993 Turbo prices pushing the envelope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lct even applies to cars 42 years old. I know that. I paid it recently.

You are right on the import. I can't do it, but my NZ buddy could drive it for a year and then he imports it) compliance should be easy

by the way - when you paid your lct did you pay it at the dealership (i.e. part of the total cost), or did they sting you at registration?

hold your horses everyone!!! Trading cars in this market is like real estate...supply and demand... I would love a low km 993 of any description But I wouldnt want to be the guy that bought an HK 327 bathurst Monaro two or three years ago for near 200k only to know I would be lucky to get 6 figures for it today!!! Im just saying!!! So no, I dont think the market has moved that much in six months, there is just no stock available...at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

Probably what they sold the last two for - around $200k

This latest one has 122k on the clock, whereas I think the $195/$200k 993tt had around half that mileage.

So turboT is probably on the mark taking into account 2 weeks of classic Porsche car price inflation.

Punch 993, coupe & manual into car sales.

Classic example of supply/demand.

The 993Turbo is an amazing and iconic car, possibly (I'm in trouble now) more so than the 930.

Both the UK and US markets are pushing these values higher, however I am still amazed and bewildered as to the huge value increase that we have seen across the board.

When 993 GT2s are selling for nearly a Mil and low km Carrera S for 200k, I think we can safely assume that the Turbo has a way to go yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Though I would chime in on this one ...Anyone know a great detailer..at that price I will give mine a polish ..seriously , I just returned from the UK last week and had a look at a few cars, there are many many average ones and lots of funky histories..I saw three cars, just tyre kicking but really nothing that honest .

Theres a lot of good marketting going down and a lot of professional photoshoots and mega lighting studio adds.

They still put that horrible salt on the road too, dont forget 

I have to go back and forth at the moment for sick parents and have been filling my non productive time looking at some cars, the 10/10 cars are pumped up by the dealers and the recent climbs but the sales are not so many from what i cant see, there are a few loons out ther with big wallets though, if you can attract one.

I would have to say, the aussie cars are pretty much other than the pampered non driven ones always ahead just generally from the conditions here.

Though I would chime in on this one ...Anyone know a great detailer..at that price I will give mine a polish ..seriously , I just returned from the UK last week and had a look at a few cars, there are many many average ones and lots of funky histories..I saw three cars, just tyre kicking but really nothing that honest .

Theres a lot of good marketting going down and a lot of professional photoshoots and mega lighting studio adds.

They still put that horrible salt on the road too, dont forget 

I have to go back and forth at the moment for sick parents and have been filling my non productive time looking at some cars, the 10/10 cars are pumped up by the dealers and the recent climbs but the sales are not so many from what i cant see, there are a few loons out ther with big wallets though, if you can attract one.

I would have to say, the aussie cars are pretty much other than the pampered non driven ones always ahead just generally from the conditions here.

Prices in the UK seem comparable to Aus at the moment and after tax and import and rust...way over

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C551715

no shortage of 993 turbo's in Aus - the Throttle Shop have sold 3 in the last three weeks, have one left and now Autohaus have one. Pretty common compared to an aussi delivered 930 :)

You do need $200,000 to play the market though.. 

The market's overcooked though.  A 120k 993TT long term isn't a 185k car.  Same as a 50k one isn't a 200+k car, its a bubble, prices will correct at some point.

The silver one you've referenced above is a $150k car at best, the owner's after more money, best of luck to him.

I don't think the two the throttle shop sold were worth $200k but that's what the market will pay at this point.  It doesn't mean it'll stay that way, PCA sold a bunch of them (over 140) its not like they are rare cars locally like the 993 TTS and RS'

• 2 weeks later...

Why is the silver TT still for sale at cts...if the market is doing what everyone thinks, this should have been gone shouldn't it?

As I have said previously, would you want to be the guy who payed 200k for an HK bathurst Monaro in 2010 or the guy who will buy it today for 80k?

I must agree with 1q2w3e4r's comments...

Buy with your head not your heart, the 'heart' part is done if you are already looking at buying a Porsche!

Why is the silver TT still for sale at cts...if the market is doing what everyone thinks, this should have been gone shouldn't it?

As I have said previously, would you want to be the guy who payed 200k for an HK bathurst Monaro in 2010 or the guy who will buy it today for 80k?

I must agree with 1q2w3e4r's comments...

Buy with your head not your heart, the 'heart' part is done if you are already looking at buying a Porsche!

The silver TT at CTS is now under offer.