993 Turbo prices pushing the envelope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simon

You'll need to update your avatar pic then and show us what you got.....

I had a crack at updating the avatar only to find that photobucket will no longer let me access my account. Useless idiots wont respond to emails to get it fixed either so no photos from me.

Ive sold both the RSCS and the Turbo off market. I think the market is overblown, and the offers were more than reasonable. Im not buying another 911 right now, although I did have a good crack at a 997 GT2 without success. Ill wait and see how it all unfolds. In the meantime im going to use the 74 RS in the Porsche Club series here, and the Perana is being set for tarmac rallies.

As to what Ive bought? A fellow PFA'er sprung me on the other board. Its not a Porsche. If anyones really that interested in my car machinations, the site is found if you google AGOA. Theres not a lot of activity on it, just look under general discussion. I can promise you its pretty out there. When I test drove it, I realised I haven't laughed like that since my first 911, Kerrys 964RS. Anything that makes you laugh like this new thing is well worth having .

Lol. That forum could have the most ridiculous URL I've seen in a while...:P

I had a crack at updating the avatar only to find that photobucket will no longer let me access my account. Useless idiots wont respond to emails to get it fixed either so no photos from me.

Ive sold both the RSCS and the Turbo off market. I think the market is overblown, and the offers were more than reasonable. Im not buying another 911 right now, although I did have a good crack at a 997 GT2 without success. Ill wait and see how it all unfolds. In the meantime im going to use the 74 RS in the Porsche Club series here, and the Perana is being set for tarmac rallies.

As to what Ive bought? A fellow PFA'er sprung me on the other board. Its not a Porsche. If anyones really that interested in my car machinations, the site is found if you google AGOA. Theres not a lot of activity on it, just look under general discussion. I can promise you its pretty out there. When I test drove it, I realised I haven't laughed like that since my first 911, Kerrys 964RS. Anything that makes you laugh like this new thing is well worth having .

• 3 weeks later...

Any inside information on the silver with black car about to hit the market???

Yeah more than I'd pay.  It supposedly a nice car but there were plenty of nice ones around last year with the same k's for $150k.  I don't know that the market has moved that much in such a short period but it might have tbh.  Everyone I've spoke to tells me I could make a tidy profit of 50-60k on the 356A I bought in August last year.

both 993's at the throttle shop have been sold - see reply bellow

Hi 

We took deposits on both our 993 turbos yesterday , sorry

They were priced at $195 and $205

Would you like us to contact you on any other cars we get into stock ?

Regards

Rory Johnston

That's incredible.  Has the market really moved from $150k to $200k in just six months!?!!!

Remember that beautiful silver and blue 993TT in Perth that sold late last year?  It had only ~50,000 km and just sat on carsales for about four months.  From memory I think the owner was asking $155k for that car.

That's incredible.  Has the market really moved from $150k to $200k in just six months!?!!!

Remember that beautiful silver and blue 993TT in Perth that sold late last year?  It had only ~50,000 km and just sat on carsales for about four months.  From memory I think the owner was asking $155k for that car.

still $150K in NZ

http://www.usedporsche.co.nz/car/Porsche/911/999399638

Then add lct, and even then it can't be driven on our roads

pretty sure lct only applies to dealer sold cars that are under two years old. You will be up for GST through. Don't know about whether you can drive them here but I would have thought you could make them compliant. Biggest issue, unless you are a NZ national, you can't import a car made after 1989.

pretty sure lct only applies to dealer sold cars that are under two years old. You will be up for GST through. Don't know about whether you can drive them here but I would have thought you could make them compliant. Biggest issue, unless you are a NZ national, you can't import a car made after 1989.

Lct even applies to cars 42 years old. I know that. I paid it recently.

You are right on the import. I can't do it, but my NZ buddy could drive it for a year and then he imports it) compliance should be easy