993 Turbo prices pushing the envelope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris lets get factual .. will probably take 450k and it has a bald tyre now ...

Fixed the flat.. but can you believe it the muppets put a bald one back on my car..

Hankook RS3's Pilots or Khumos.. not sure what to put on ;)

Im sorry to say though this week is the week of ASTON…  so Im flying to Tassie and the TT wont be available for sale or a loan till the week after :)

• 2 weeks later...

Listing is now gone

Blue 96, 58,000KM for 399k dealer - Scuderia Grazini

9zZcw.jpg

1996 Porsche  993 Turbo Manual -- AUSTRALIAN DELIVERED
Incredibly desirable and a RARE FIND.
Finished in a stunning Mid-Night Blue with Black "soft" Leather
Excellent Service History 
Books, Tools and Spare key

AN EXEMPLARY EXAMPLE

Our dedicated team is committed to offering the best selection of European Prestige and Sports Cars. 
Our aim is to always have on offer, the best motor cars at the most competitive value. 

THE PORSCHE FOR THE AVID COLLECTOR....!

* Statutory charges applicable 
* Trade in welcome 
* Finance and Insurance available 
* Interstate transport easily arranged

Edited by 99TS3

1997 Porsche 993 Turbo S Coupe

Lot # 123 1997 Porsche 993 Turbo S Coupe; S/N WP0AC2999VS375826; Violet/Rubicon Grey leather; Estimate $450,000 – $600,000; Unrestored original, 2- condition; Hammered Sold at $395,000 plus commission of 12.00%; Final Price $442,400. With Reserve. 6-speed, Yellow calipers, power sunroof, power windows, air conditioning, CD changer stereo, Euro bumpers. – Original throughout with some stone chips on the nose. Driver’s seat is lightly creased, otherwise like new appropriate to the 11,473 miles on the odometer. – 911-madness seems to know no bounds. This beautiful, one-owner, low miles 993 Turbo S is – aside from its Violet paint and Rubicon Grey [violet in all but the marketers’ name] interior is a breathtaking 425hp car, but visually indistinct from other, probably lesser, 911s. Paying [close enough to] half a million dollars for a car that has to be explained (‘It has K24 turbos’) along with being one of 345 built is an exercise in self-delusion, but one that is repeated often enough these days to be characterized as ‘market’.

The question I keep coming back to is "what would I do with the money in terms of the next PCar to buy?"

I know its wouldn't be purple 

Do we know if the private advertised cars are getting to 3's, I have to say im in disbelief , have you noticed most of these seem to dissapear to unamed buyers.. so few are know to PFA'ers or appear on the forum.

Im getting really skeptical , maybe its a little like the cooked company accounts and results we traded shares against!!

Being even more limited in my thinking , with another car of mine being considered for an overseas sell.. I can tell you after going through this journey , the money in your pocket after , arranging an overseas sale and the prices we are seeing are significantly less , unless you can score yourself a private buyer.

So to close my evening philosphical discourse … im getting the feeling that these cars are a little like the gold held by the reserve banks around the world… where are they , where is it ;)

Do we know if the private advertised cars are getting to 3's, I have to say im in disbelief , have you noticed most of these seem to dissapear to unamed buyers.. so few are know to PFA'ers or appear on the forum.

probably too busy making Billions to be wasting their lives on this forum :) 

probably too busy making Billions to be wasting their lives on this forum :) 

Isnt it most PFA posts , PCar Kms under your belt and beers with the boys,  rather than just the toys that wins … Its the Newage you know

993TT Values seem all over the place in Australia at the moment. There was a polar silver 1996 993TT (with 80K kms) sold by Autohaus Hamilton's earlier this year for around $230K from memory.

This 1995 Green on Green 993TT with 50K kms just showed up at Dutton's.

http://duttongarage.com/Porsche-911-993-Turbo~11525

• 1 year later...

Hmm . . . a year since the last post on this thread.  Did the much expected "massive 993TT price correction" ever really happen?  The jump from $150k to mid-$300k took just two years, and in early 2016 dealers tried it on at $400k for a few months but without much luck. Since then it seems to me that asking prices for low km cars have settled at $330k - $350k.  At the moment there are seven 993TTs listed on Carsales with the following asking details:

$399,990, dealer (Scuderia Graziani), midnight blue/black, 1996, 58,000km, Aussie del [first time in history Duttons pricing has been made to look reasonable!!]

