993 Turbo prices pushing the envelope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have three sets of wheels and 80k car for $260k if anyone interested , photos on application.

Cheesy write up optional, happy to send you one if you dont want to negotiate

Lets just say the market deems it collectable

I will even chuck in a 25 year collectable VHS of the porsche 911 and a 30 year calendar , whcih hasnt been written on .

I have three sets of wheels and 80k car for $260k if anyone interested , photos on application.

Cheesy write up optional, happy to send you one if you dont want to negotiate

Lets just say the market deems it collectable

I will even chuck in a 25 year collectable VHS of the porsche 911 and a 30 year calendar , whcih hasnt been written on .

You should not make jokes like that in this market...I bet you have already been PM'd with offers :D

Yes plenty offers,  remember this is Byron , ive been offered a box of avocado , 7 massages , a tantric car wash of my 4WD , an old transit van full of the local hemp and a couple of fake driving licences lost by some backpackers and a few euro but they have been in the surf , that euro money aint like our aussie waterproof stuff I can tell you.

So Chris , the offer sounds ok from you , anything you want to sweeten the deal, i think you said you had three daughters…  any camels by any chance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

To re-light this thread I see the 2 x silver 993 TT recently on carsales that were both asking north of $220k are gone (I presume sold) and I recently heard of a black 993TT selling in Melb for north of $250k which had over 100,000 on it.

Seems the low kms car last year asking $205k may have been a good buy...

To clarify...

The black 993 Turbo was sold by Porsche Melbourne and had many issues according to my sources. - Was not a good example

The silver 993 Turbo has either sold or went back to the owner, I enquired about it with the seller before it moved. Very clean car though from what I saw and felt.

It is interesting that there are a few highly priced cars, relative to their peers, that have been on the market for a while and not sold.

I am also aware of cars that have been withdrawn from carsales after a period of non-sale.

I don't think that because a car is no longer on carsales that it can be assumed to have sold.  IMHO.

Most punters don't think like that. They assume it was sold.

Traditionally I agree.

I am only saying this because of the recent withdrawals I am aware of, and because it it not a "normal" market at the moment.

Edited by D-banger

I rekon you have got it all wrong, The 993 Turbos have always been at the high end of the market, In 2000 I could have brought a 76 930 for 40 K, Now they are 300K, Now,thats pushing the envelope ;)   

• 1 month later...

All

Probably the dumbest question and I have been searching through many threads

Other than a PPI, what investigation routes would you take to check on background of a 82 UK 930?  Do Porche Australia know of no of original build info on UK delivered cars?

I wanted to know its original spec and paint colour .. im not sure it might be minerva blue  from my research.

I have been in discussion on a car through a contact of a contact for 8 months which is not advertised , I currently have no view of paperwork but understand its personally imported and registerable in all states but has been stored by an expat for 6 years..

Any views on the best knowledge around in Northern NSW , Gold Coast Brissy for someone who might go look at a car or to do a PPI also - Don Munro?

I will have to truck to the PPI on the owners insistence and as its unregistered.

Thanks in advance 

Steve

The next probable question will come down to price…. the cars seem to have shifted even on imports 20-50k since I started talking . This car look pretty period , no interior rest , paint 16 years ago and pretty un molested other thna an engine rebuild..

ooopS SHOULD PROBABLY POST UNDER 930

Edited by symsy

Hi Steve

PCA should be able to give you a basic verbal spec of the car if you can give them the VIN. I spoke to Harry about my car (1977 German delivery) and he was very helpful confirming most spec, have not got his details to hand but he is a member here, others can chime in.

Don Munro is excellent.

I used CEVA to move my car, they were good, but there was some minor damage on its final leg, however CEVA are paying to put right.

All

Probably the dumbest question and I have been searching through many threads

Other than a PPI, what investigation routes would you take to check on background of a 82 UK 930?  Do Porche Australia know of no of original build info on UK delivered cars?

I wanted to know its original spec and paint colour .. im not sure it might be minerva blue  from my research.

I have been in discussion on a car through a contact of a contact for 8 months which is not advertised , I currently have no view of paperwork but understand its personally imported and registerable in all states but has been stored by an expat for 6 years..

Any views on the best knowledge around in Northern NSW , Gold Coast Brissy for someone who might go look at a car or to do a PPI also - Don Munro?

I will have to truck to the PPI on the owners insistence and as its unregistered.

Thanks in advance 

Steve

The next probable question will come down to price…. the cars seem to have shifted even on imports 20-50k since I started talking . This car look pretty period , no interior rest , paint 16 years ago and pretty un molested other thna an engine rebuild..

ooopS SHOULD PROBABLY POST UNDER 930

how many kms? Believe it or not CTS sold a UK import for $150k a month or so ago, but it had very low mileage. 

100,000 miles , has been rebuilt , or so they say no not a low Kms car in that sense .. although most cars in the UK do 5-10 a year .. I did about 220,000 miles in an 83 3.2 which

I sold in 1990 , sorry im also being a bit vague ..too many watchers and outside eyes on this forum .. I apprecatie your input turboT

100,000 miles , has been rebuilt , or so they say no not a low Kms car in that sense .. although most cars in the UK do 5-10 a year .. I did about 220,000 miles in an 83 3.2 which

I sold in 1990 , sorry im also being a bit vague ..too many watchers and outside eyes on this forum .. I apprecatie your input turboT

you haven't lived until you have owned a 930 ;)  (although your garage does look pretty impressive). PM if you don't buy - I would be very tempted in number 2...

On a UK car original build info (model, engine, transmission, interior and exterior colours, options) will be on the under bonnet sticker.  You should also find the same sticker at the front of the service booklet.  Failing that obtaining a Certificate of Authenticity from Porsche GB is a much easier exercise than getting one from PCA.  You can obtain the CoA via Porsche Club GB at a cost of around GBP60, or join PCGB for around the same cost and get it for free.

If you're interested in the full ownership history, ie list of owners, dates when changed hands etc, this can be obtained from DVLA (vehicle reg dept) using form V888.  It cost GBP5 last time I checked. 

You may or may not need to borrow a UK address to do all of this and I'm not sure if the fact that the vehicle is now exported affects their willingness to supply info but worth looking into if you want all the history.

On a UK car original build info (model, engine, transmission, interior and exterior colours, options) will be on the under bonnet sticker.  You should also find the same sticker at the front of the service booklet.  Failing that obtaining a Certificate of Authenticity from Porsche GB is a much easier exercise than getting one from PCA.  You can obtain the CoA via Porsche Club GB at a cost of around GBP60, or join PCGB for around the same cost and get it for free.

If you're interested in the full ownership history, ie list of owners, dates when changed hands etc, this can be obtained from DVLA (vehicle reg dept) using form V888.  It cost GBP5 last time I checked. 

You may or may not need to borrow a UK address to do all of this and I'm not sure if the fact that the vehicle is now exported affects their willingness to supply info but worth looking into if you want all the history.

Great info thanks , im in the UK at the moment ..