993 Turbo prices pushing the envelope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meanwhile my mate who bought his Iris blue 993TT a year and a half ago with 8x,xxx on the clock for under 100k from PCB is laughing all the way to the bank

Has never missed a beat and goes like a Jet!

/jealous

does he happen to work on the inner northside of Brisbane?

Out of curiosity , how much has he spent on maintenance , and how many km covered so far?

Only initial service anyone would do with a new car, all fluids etc.  $3k as they found the brakes on one side were siezing in the piston.

Needs a damper service now, but apart from that - been driven for a while as a daily and no issues.  I'm guessing 5,000kms

Russ - works in the CBD

• 4 weeks later...

The silver WA Turbo with 52,000 kms has gone. Asking price was $154,000.

The Queensland blue car remains.

The ex Ray Lintott Turbo has popped up in NSW for $129,000. Car has a lot of history. Appeals to me but I like competition cars. Wont appeal to a buyer who likes standard cars.

Not much else around. RSR sold their green Winkler car quickly, and a low kilometre Tasmanian black Turbo didnt even hit the market before selling.

Markets still strong.

So do you think the Ex Ray Lintott car is a reasonable buy Simon? Seems okay to me, I'm of the similar mindset... well used well loved car isn't a bad thing. I often read GT3 ad's that start with "never tracked" and think to myself: why the hell not you stupid stupid person :lol: 

As much as I admire it, I just don't think I could ever be one of those concourse dudes! 

The silver WA Turbo with 52,000 kms has gone. Asking price was $154,000.

The Queensland blue car remains.

The ex Ray Lintott Turbo has popped up in NSW for $129,000. Car has a lot of history. Appeals to me but I like competition cars. Wont appeal to a buyer who likes standard cars.

Not much else around. RSR sold their green Winkler car quickly, and a low kilometre Tasmanian black Turbo didnt even hit the market before selling.

Markets still strong.

when i looked at it earlier in the year i kept your advice in mind- i did not feel it was worth the 121k then, things like the paintjob did not extend past external panels so the original matte black was still in place all the luggage area etc.

it seemed to be asking clean street car money when it was worth club car value, if that makes sense (and i like club cars..)

As much as I admire it, I just don't think I could ever be one of those concourse dudes! 

For every hour you spend cleaning - you could be driving. Makes sense - if you own a Morris.

I wonder , do concours guys get roped into the house cleaning duties as well? Germ free bathrooms and all that  :rolleyes:

So do you think the Ex Ray Lintott car is a reasonable buy Simon? Seems okay to me, I'm of the similar mindset... well used well loved car isn't a bad thing. I often read GT3 ad's that start with "never tracked" and think to myself: why the hell not you stupid stupid person :lol: 

With regard to the Lintott car, it was built by my mechanic when he worked for Fitzgerald. There were two 993 Turbos delivered by air from Porsche Germany, one for Ray Lintott and one for a certain James Richards. The brief was to strip the panels, cage them, harness them, fit the lightweight panels, tweak the motors, and get them to Targa asap. Like in a fortnight as I recall. It was a really tight schedule. The cars went on to win in Jims hands, not sure where Ray ended up.

Rays car went on to consume an enormous amount of money as he raced it, rallied it, and thoroughly enjoyed it. As I recall he sold it and then bought it back. He was propped up in it to do some laps at Oran Park just before he passed away, as a parting gesture.

Its a pretty significant car, especially to a Sydney-sider. It would have had all sorts of modifications done to it. I would be trying to find out whats now in the car, as some of the parts should be very expensive. I don't know the specifications it has today, but at one point not that long ago you could have tweaked it easily and found another 100 odd horsepower. It will never be a concours car without ridiculous effort, but it could be a very good hotrod, and thoroughly enjoyable. I still think its worth a look and some digging to establish if its worth owning in todays form.

Hope that helps.

There are few on Carsales at present and reasonable $135-145K or am I missing something?

Not sure I follow your drift here?

Are you saying there are few for sale, or there are a few for sale?

What do you mean about the price?

The same three that I referred to earlier are still for sale.

$129,000 ex Lintott.

$145,000 Queensland.

$205,000 NSW.

Nothings changed since RSR Garage sold their green car, and the silver WA car which sold last week.

Be interested to hear what you meant with your post?

Let's say all 993 turbos are worth at least $120,000

To help the speculators , experts please list under the following headings :

1.What makes the market value go up or down from this figure?

2. What makes the collectability value go up or down? (matching numbers,  reversible mods , certain colours blah blah)

Now compare to all that's said about air cooled 911s in general

I hope so because Ive got one, but I have my doubts. The US market is red hot for low km cars, but I don't think the Australia market price is as mileage dependent. Any 993 Turbo is $130,000 plus these days, but the highest sale price Ive seen is $175,000 for a 20,000 km car. Still, the way the market is these days, the old wisdom clearly went out the window.