993 Turbo prices pushing the envelope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be right. Time moves on!

I liked it then, but couldn't come to grips with the exterior colour, if you can call it a colour, so that was that.

A Doctor bought it and it vanished again, as they do

I like it more now than then, I think, but then again, I am on the other side of the country....

Apologies in advance to all those Forest Green 911 owners Ive just upset.

I wonder what % of men here are part of the nearly 10% of men who are colour blind to some degree? 

Who would not be allowed a driver's licence in Romania.

Fess up  ;)

I wonder what % of men here are part of the nearly 10% of men who are colour blind to some degree? 

Fess up  ;)

I'm not, but if I ever had a son he might be. My wife is possibly a carrier. Her maternal grandmother, uncle, and brother are all colour blind to differing degrees.

Does anyone recall an Aussie silver 993 twin with a green interior?

Ps. Simon - did you used to rally terry l's old car?

I remember a silver on green 993tt on carsales about 4-5 years ago.

Was on the market for ages, and price dropped over time.

Possibly based in Sydnet?

Does anyone recall an Aussie silver 993 twin with a green interior?

Ps. Simon - did you used to rally terry l's old car?

I did! Its now in Tassie, going gangbusters. My blue 74RS replaced it in the garage, and in rallying. I think the white car with its MFI went a bit harder, but its early days with the blue car, and theres a bit left in it to come.

You? Still rallying with Simon W?

I did! Its now in Tassie, going gangbusters. My blue 74RS replaced it in the garage, and in rallying. I think the white car with its MFI went a bit harder, but its early days with the blue car, and theres a bit left in it to come.

You? Still rallying with Simon W?

Ha, I thought that was you.  Simon and I both started having families a few years back and haven't rallied for a while.  We probably did abour 15 or 16 events all up with some great results.  I still have the rally car (2.8 911ST) tucked away though...

I've been Group S racing in the meantime in a wee 2 litre 911.

Who would not be allowed a driver's licence in Romania.

Fess up  ;)

I have a friend who is completely red/green colour-blind.  He used to do surveying and had to use blue second pegs because he couldn't see the red ones in the greenery.  He only worked the traffic lights by position and not colour.  In retrospect it was a monumentally stupid decision to construct traffic lights based on red/green given what a % of the population it effects.  Would have been easy to do blue/red in the beginning.

That silver car was another car that Doug and I discussed too. Got down to about 115K before it moved on...

I remember that 993 Turbo as I was in the market to purchase one at the time. The price started around $140k and  eventually it dropped below $120k. It had circa 100,000KM I think. The exterior looked great but I just couldn't get over the interior colour.

It looked something like this but with a matching steering wheel

10183263.jpg

Thoughts on the WA car?  It looks nice, don't know if I could stomach the blue interior but would be a good buy at late $130s.

The black/black low k car in VIC seems about $35k too expensive to me.

I'd like to get into a 993TT.  Figure they have limited/zero downside if you buy right as you shouldn't tear up a heap of dollars in the bottom falling out of the market.

The WA car is good. You wont buy it for much less than the asking price, which is fair enough given the state of the market.

As for downside, well, who knows? Its pretty easy to fall for a new "investment", then find you've spent more than you should have either buying it, or "improving" it. I doubt a Turbo will do much other than hold its value but really, these are cars not investments. If you don't think you'll drive it, why would you buy it, and if you drive it, it will cost money. It would be such a shame to have one of these cars only to preserve it for the next owner when you could be out enjoying life with it, picking up new experiences along the way. The best fun with a Turbo is when you get that feeling of being really, really rich when you drive it. When you feel like you have one up on the world, its very enjoyable, and a Turbo can do that, every time.

I'd drive it, just not as a daily driver as I have a Cayenne for that.

I don't drive my 996TT much, I do about 2.5-3k a year in it, same with the 356.  A 993 would be much the same and I certainly wouldn't be keeping precious and under cover it for the next owner.  

• 3 weeks later...

The blue Queensland 89,000 km Turbo is back on carsales, after the vendor found out the buyer couldnt raise finance. $145,000.

RSR Garage has the Winkler green and tan car at $149,900, and the WA silver 54,000 km car is still there at $154,000.

CTS sold their silver 100,000km car quickly, having asked $139,900.

Think thats all thats around, other the the perennial $205,000 black NSW car which almost doesnt count any more.