What a Sensibly Priced 1987 Carrera?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been a while. I find it amazing that there's always about 50 3.2s on the market at any one time but there'd be about half a dozen a year that are actually worth looking at.

Looks nice that one. This one seems decent too

http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/?R=14428135

Anyone know this car? Was thinking of taking a look

How funny! I see this car weekly. It parks about a 5 min walk from my house. The paint is ordinary - has a big piece out of one of the doors. I think you can see it in one of those photos. Other than that its straight. Looks tidy. I've seen the car about 4 times as I think he parks it out on the street during the day on weekends. It's always a bit dirty but overall tidy as I said.

Looking at the photos I can see he's washed the car on Spencer Street and taken the photos there. It's been on the market some time this car. You can see in the pics chips of paint off the sides of the doors.

Want me to look for it ths Sat? I can spend more time now I know the car is on the market?

You're killing me Tony!!!!!!!!!!87 3.2.......993.............?????????

I feel Tony's dilemma!! It's hard when you can't quite get to where you want to go but still want what you want!

Tony - it will happen for you!

I know Theo, as Amanda mentioned it is a dilemma. Lots of different cars that i like for different reasons but also trying to find the right one and within budget. Would love a 993 manual. That arena red one would have been nice if it didn't have so many issues. I could go to about that asking price for the right 993, but I guess you get what you pay for and there is a reason it's priced where its at. My Carsales saved searches include 993's, 3.2's, SC's, caymans, boxsters. All over the shop but are all great cars in their own right so just keeping options open if something comes up.

Amanda, if you come across that one again let me know if you take a closer look. Thought you may have come across it :)

Looks nice that one. This one seems decent too

http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/?R=14428135

Anyone know this car? Was thinking of taking a look

I spoke to the owner about this one. What he told me is that it is an American import and was converted to RHD he in Aust. I'm in Perth and asked if he could email some more photos, including the interior. He said he would but never did, which didn't bother me as I was put off by the RHD conversion. I also got the impression from what he said that the interior was in average condition.

I spoke to the owner about this one. What he told me is that it is an American import and was converted to RHD he in Aust. I'm in Perth and asked if he could email some more photos, including the interior. He said he would but never did, which didn't bother me as I was put off by the RHD conversion. I also got the impression from what he said that the interior was in average condition.

That little piece of information may have been useful on the ad! Thanks for the post

That little piece of information may have been useful on the ad! Thanks for the post

Nobody will call him and if they do, offer a very low price. :)

Whilst I can look at paint, interior, body condition and look at small things... I still can't differentiate things like conversions. I have to remind myself to check for these things. I looked at this car from 'oh cool a Porsche! And it's there again' whilst going to buy milk!

It must be a Euro import to Usa b/c it doesn't have the us body parts.  

Looks very nice Pete, is this a contender?

I'm guessing not or you would have kept it under your hat until you owned it. ;)

Ben,

I was just feeling magnamous towards my other non porsche owning colleagues! :)

Truth is that I expect it to be long gone before I have my cash ready to go in a fortnight and plus the colour combination isn't a favorite.  Really, I'm just pleased to see an honest, sensibly priced late 80's couple actually exists as they have seemed few and far between for the last few months.

Regards

Peter  

I love the first car posted. I'd be all over that is I was in the market.

I hear you Uncle, it's about 8 months too early for me otherwise I'd have to make some enquires. Definitely what I want.  

At least he was honest enough to tell me. It's also got 9x16 wheels at the rear which I think fill the guards nicely. This is what really attracted me to the car..

At least he was honest enough to tell me. It's also got 9x16 wheels at the rear which I think fill the guards nicely. This is what really attracted me to the car..

Im never fussed if they mention it or not though.. Its just a quick call to PCM to confirm. Its good though he lets people know who may not do those sort of checks

I was starting to think they don't exist anymore!

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1987/SSE-AD-2207873/?Cr=22

Seeing this last night has given me renewed hope.....

Spoke to the owner.

It was getting a PPI done today that had been arranged by a potential buyer.

According to Shaun, its Australian delivered, exactly how it looks in the photos, used but honest and no surprises.  He's had it 5 years.

Good luck to the new owner! Lucky bugger! 

Archived