New to the forum? Start here...

Thanks for the welcome folks. I`m new here and still finding my way around. However on variuos posts i`ve come accross mentions of 'Miss Daisy'.   Now i know this is`nt a dating site ...but i`d like an intro to her please :)

I have the feeling she`d save me an awful lot of money at the expense of the State coffers.

And, YES Dreamr.thankyou for the info about SMT`s ...I think i saw the group descending the mountains a couple of months ago at Blackheath.. I was a bit surprised to notice that the old red ones had made it up the hill. I guess you`re using Redex eh ?  :)

You'd be surprised at what the "old red ones" (and green, and blue, and black, etc) are capable of .... :)

Unfortunately I wasn't on that run but I heard a good time was had by all .....

I think mine was from Blaxland if you know anyone there that used to own one ....

Thanks Niko, love the buttshot of your yellow submarine.  ...and that you`re apparently an 'honorary member'..

Talking about membership, I`ve just recalled that i was a member of PFA back in the good `ol days when i was a 'good bloke'.

.It was about 1978. Back then there were no widespread computers, porsche had`nt discovered water, and it was called the Presbyterian Fellowship Association.. PFA..:)

Thanks for the welcome

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

My names Michael, im 25 from Canberra and currently working at Telstra (Until they offshore me).

I've always loved Porsche's just never got around to getting one. I've had some quick cars (Evo IX, WRX) some even quicker bikes (GSXR 1000).

And over the weekend I decided that my mums 924 Martini needs to get running again. (I've been told these are quite rare, Anyone know of any others around?) 

I believe mum was a member of the Porsche club canberra back in the early 90's

Mum bought it back in about 1980 long before i was born and has had it as the second owner ever since, it has about 110,000 klms and has sat in the garage since 2004 not getting used, other then when i pushed it into the drive way for a year or so, so that i could store my motorbikes :( bad idea.

So I'm after some tips on what i should look for when getting it going again? I'm about to change every liquid (oil, coolant etc) in it and then give it a good wash and polish.

I was also told the water pump seals may be shagged, any other things to look for?

Cheers

Michael.

Hi Mikey, 

Glad to see you joined the forum and are looking to get a 924 back on the road. I'm sure some of the other guys on here should have a good idea what to do. Would recommend you place this type of question under the front engined technical section though as I know a number of the front engined guys watch that section closely.

Would love to see some transformation pics along the way

Welcome Mike. There's obviously porsche club Canberra. There's also an aircooled crew who I'm sure would be happy to have you along for local Sunday morning gatherings.

Did you say its a 924 or a 928 in the other thread?

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

my name is Marty,

born in Germany and living in Geelong (..yeah i know!) since 2002.

Blacksmith by trade but working as a tattooist for the last 15 years.

Had lots of cars but nothing really exciting,I tried multiple times to get a nice car but something always got in the way.

Last year i decided its time to give it a last shot..sold a huge part of my modelcar collection so i had enough coin to be ready to pounce.

Since 356's and early 911's are out of my budget ( or my modelcar collection wasn't big enough) I stumbled across the 914.

Being a child of the 70's i was familiar with the car but never really considered getting one...did lots of research and really fell in love with it.

Was so close to getting my hands on a very nice example here in Aus,ticked all the boxes but after about 6 month of talking to the owner he decided he couldn't let go. Very dissappointed,I considered getting one shipped over from the US and after a while I found a suitable car but due to a missunderstanding the seller sold the car to somebody else who put a deposit down straight away.Totally gutted i almost gave up but the sale fell through and a couple of weeks later i bought it!

Long story short...picked the wrong importer who made the 4 month wait a living hell for me but the car finally arrived and I'm totally blown away!!

The car had 65 911 in it in the US which the guy sold separately so i got a roller with all the conversion parts needed already in it.

Got myself a 3.0l engine out of a 78' SC in Adelaide and with the help of 2 friends we'll put everything together in the next few month.

Can't wait!!!

Not an awful lot of teeners on the forum but hopefully a few more will join in the future.

:-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all. Another new member.

My father was a mad Porsche driver. He started with a 356, by the time I came, he was driving 911's. So I never had a chance ! Fond memories of scary mountain passes, peering out that small window thinking how close that drop off was. Oh and the heat !! My own first  911T rust bucket that I was to young to afford , did not last long. Now here I am many years later, living where I can get the best use of my all time drivers car. I have been looking for some time and finally took the plunge on a red 84 3.2 ( not my favourite colour, price was right) HK import rhd 57k, good condition.

I plane on slowly improving it, a back road scratcher. I'll post some pics when I work it out. Look forward to all your help as I intend to work on it my self as much as possible.

Also would like to hear from any owners in the northern rivers.

Best Kendall

marty welcome and a kool kat car choice - going to be a ornery with that 6 in it. more pics  and be interested as others would to know your buying story  - ebay? any plans to further mod the body?

Hey Michael,

found the car on 914world. Joined the forum there in 2013 and checked the prices there regularaly to get an idea what you can get for your $$.

I actually wanted to get a driver and not a project but this one was just to good to let go.

The only thing that made me hesitate was the colour ( hey Kendall! ) and that nearly cost me the car!

Believe it or not,I really like the colour now. It looks very different on the pictures but it's a deep and saturated red (Bahia Red) and looks beautiful on the car!

I'm grateful to have a couple of friends helping me with the project because I couldn't do it on my own!

Still a bit to go...the new conversion clutch from Kennedy Engineering will be shipped this week ad I have a big order from 914rubber on the way...can't wait!

P1060526mail.jpg

P1060516interior.jpg

egine when i got it and after my friends magic treatment!

IMG_0683mail.jpg

IMG_4324.jpg

P1060652-covers.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi all. Just refound this forum after signing up years ago and promptly forgetting it!

I've owned a beautiful 1980 SC since 2009. She's been a faultless near daily driver being cared for by Carlos Cavaco  in Sydney but now I'm Bundaberg Qld bound and fretting about finding another mechanic, so much so I considered selling her but even though I've had offers i've done a bit of reverse tire kicking and won't sell haha. Hoping someone here knows someone in bundy that knows their way around old porsches ?

Hi everyone

Bought a 911sc a few months ago, it is a 1983 cab. It is my daily driver and it has been fun to drive, looking forward in meeting other guys who have air cooled 911s.

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_6626.JPG

IMG_6627.JPG

IMG_6628.JPG

Edited by Chevl

Hey all,

long time one stalker first time poster. Some fellas from a non denominational forum I am a part of pointed me in this direction. Had been on the hunt for a 911 for a while. Plan was to drive regularly, track it and modify it so decided a hot rod was the best way forward.  My search lead me to this T and D built car. 1974 body built up as a 964RS replica.  964 3.6 engine built to RS specs, 915 gearbox with 930 LSD diff, GT3 brakes, comprehensive suspension mods, race seats and a cage. Seemed like a good starting point. And so the journey begins :) Plans are for spirited drives, track days and possibly get back to targa down the track. 

Is is a great forum with a wealth of information  

Porka_1.jpg

Edited by Teutonic

Hi everyone

Bought a 911sc a few months ago, it is a 1983 cab. It is my daily driver and it has been fun to drive, looking forward in meeting other guys who have air cooled 911s.

Hi Chevl, and also welcome to our forum, another Mexican, great to see.

Don't be shy with posting up some pictures we all like to see what we have on board the Forum

We must be getting close to doing a Melbourne run or a coffee catch up so hopefully we will meet you at one of those.