993 Turbo prices pushing the envelope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim ! me old mate !

haha, great to see you around again.

I think we know a thing or two about them mate, seeing we have both restored them and driven the hell out of them.

What do you think Jim, did I sell her to cheap ? :D

Hey my old girl even hit the track a few times, that's what they are for is it not :lol:

How did she sound coming down the main straight at PI full noise and sideways ?

Mate, it was one of the greatest sounds and definitely the greatest site I have seen at PI! You definitely had the best 930 I've ever seen in this country, and you drove the hell out of it. Just as they were intended.

And as for selling her too cheap? I think it was a good deal for all. We may have to restore another couple of cars when this bubble bursts.

Long overdue for a coffee. Lets do something very soon.

GRK930- Off topic but I remember seeing your 930 in blue on carsales. The pics were taken in a factory were they not? If that is the car I am thinking of is a very nice car and I thought was very cheap at the time.

Thanks Jim :)

She was a great old car. It cost a fortune to restore as you know.

The car was sold at a good deal for all.

Can you imagine what it would cost to build one the same now ?

Converted or not, no change out of $150k for sure.

Catch up soon !

GRK930- Off topic but I remember seeing your 930 in blue on carsales. The pics were taken in a factory were they not? If that is the car I am thinking of is a very nice car and I thought was very cheap at the time.

Thanks mate. I had it priced at what I thought it was worth. Would have made an extra $20k if I kept it for 6 more months but hey that's life. 

Thanks Jim :)

She was a great old car. It cost a fortune to restore as you know.

The car was sold at a good deal for all.

Can you imagine what it would cost to build one the same now ?

Converted or not, no change out of $150k for sure.

Catch up soon !

Very true mate. At these ridiculous prices, it would cost at least $150k to get not even close to the quality of 930 that you had. I have seen a couple of Aussie delivered cars with less than 30,000km recently, and yours still stands out as one of the best in the country. And before anyone asks, these low k 930's are not for sale. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok to redeem myself from earlier stupidity

Saw a Black 993 TTS on the hoist at Fitzgerald Racing last week, being returned to stock. Peter reckons the owner was being chased by Dutton to sell for $500k......and turned them down.

I wonder why these cars and their owners dont appear on the forum … maybe they are just Ghosts as suggested…we should start a register.  I have a couple of cars the TT which I have had for 18 years and and an english classic , there have been times when the roller coaster of life has demanded a potential sale and in my experience other than the very occasional whim , most conversations I have had , dont even get out of the starting blocks.

Maybe CTS and Duttons might get away with it through their marketing might.

I wonder why these cars and their owners dont appear on the forum … maybe they are just Ghosts as suggested…we should start a register.  I have a couple of cars the TT which I have had for 18 years and and an english classic , there have been times when the roller coaster of life has demanded a potential sale and in my experience other than the very occasional whim , most conversations I have had , dont even get out of the starting blocks.

Maybe CTS and Duttons might get away with it through their marketing might.

I would have imagined that generally those with $500,000 to spend are too busy to be playing around on forums, but clearly I am wrong with our most recent 918 owner in Adelaide. The idea of a registry for all P-cars for PFA members sounds like a really good idea though. 

I would have imagined that generally those with $500,000 to spend are too busy to be playing around on forums, 

Maybe they are, and are choosing to spend money on other pursuits , toys and car brands  ;)

Hang around the upper end of town and see for yourself.

I'm pretty sure that car was parked next to the Black 993 manual techart wing car a couple of weeks ago.

Just be patient anyone that may be interested...remember what happened to the price of the black one in the first 24 hours!