993 Turbo prices pushing the envelope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

This is the same car as the $389k car at the top of the list - same colour, year & mileage; just a more optimistic price. 

On 04/01/2018 at 2:30 PM, symsy said:

Anyone seriously wanna store and hold the 270 car 50/50 ?  Could tyre kick it a little to?

Whats the punter with  their hands outta their pockets say ?

Hold fire symsy, just as I suspected, the 993tt market is still all smoke and mirrors 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-1996/SSE-AD-3853723

1 hour ago, 901er said:

Hold fire symsy, just as I suspected, the 993tt market is still all smoke and mirrors 

:) who said I would pay retail .. I gave up that religion a long time ago..  I think personally they are 250 cars .. if SC's are what they are .. 930s etc ..

Really for driveability , performance etc etc .. they are a real sweet spot 

You have to be into the nostalga to own a lot of the old cars in the 200k arena or an out and out hardcore nut and GT3 freak..

I gotta white one .. you wait Magnus will buy one soon , once hes flogged off most of his 70-80s cars and then the world will change ..

A Gunter-Walker 450 will hit the market ..

1 hour ago, 901er said:

Geese, for the K's it would seem old mate Jopin has spent far too much time in the drivers seat, but not actually driving the bloody thing.

Lovely car..  

1 hour ago, 901er said:

"on hold" don't mean sold - a strategy to prompt a nearly there buyer to move on it, or a near genuine lurker to make a call

39 minutes ago, symsy said:

:) who said I would pay retail .. I gave up that religion a long time ago..  I think personally they are 250 cars .. if SC's are what they are .. 930s etc ..

Beats me why most enthusiasts usually buy at retail, if it's just "that special one" well fair enough but if you have one or two or ten of em you don't "just have to have it" . There's always another one around the corner - patience grasshopper. I agree on the 250 as the median for 993tt

"If SC's are what they are" -- imo they aren't Symsy. It's no mirrors and all smoke, gotta be on the smoke to pay those SC prices!

9 hours ago, symsy said:

Really for driveability , performance etc etc .. they are a real sweet spot 

You have to be into the nostalga to own a lot of the old cars in the 200k arena or an out and out hardcore nut and GT3 freak..

I gotta white one .. you wait Magnus will buy one soon , once hes flogged off most of his 70-80s cars and then the world will change ..

A Gunter-Walker 450 will hit the market ..

I think Magnus bought a 996 GT2 recently ......not much happened on that front.  Influence is diminishing.....?

15 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

"If SC's are what they are" -- imo they aren't Symsy. It's no mirrors and all smoke, gotta be on the smoke to pay those SC prices!

What SC prices are you referring to? 

4 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

The way overpriced SC's which are half that are on the market and to a lesser degree the quarter that are overpriced and lastly the eight that are about $10,000 overpriced for what they are. Imo that leaves 4 or 5 that are priced about right for what they are

If you are referring to Carsales I can see a range from 65-150k. I believe good cars would be fair buying at around 80-90k, over 100k and your options start to open further. In terms of current day classic Porsche ownership I'd say there is some value there, that is if you are looking for a long term car to enjoy and not sell in the short term. An extra 10k or so to get a "good" car can be money well spent, especially over a 5-10 year period. 

I would take a 80-90k SC over a 250k 993TT any day.....................my 1 cents worth anyway..............

25 minutes ago, hugh said:

I would take a 80-90k SC over a 250k 993TT any day.....................my 1 cents worth anyway..............

I hope you have your front door locked ..Im sending the TT Tarmac Terrorists crew round your gaff to get ya 

Red card 

2 hours ago, symsy said:

I hope you have your front door locked ..Im sending the TT Tarmac Terrorists crew round your gaff to get ya 

Red card 

That is maybe what I need, someone to scare the shite out of me in a 993TT to make me realise the error of my statement :ph34r::o:blink:! I have no doubt they are amazing cars, its just another example of AC cars on the pricing spectrum, I didn't quite articulate that well but hopefully you can give me the benefit of the doubt. 

(please don't hurt me) 

Funny to look back to the start of this thread - shock and horror at $195k ask when low to mid 100s was the "right" price for a 993TT. My havent things changed in 4.5 years, the ask is now double and the "right" price is also double.  Should have bought half a dozen!

18 hours ago, Ozvino said:

I think his focus has shifted to Hotwheels cars and product placement these days......yawn

Yes - I think, naturally enough, Magnus has changed since his wife's suicide. The era of modified/hotted-up air cooled 911's is gradually fading & soon nobody will dare to race their precious expensive 911 SCs.  Hmmm maybe cheap & cheerful Boxrods are the substitute??

17 hours ago, hugh said:

If you are referring to Carsales I can see a range from 65-150k. I believe good cars would be fair buying at around 80-90k, over 100k and your options start to open further. In terms of current day classic Porsche ownership I'd say there is some value there, that is if you are looking for a long term car to enjoy and not sell in the short term. An extra 10k or so to get a "good" car can be money well spent, especially over a 5-10 year period. 

I pretty much agree with all that Hugh and I'm not basing it solely on carsales. I actually think that atm, there's some relatively better value at more realistic prices in some of the Carrera 3.2's on the market. On your last sentence though, it's apples and apples if you want a minimum outlay but it's apples and oranges if you're wanting an icon. Same comparison could be made either way by saying I would take a mid/high 30's Cayman or Coxster  over  6.1 GT3 CS ...

4 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

The era of modified/hotted-up air cooled 911's is gradually fading & soon nobody will dare to race their precious expensive 911 SCs.  Hmmm maybe cheap & cheerful Boxrods are the substitute??

Hell will freeze over before your 1st sentence (or the next 2 year doubling of the prices which isn't anytime in the next decade). The Boxrods? Not the overall substitute but you're onto something, a very enjoyable second, ask me how I know ;)

5 hours ago, DJM said:

Funny to look back to the start of this thread - shock and horror at $195k ask when low to mid 100s was the "right" price for a 993TT. My havent things changed in 4.5 years, the ask is now double and the "right" price is also double.  Should have bought half a dozen!

When I brought my TT in 2013 there were 4 sitting on carsales for around 3 or 5 months at advertised $120's and all around 100klms, and one at $150 with 50klms -- Same doubling  of dollars applied to all aircooled generally

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

When I brought my TT in 2013 there were 4 sitting on carsales for around 3 or 5 months at advertised $120's and all around 100klms, and one at $150 with 50klms --

Which TT did you buy? That's about the time I was on the hunt

5 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

but it's apples and oranges if you're wanting an icon. Same comparison could be made either way by saying I would take a mid/high 30's Cayman or Coxster  over  6.1 GT3 CS ...

I'd say that's a pretty far stretch. Cant agree with you on that one sorry..................