$359,990, dealer (Duttons), black/beige, 1996, 49,500km, Aussie del

$349,990, dealer (Duttons), arctic/blue, 1997, 52,900km, Aussie del [might be the WA car that sat unsold for months at $150k just two years ago . . . still can't believe I let it get away!!]

$349,000, private, black/grey, 1998, 63,800km, Aussie del [don't see many 1998 cars . . . only 11 delivered in Oz]

$299,000, private, white/black, 1996, 98,920km, prob Aussie del [lots of non-stock components]

$298,000, dealer (RSR), polar/black, 1996, 91,200 km, Aussie del [might just be the pick of the cars here, despite higher km]

$250,000, private, arena/grey, 1996, 82,500km, UK personal import [lots of service stamps from a UK village mechanic, which is a worry]

The 993TT is one of those cars where I think we really get burned by import protection.  It doesn't yet qualify under the 25 year rule, so it's virtually impossible to bring in a UK car . . . frustrating, because A LOT of 993TTs were sold in the UK and there's a great selection of low mileage cars available at fairly sensible prices.  Look at Hexagon's website, for example.

Edited by npvpositive

I heard on the grape vine that the UK navy blue car advertised at 190k went for 170k .. if so that was a steal  ….  I think a realistic number for a good but useable 993TT classic is 250k  

I wouldnt pay much more..the thing is with these older cars is things just start to age.. I just found this with heater hoses and oil filler hoses and more , so be prepared .. low kms isnt a sign  to think of  no maintenance..

But I have driven mine hard and really its still thrills ..and is varied enough in its style of driving journey to keep me coming back again and again .. roll up that garage roor and those curves will pull you in every time.

Reliability wise they just dont break .. I have a go through the whole car strategy every 6-7 years and they are way way more robust that a 930 and point to point across the hills and for SMT they just rocketships.

GET ONE IS MY VIEW !!  Failing that get a 997 turbo manual … these turbos are special special cars.

I heard on the grape vine that the UK navy blue car advertised at 190k went for 170k .. if so that was a steal  ….  I think a realistic number for a good but useable 993TT classic is 250k  

I wouldnt pay much more..the thing is with these older cars is things just start to age.. I just found this with heater hoses and oil filler hoses and more , so be prepared .. low kms isnt a sign  to think of  no maintenance..

But I have driven mine hard and really its still thrills ..and is varied enough in its style of driving journey to keep me coming back again and again .. roll up that garage roor and those curves will pull you in every time.

Reliability wise they just dont break .. I have a go through the whole car strategy every 6-7 years and they are way way more robust that a 930 and point to point across the hills and for SMT they just rocketships.

GET ONE IS MY VIEW !!  Failing that get a 997 turbo manual … these turbos are special special cars.

sounds great! Can I borrow $250k??

sounds great! Can I borrow $250k??

Well you have started in the right place thinking abundantly  … you paid your membership and someones  gonna now point you to a  good SC or otherwise… smiles also start at lower levels my friend..  I have said it many times .. I started it with the shitest car but to me will always be my first best Porsche..  just get one :) it less that a commodore, dont get caught up in the hype is my main message 

993TT is probably at the top of my P-car wishlist now.  The new cars don't do much for me and I'll probably keep my 71S forever so that scratches the "longhood itch".  I'd love to get my hands on a Carrera 3.2 Club Sport but they are rare as unicorn pubes and the last couple that traded hands in the UK were silly money.

Value for money the 997 turbo or even turbo S is very hard to beat at the moment.

just a warning .. once you have boost its hard to go back...

but with that said Im gonna give the GT3 a crack to see the diffrence in experience

For looks the 997 RS is my fave but I just wouldnt stump up that kind coin for those fat arches  

I havent seen so many turbo s , there was one at wakefield track day with the auto shift .. to software was just too slow .. I think manual rules 

There seems to be an obsession with black and silver here though in Aus. I havent seen imported numbers and colours into Aus.. maybe someone has then .

Im also not that keen on the wheels 

Maybe a turbo charged GT3 ;) is the answer or is that the GT2 ?