993 Turbo prices pushing the envelope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing wrong with Tiptronic then, is there Chris?

I reckon it all comes down to condition versus price in the end, and a good car always wins out.

I just wonder sometimes where all these cars go? Into the ether and back on the market sometime in the future, but perhaps the cycle is lengthening as the 993's get older and people don't use them daily so often any more? They certainly don't go racing like the early cars used to, so the preservation rate should be pretty good.

Great fun watching it all unfold. Guess it means the going rate for an average mileage good nick 993 Turbo is about $130,000 now based on these recent sales?

Nothing wrong with Tiptronic then, is there Chris?

I reckon it all comes down to condition versus price in the end, and a good car always wins out.

I just wonder sometimes where all these cars go? Into the ether and back on the market sometime in the future, but perhaps the cycle is lengthening as the 993's get older and people don't use them daily so often any more? They certainly don't go racing like the early cars used to, so the preservation rate should be pretty good.

Great fun watching it all unfold. Guess it means the going rate for an average mileage good nick 993 Turbo is about $130,000 now based on these recent sales?

No way would I sell mine for even close to that. I bet you wouldn't. They are still massively underrated.

Chris

I'm not sure about whether I would sell, nor the price although it has crossed my mind. The GT2 is taking all the attention at the moment, so we will see. As I've said before I'm not a collector per se, just someone who loves driving and we have got lots of other projects to keep us busy other than 911's.

And also it means that the ex Ray Lintott car has disappeared from Autohaus Hamilton at an asking price of $124,990. Hope that's found a good home as it's a bit special.

car was a bit rough. i don't think it should have sold for over $100k unless the heritage means that much to the buyer. as you say, $130k gets you a much nicer 993T, going by the market.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting that the two Turbos on the market at $150k and $159k haven't moved on yet. Could the tipping point have been hit? Or could it be that they are in remote locations? Cant vouch for the Qld car but have seen the Perth car and its well worth a look.

The price is on the higher end which i presume would be a factor, but having followed the NA 993 market a bit, ive noticed there were patches of numerous 993's not moving and then all of a sudden a flurry of sales.. they were all being snapped up. Maybe a timing thing?  

About 6 - 12 months ago on carsales you could count 5 993 Turbos at once. Some cars sat for a while. Then all of a sudden they all appeared sold. The UK market is very strong at the moment for 993s.

Interesting that the two Turbos on the market at $150k and $159k haven't moved on yet. Could the tipping point have been hit? Or could it be that they are in remote locations? Cant vouch for the Qld car but have seen the Perth car and its well worth a look.

Unsure, I think anything with sub 70k on the clock in the right colours (black/black or silver/black) is worth $150k.

A mate just sold his black/black TT within a week or two for $150 without it hitting the open market.

Think youre right. The CTS white Turbo is on for $139,900 with a few incorrect parts on it. $5,000 or so to fix those.

Pretty solid values overall for a while now.

$139,990 (including CTS tax).

Priced to sell?

P.S. I'm still looking for the few incorrect parts...

Non original or period correct stereos suck.

Lenses were an option if I'm not mistaken, but how do you tell that they are not technology wheels from the face?

That blue Queensland Turbo that has just sold was asking $150,000, and spent two months on the market. 76,000 kms which means its right on the cusp of the usual niggles like the steering rack, shocks, brakes, and airconditioning condenser, or its already had them done. A friend looked at it but couldn't get the questions answered to his satisfaction, so there is no definitive answer. I suspect the former, in which case theres another $10,000 to be spent in shortish order. Prices are holding up.

The white CTS is back on the market at $139k, and a Queensland 1996 Polar Silver Turbo with Can Can red interior and 85,000 kms has popped up for $145,000. Modified at great cost no doubt with all the right bits from UMW in the states, and owned since 2001. Looks good if you can stomach the Can Can. Be interesting to see if the mods help or hinder the sale. I would be happy to have those bits in my Turbo, but.......

Nice car , I like the interior. Wonder why he's selling it? Got sick of not driving it?

I've always wondered what type of buyer purchases these very low mileage cars...as a generalization, collectors or show/display car owners seems to be the only logical answer.