1991 C2 Tip, Metallic  Slate Grey with the following mods,

H&R green springs

Bilstein shocks

Momo corsa wheel

Primary bypass pipe

17" cup 1's

Aero mirrors

Sunroof delete.

The car came with all these goodies, I just added rear wiper delete and clear corners.

file:///Users/Chris/Desktop/IMG_2440.jpg

Having seen it in the flesh today (thanks again for dropping past Chris) I can confirm this is a really nice looking 964. Metallic Slate Grey is one of my favourites for this series.

G'evnin Crew, Bit back to front I know, have al ready posted with out an intro, Any way my 1st porsche was a 912 / 74 R S replica, it was good fun, easy to put back to standard, traded it for a 86 V 12 Jag Wow did that thing boogi, then 1/2 dozen Chev's couple of 1750 Alfa's

couple of Drag bikes (Nitro) that took 20 years, any how I now have a 91 964 C2 that Me and the Good wife have enjoyed for the last 10 years Had it serviced by Weissach sport in  Coburg but now DYI to bloody expensive, but good service from Criss.

Thats about it Cheers.

Welcome Chris, I think the slate grey is a great colour as well.   Car sounds nice.  

Unfortunately it is a bit hard to put photos on without a Photobucket or similar account.

Welcome also Tomo.   Great to have you both aboard and Melburnians as well

hopefully you may both be able to join us on a Vic SMT in the future.

well raise my rent, i never knew that!!

Well me too, better put my rent up as well.

post-42-0-73796600-1415749365_thumb.jpg

Only thing is it will only do this size by my efforts.  

So reduce original image as it won't allow you to load up large images.  

Then attach it, but this is the only size you will see.

Unless someone can prove that wrong...

Having said that though...let me say this.....

if you click on the image Bingo it enlarges up..   

Well done Theo Z good info

Thanks for the 'grey' compliments guys ! 

I have tried uploading small jpegs also using Theo's method with no luck... There is a problem with my Adobe Flash player which is causing the problem... It's funny on the 901 register forum which is an ancient platform compared to here it is real easy to attach...

I'll work it out soon as you guys need to see my ride !

• 1 month later...

Hopefully this is okay, I'm new to this forum!

I am a long time lover, absolutely in love with basically all Porsche models, and i am now looking into buying my first i am looking into buying a 964, i have a few limitations with my budget but am hoping i can get around it.

If i could get some info on where to find one? what to look for? condition? issues to look out for? and maybe running costs? Would be a great help hopefully i can find myself a beauty and be part of the crew

thats the dream :) thank you

Hello everyone,

After being a lurker long enough to learn (the basics...) and buy my first Porsche thought it was time to say hello and join up properly.

Will work out how to post some proper photos but that is my car in my profile albeit dirty and from iPhone. Car is 1985 3.2 911 slate blue metallic with the last of the old gearboxes. Obviously I am biased but perfect spec for me in the colour with black leather, 16" Fuchs (7/8 wide), LSD and special order sports suspension (SOW050 some more detective work is required here)

I bought it from the original owner so am the second owner. Previous owner flew to Stuttgart to spec it then waited months for it to be delivered here via dealer. Car has now done 105k's and will tick on for a few thousand a year. Condition of car is unbelievable apart from the tiniest of cosmetic dramas inside. Mechanically A1.

Thanks to everyone for your knowledge and insite into the Porsche world.

Cheers,

Jack

Big Welcome Jack, sounds like you have picked yourself a nice first P car.   Second owner, since 1985, that is sensational.  

The avatar photo looks great, but we certainly look forward to seeing some more shots of it.

I'm sure the Queensland Alliance will tuck you under their wing.

Enjoy the car.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks, like Paul Keating I did my early training in engineering. Unlike Paul keating I`m no politician. However, I AM recalcitrant.... innasmuch as its taken a year to introduce myself.. My apologies.

I`m an ex Defence engineer with experience travelling the country and planet in search of technical equipment. Although I live in Oz, my fav country is france.

I`ve lived there ..on and off, and owned Porsches there too. Not to mention paid taxes and insurance premiums there..ouch !

On my recent return to Oz, and being aware that P-cars are twice the price here, I bought a very well maintained, low km early 996. Mostly for its condition and the appealing terracotta interior.

I like porsches because they`re cars for engineers.  I had an Aston and other exotics while secretary of a Motor Club here..  But am now back to porsche and rare british and italian motorcycles of the sixties.

Even though the 996 is way older than I drove in france, it has a certian panache and livability...its a daily driver and It seems to relish that task. Its funny, but I have less and less regard for the modern shapes...as designed by CAD on a computer. In my opinion, when it comes to designing a body shape nothing beats the artistic sweep of the penci...for which the italians are famous. We all see cars becomming increasingly like in style.  Oh for the days of individuality.  remember those early porsche examples. Wonderful.

Of course, everyone has a view, and respect is the key.

Just like on forums.... respect is the key.

I`m on PFA to contribute and learn, exchange and banter.  I enjoy writing about both aesthetics and technicalities.

It would be great to meet up with some of you if you have get togethers.

Rupert[                                  attachment=1492:nov 14 046.jpg]

post-1674-0-08052300-1422483104_thumb.jp

Hi Rupert and welcome ....

Members often get together to go for a run together so keep an eye out in the SMT section .... there was a large contingent of about 20 members that went down to your neck of the woods only a couple of months ago ....

My 911 was bought from the Blue Mountains 8 months ago, so you might recognise the car if you ran in those circles ...

Nice looking car, btw ....