Well I didn't say it http://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/nsw-roads-minister-duncan-gay-slams-inner-city-hipsters-as-anti-road-zealots/story-e6frflp0-1227361462365

In the past anyone with "hip" in their community label aspired to live in the country!

People do end up a bit stir crazy in the built up areas.

Country folk are just a bit crazy. But generally nice to each other.

Just an observation.

On the eBay thing, recently sold a baby capsule. Posted clearly what the build date was. Bloke picks it up and pars cash, all good.

His missus starts to want her money back, says it isn't the year made that I said it was. I didn't have the thing in front of me anymore to look up the build date. So I asked for photos, and there it was - exactly as I said. I scanned the receipt as well and sent it. I guess she finally accepted it was what it said it was. I have no idea how that happened but I reckon she found somehing else else and was looking for angle to send it back. Not a scam but an annoying experience.

What does it smell/taste like?

It didn't have much smell, although I wiped it all up to see if more arrived so I can't check now. It's definitely oil though. Has to be auto transmission oil, that's the gearbox crossmember. The body of the transmission is clean, I can't work out where it came from, so I'm assuming the rear seal on the box at this point. There is more on the right than the left, so maybe that's the way the tail shaft spins.

Another Ebay scam.

My nephew sold an expensive digital camera on ebay.  Upon receipt of the camera, and before my nephew received his money, the buyer put in a disputed claim.  The buyer then sent the camera back, which arrived and was signed for.  Upon opening the returned box discovered a cheap crap camera enclosed, not his digital camera.

Ebay and PayPal says that because the returned package was signed for, then there is nothing they can do.

So this scumbag gets a good camera and his cash back !!

:angry:

Thanks for the heads up, it's good to be aware of as I sell a bit on eBay.

Whats the eBay name of the buyer? Either post or pm me

The Ebay name disappeared after the camera was sent back, so of little use.

Seems to be the tactic of late. Register,buy, charge back then vanish.

On the vent topic, found a puddle in the garage floor. Quick jack and and crawl around, this is what I see.

BCF3EB97-DD89-4F85-9079-7C2259457BCC_zps

Not the Porsche. I didn't even know transmission fluid came in that color.

Do you have a transmission/gearbox cooler? Alot of Mercedes have one (for example) that sits in the radiator - Is your radiator level as it was? Although ATF normally turns to 'ice cream' when in contact with coolant.

it is a weird colour! I have seen clear ATF once though

Do you have a transmission/gearbox cooler? Alot of Mercedes have one (for example) that sits in the radiator - Is your radiator level as it was? Although ATF normally turns to 'ice cream' when in contact with coolant.

it is a weird colour! I have seen clear ATF once though

No cooler on this box I think. Never seen one.

Just had a random thought. The ac quit about a month ago, so I just switched it off, being winter and all. I have had to get it regassed twice.

Could this be compressor oil mixed with ac dye? The evaporator drain tubes come out right next to the crossmember - the out of focus black hose in this pic is one of the drain tubes :

E606BF45-3490-4F1F-9E47-380FA5E02C0E_zps

The ac dye would explain the fluoro color better than fluoro trans oil, especially as there is no obvious trans leak and the ac quit?

I must be missing something here with regards to the AC oil.

Anyway, didn't know where to find a uv light so I googled it and made one myself.

Quick functionality check

A4930290-F5F5-4159-9B01-F6E46FE20CC5_zps

Yep, works ok (highlighter pen)

Underneath the car, rough look with camera phone and homemade uv torch

27BF78DA-3B90-4EB6-AC7A-2EF017D1899B_zps

Uh, don't think that is gearbox oil somehow.