993 Turbo prices pushing the envelope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was planning to sell a few things (quite a few things) and upgrade to a 993tt. Was is now they key word. I'm out too for now

In theory the 993tt is a $200k car still (although the last one just sold ).

It's just when you add an 's' you add '$350k'

Possibly the most expensive letter in the alphabet...

history is being rewritten

It's not worth that much more than a standard car over the long term.  It'll revert to the average over the long term, so either this TTS is over the market, or a standard 993TT needs to come up a $100-$150k.

It’s a huge premium over a standard 993 Turbo. The fact is the 993TTS is not that much quicker than a 993TT. Not that anyone cars, it’s all about the low build numbers on the 993TTS that’s driving these crazy prices.

good point Smule, back when the aussie muscle cars boomed I knew of several XYGHTO's that were supposed to have changed hands for massive money but the cars never left their respective garage.

it worked as prices of everything aussie muscle went through the roof

It’s a huge premium over a standard 993 Turbo. The fact is the 993TTS is not that much quicker than a 993TT. Not that anyone cars, it’s all about the low build numbers on the 993TTS that’s driving these crazy prices.

agree - only 15 of them in OZ, and not that many worldwide. TT is common as muck :), but reality is that Duttons are already testing the market with 930's trying to sell one at over $200,000 so me thinks the the TT also has some way to go

When you take into account that even a bog stock 993 tt was just over $300k back in the day, I fail to see the point of this thread.

They will be pushing something when they are worth around that again.

At this stage, they are a car that devalued quiet fast and have never really recovered.

Buying one as some kind of investment is a pipe dream.

Put ya money in the bank, you will be better off !

$150k is 997 gt3 money and would eat it alive in performance. However, I do see the attraction for those with multi Porsche money.

Great car in its day though, would love to see how one would go against something like a new WRX.

As for people paying over $100k for 930s :unsure: