993 Turbo prices pushing the envelope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know … I wouldnt swap MY TT for a 997 GT2 … there you go … I think 993TT has more long term appeal but a GT2 the ultimate power expression for sure..

Not sure I would pay above 250k for either cars ..  

At 150 a 997 turbo .. is a much better value outlook

Lets hope the import changes due .. bring some sanity to these numbers

Even if they change the import rules for say the 993's. Once you factor in LCT, GST and Import Duty I don't think you can import them for what  people are asking here anyway. UK prices are just a mad as down under.

There will be no LCT..

Maybe a flat tax and GST and the 20 year barrier will be first sacred cow to be taken I reckon… As I said I think these cars are $250K not $350...

Pre 1997 cars would make a lot of sense to have minimal duties.

Tax is tax to the government .. they dont care whats to protect any more.. they will just get less percentage but across a wider spread if they open the, market Im sure they have thought about it.

Defiantly think a 993TT is a 250k car considering they traded the same price as a 996TT 24 months ago.  Is your's Jim Richards old car via Drury?  There aren't many white ones around!

A flat tax across the board and GST increase would do wonders but that might be a discussion for another thread!

Defiantly think a 993TT is a 250k car considering they traded the same price as a 996TT 24 months ago.  Is your's Jim Richards old car via Drury?  There aren't many white ones around!

A flat tax across the board and GST increase would do wonders but that might be a discussion for another thread!

No Adelaide Car - Sportsmed

Not sure what you call it X50/51 upgraded?? - Sunroof delete car , I was told when I bough it one of three GP white cars brought to promote a little motorsport and press cars, one went to richards another to fitzgeralds and mine ex Greg Keene, I bought it from him early on when he then grabbed a cup car.  I had always had white cars and wanted one

I have no idea on delivery numbers and colors, I have all my history but PCA seem to have little history on these cars they brought here..with mods by the factory.. I have a letter stating all factory parts and mods, new computer, headers , larger oil cooler and some other bits and bobs and when I it in standard tune dynoed at 465 bhp many years back at 0.8 to 1.0 bar of boost.   However when I first drove it was boosted a bit more 1.2 -1.4 if I recall and just used to rip tyres apart and the clutch didnt last long..  I spun it on my test drive.. in port hills in adelaide as did the dealer..

I only recently started to look back through the history as it had its 20 year Birthday repairs and it was the first time I went outside the dealer network , sounds bad , I never paid that much attention at the time of buying , I knew it came from a dealer , it was the only white one I could find , it had warranty and I paid , like 30-50k under the market as thats all I could afford and 20 years later its still with me ..

There will be no LCT..

Maybe a flat tax and GST and the 20 year barrier will be first sacred cow to be taken I reckon… As I said I think these cars are $250K not $350...

Pre 1997 cars would make a lot of sense to have minimal duties.

Tax is tax to the government .. they dont care whats to protect any more.. they will just get less percentage but across a wider spread if they open the, market Im sure they have thought about it.

I can't see LCT been removed has any party indicated they would. Import duty - yes. LCT and GST no. 

In the U.K. a 993 Turbo is £90,000 that's $150,000 AUD before LCT, GST and import costs. 

I can't see LCT been removed has any party indicated they would. Import duty - yes. LCT and GST no. 

In the U.K. a 993 Turbo is £90,000 that's $150,000 AUD before LCT, GST and import costs. 

So 250 would be a rough normalisation yes , unless you have a super rare spec , super low kms and mint car etc etc , then maybe a little more 

Everyone told me I was boring and mad to get a White car

I thought my car was mint , but someone who isnt on the forum , sent me a piccy of his 20,000kms grey car the other day.. wow thats mint..

But like many cars I wonder if too little use is good..???

I think there are like 100+ cars here I believe , which is a lot for 1996/7/8 as seriously some of them were like 250-320k  a shit load of coin then 

The only mention I've seen is the < 500km and < 12mths rule. Which is what Porsche were wailing about, there goes their fat $50k+ margins ($100k in some cases).

Haven't seen anything mentioned about changes to importing pre-'89 cars (nor-LCT) but thinking about it, I'm not bothered about that end of the market so I wouldn't have paid attention had I seen it! :P

Edited by sleazius
spelling

Does anyone know what price the low km 1996 silver 993TT with the special order dark red leather at CTS ended up selling for?  They started in the high $300s but then reduced the price at least twice because it wasn't moving.   I actually quite liked the dark red leather . . . bit different and surprisingly tasteful.

Does anyone know what price the low km 1996 silver 993TT with the special order dark red leather at CTS ended up selling for?  They started in the high $300s but then reduced the price at least twice because it wasn't moving.   I actually quite liked the dark red leather . . . bit different and surprisingly tasteful.

$295,000, the car was heavily optioned and immaculate. 

"$298,000, dealer (RSR), polar/black, 1996, 91,200 km, Aussie del [might just be the pick of the cars here, despite higher km"

Just noticed that Rob's 993 is no longer on the market, anyone here have a nice new addition in their garage?

Ok, i will play.

Listed my aussie 993tt (110000kms) in dec 2015 for 300k

Got various lowball offers and time wasters. :wacko:

Phone went quiet so dropped the price to 260k in march 2016.

Phone rang off the hook, had multiple buyers within a week and decided against a dutch auction, settling for 250k from the first genuine buyer. :)

Ok, i will play.

Phone rang off the hook, had multiple buyers within a week and decided against a dutch auction, settling for 250k from the first genuine buyer. :)

Best way to sell, if you want to actually sell - meet the market. Which one was yours, what colour and int colour? I was watching all of those closely over that period. And hi and welcomeB)

Best way to sell, if you want to actually sell - meet the market. Which one was yours, what colour and int colour? I was watching all of those closely over that period. And hi and welcomeB)

hi sandy, black with red. Dare I say it, non original interior colour, didn't people get upset about that!! However all the original (boring) black leather came with it

Ok, i will play.

Good to hear a happy seller (and guessing buyer) in the end and your avoidance of the dutch auction, can't see what all the fuss was about with the interior (you did after all have the original included)... and don't they say red goes faster ?

• 3 weeks later...

The Arena red car would move at 210..I reckon … has dropped sub 250K .. money talks.. I love a 930.. But surely in the low 2's these ae better ownership and usability propositions.

Lots of cars kept pushing upward last year , some hotrods and and others touching 150s .. for another 25% you would go here for sure yes and would you honestly pay more for a 930 than a TT??

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1996/SSE-AD-3984703/?Cr=4

The 180k Uk import dark blue car sold  last year I hear sold for 160s , I mentioned this before..  

And before you go there , even in the UK these cars havent been seen with any rust!!