for our Mother's day outing, I managed to finish off the last of the maintenance and looked forward to going out for a squirt in the afternoon.

It was like being reunited with an old friend. Two weeks only, can't imagine going through any real long term issues!!!

Great drive, a little drizzle and I back the car into the garage, smack bang in the centre to wipe down the rain. The wife wasn't home when I got back and I thought I should move the car back into its corner to make room for her return.

Drive the car forward onto the driveway, put it in reverse and start to back in when I see her out the front beeping.

It was that moment that my eyes were drawn rearwards and upwards to see the garage door closing in upon the rear of my pride and joy!!!!! I was in reverse and everything happened so quickly that I had no time to switch gears and move forward. Door comes down, senses it had hit an obstacle and eventually goes up again. Hastily back the car in, shaking my head and throwing out expletives at a rapid rate.

Now of course she swears she didn't use the remote (but may have bumped it). Thankfully the door hit the spoiler and not the paint, so the marks just rubbed off. It was like a bloody insurance commercial!!!!!!!!!

phew, that could have been bloody expensive, lawyers cost a lot more than panel beaters

Oh dear Theo! I'm glad there wasn't any real damage!

I can relate with the exception that I never saw this - I got told after the fact that the garage door was accidentally shut on the boot of my SLK!

Fortunately not a mark on it. But made my blood boil!!!

Now I know how "lucky" I am to not have an electric garage door!

The wind can still move the manual swing ones.

I also know from experience ! (but not the baby-preventative measures have been taken).

I know that feeling.

The day of the SMT and wheel bearing saga, I limped the car to my sisters place. After some reorganising of cars, parked the "wounded" in the garage.  Being a single car garage and packed with all kinds of "it will come in handy one day", I wasn't game to drive all the way in, so stopped, got out to check for space and the garage door started to close.  Not having anything to do with these new fandangle technamalogical  thingamajigs  "DONT PANIC" didn't apply.  Tried to push the car, handbrake on, so made a grab for the door and noticed the buttons, went to push, right...which one?,  but the door started going up. Phew !!!!

Who pressed the close button?  Nobody knows .......

phew, that could have been bloody expensive, lawyers cost a lot more than panel beaters

Yep, and I may have lost the 993 in the process!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My old man walked past my car and gave it and me a look of "I hope you know what the firetruck you're doing as it looks like a lot of work you nut case"

That's what most people do to my car(s) when they walk past them in the shed.

So lucky. I had to read most of it a few times to make sure i know what im reading before i went to the end. 

on a very similar note. Check your insurance policy... Because some don't cover family accidents such as if your wife hits your car.. ect  

Garage door remotes are mostly pretty low tech so can be effected by cordless phones, baby monitors, microwaves ovens, wifi networks, etc. Never  good idea to leave a vehicle under one as it could be triggered by many things other than the remote

I was washing, drying and cleaning my car, detailing the window surrounds and rear view mirror brackets, vinyl clean etc, etc.  whilst parked on the driveway out the front of my home.

Then I took the car for a drive around the block to get the water off the brake disks before putting it back into the garage. 

In the 5 minutes that I was away, a large branch, say 4cm diameter and 3 metres long fell out of the tree and landed heavily exactly where the car was previously parked for the last 2 hours.

Whew!  Dodged a bullet there!    :o

Well for the RWC I need a new windscreen from non-euro indicating drivers hitting the wipers instead of the indicators!! Yesterday I saw this happen around 4 times when someone else was driving the car and on Sat when someone else test drove it!

I think some bug debris from Fri combined with a very dry windscreen caused this.

Not happy Jan... another bunch of dish I need to find!

Well for the RWC I need a new windscreen from non-euro indicating drivers hitting the wipers instead of the indicators!! Yesterday I saw this happen around 4 times when someone else was driving the car and on Sat when someone else test drove it!

I think some bug debris from Fri combined with a very dry windscreen caused this.

Not happy Jan... another bunch of dish I need to find!

No matter what we teach our kids, some things are NOT meant to be shared.   Rusty's yours!!  You are allowed to be a bit selfish now and then.

Now car is at PCB it is too late to polish windscreen as they won't let it go now with RWC unless unroadworthy screen is replaced. Be the same any where, as once some thing is deemed unroadworthy then it must be rectified

No matter what we teach our kids, some things are NOT meant to be shared. Rusty's yours!! You are allowed to be a bit selfish now and then.

Well after this, nobody else drives her! With the exception of fellow Porsche purists!

Bruce - yeh it's all too hard now. I think a windscreen is a bit like tyres, a consumable. I'll just let it go but know better for 'next time'

Archived