Replica Fuchs

_Tony

There are many places that offer replica Fuchs wheels.

I can't say exactly what the ones on Pelican are like, however I have only ever seen one set that looked horrible and they were all Polished with no Black outs which made them look terrible(to my eyes anyway).

I guess the price differential is worth considering as a Genuine set will be quite expensive and Second-hand as well.

Personally I would try and find a Secondhand set and get them refurbished so you know you have the real deal on there.

What vehicle are you seeking them for?

There is a guys details I was given possibly by JJ or someone who builds them in Melbourne. I almost bought a pair as they are but only newer, lighter and well done they also can come in any size ie 17 inch.

Look for a wheels thread from 6 months back here on PFA it has his details and photos

Take care, and do some research.  You'll find some horror stories so it is well to do your homework.  Check Rota wheels, I believe there are some issues that you probably would like to know about. 

Forged wheels are acknowledged to be stronger and lighter.  The best bet, in my humble opinion, is a set of (Fuchs) turbo wheels which if genuine will be lighter, stronger and wider and should fit most cars.  Take care that wheels clear  your calipers; there are two series of turbo wheels and one has larger clearances which is the go if you are planning to fit larger rotors/calipers

I understand that there forged Fuchs look alikes from the USA that you could to well to investigate; try Fikse?  HRE? to see what you come up with

There is a guys details I was given possibly by JJ or someone who builds them in Melbourne. I almost bought a pair as they are but only newer, lighter and well done they also can come in any size ie 17 inch.

Look for a wheels thread from 6 months back here on PFA it has his details and photos

I believe these were from Rota, they do a 17 inch rep wheel. I have a contact both here and the states for refinishing (if your wanting to get your 7's done). Just let me know.

Cheers,

the rota fox (lol) are very cheaply gravity cast and not up to even their low pressure cast wheel standards because apparently there isn't enough market to justify using the better manufacturing techniques.

the chinese  euromeister wheels are okay for the price but i don't think i'd put them on a track car. the yare at least better finished and lighter than the rotas

Braid makes an excellent fuchs replica in 15" and 16", these are much more pricey but very well built (Al i think his name is, has these on his car with the 15x11 rears).

i personally don't mind spending some dollars when it's what connects me to the road!

jongbloed also makes outers that will fit a fuchs wheel and convert it to 17". but i don't want to think of the cost..

What vehicle are you seeking them for?

It's for a 1984 3.2 that I'll likely be picking up this week. It's currently got 16x7 and 16x6 and would like to put 9's in the rear and the 7's in front. So only really need a pair of 9's

Might be better off looking for a second hand set to refinish I guess

It's for a 1984 3.2 that I'll likely be picking up this week. It's currently got 16x7 and 16x6 and would like to put 9's in the rear and the 7's in front. So only really need a pair of 9's

Might be better off looking for a second hand set to refinish I guess

Congratulations mate on the new acquisition - got any photos?

Peter thanks for that link, will look into it. See if he will separate them

Congrats on the 911 purchase.

You might also consider keeping each set together. They will likely have different finishes or different wear/fade levels. This could work out cheaper than refinishing to match. You could also sell the 6&7's to help pay for the 7&9's.

Harvs, thanks. I've thought about getting an entire set. Not sure what the relative costs are between both options. Seems like for the most part refinishing may be required on most second hand Fuchs from what I've seen.

Thanks. Don't have it yet so no decent pics. Here is one during the ppi.

4CA9053D-62E4-4791-9F95-44041ACAF354-747

Looking forward to picking it up!

Wow, what a great looking black 993 next to yours....... Gotta ring him today and see if it is ready for parole. :-D

Congrats on the purchase. Looks great in that colour

If its polishing the outer rim so it's like a chrome / mirror effect just check out any industrial metal polisher. Cheaper than you think. I was quoted in Sydney 70-80 bucks a wheel.

Hey Doish, Where did you get your rims polished?

Mate in the end I picked up a set polished already however know this as was planing to get another set I had polished. Look up wheel polishers Sydney. The companies I looked at were not wheel companies however industrial polishers - metal polishers. plenty around.

I just tried to have a look for you and came up with this from another forum.

2/21 moxon road punchbowl...

60 $ a rim ..and that was calais wheels

And this:(cut &paste)

the place is called

PAULS METAL POLISHING

Unit 2/23 Sunset Ave Warilla

its pretty easy to find.

Paul is an absolute champ. he did my wheels for $40 each. they came up awesome. they had some clearcoat on them which is a bitch to remove. thats why they were $40 instead of $20.

he even dropped them off at work for me today personally because i couldnt come pick them up from his workshop (mums car had died).

i highly reccommend his business.

heres a pic of the wheels after i got them back. i have since taped them up and sprayed them gold. currently waiting for them to dry.

I ended up buying a set of genuine fuchs (9's and 7's) but one of the wheels has some gutter rash (just a surface scratch).

Can anyone recommend someone in Melbourne to refinish/repair?

Rob would most likely know someone?

I ended up buying a set of genuine fuchs (9's and 7's) but one of the wheels has some gutter rash (just a surface scratch).

Can anyone recommend someone in Melbourne to refinish/repair?

Im Not sure about Melbourne, But if you are willing to send interstate then Fix My Rim in Queensland is australia's best anodisers of automotive wheels. The boys there use to work at Depulu and the finish is spectacular. http://www.fixmyrim.com.au

I think one of the issues you may have is getting a close finish to the remaining 3 wheels. New anodise is very bright compared with old wheels that may have been cleaned in the past with alkaline cleaners (Alkaline cleaners destroy the anodise finish, this is another reason you must always wash your own car, as 99% of car wash cafe's use alkaline cleaners)

Regards

Sean

Archived