I'm so disappointed in not being over there this year for the 911s 50th anniversary. There is a feature race of 911s at the Historics at Laguna Seca, there is a 911 class at the Pebble Beach Concours and then there are some outstanding Porsches on offer at the auctions. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Well it looks like Magnus will be having a great weekend, his STR sold for $275000 wowzers!

So, if I drill out the door handles, bog over the turn indicators, invite Jay Leno to put his arse print on the seat, can I get $300K for my SC?

So, if I drill out the door handles, bog over the turn indicators, invite Jay Leno to put his arse print on the seat, can I get $300K for my SC?

No. You must carefully create a persona first. That is an art in itself. You probably haven't even considered the fine modern art of manscaping (i.e. what appeals to other men) , hell knows I haven't.

Of course if you own a LHD SC and seal some contraband in the chassis and then export to Europe / USA  <_< But like spending money on restorations and rebuilds , it's a tad risky.

I contacted Magnus in May 2011 when he finished the red one, asking how much he wanted for it. His reply was $80K. Guess that would have been a good investment. Thing is, he can just bang up another with a few unique features and repeat the exercise. That's it, I'm getting dreads!

That's why I have been calling them "Lego" builds from day one Cal. All the real work is contracted out. Once he gets it all back he takes some nice photos of it sitting next the the body shell he has also farmed out to be painted. Then much like any other lego kit he bolts it together. I'd reckon I could knock out a car a month working on my own doing the same thing.

Hell it would just about be my perfect job. Send everthing out to be cleaned,fixed and/or made good then just spend time sitting in the shed bolting it back together whilst taking like a boss.

You don't even have to get grease under your fingernails!

It's an odd phenomena, that is for certain. He basically has the ideas/taste and uses social media to his advantage, to market "his brand". I'm just surprised there are people out there stupid enough to spend $275K on it. I think you and I know you could build that car for $100K. 

I guess he plays to a big market. He also has the support of Wayne the CEO of Pelican and that has no doubt helped. A number of people have tried to do the same soft marketing thing on P.P and been shot down for it. He had momentum in the market so when he started to push the brand on P.P he already had "fans". I am also sure it helps when your main game is renting space to people in the media. I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine.

Again I get the angle he is shotting for and well played for nailing it so well. It's no different to the RWB cars and the hype around Naki san. I saw on book of faces the other day they are now flogging RWB necklaces.. Rough world indeed.

That's why I have been calling them "Lego" builds from day one Cal. All the real work is contracted out. Once he gets it all back he takes some nice photos of it sitting next the the body shell he has also farmed out to be painted. Then much like any other lego kit he bolts it together. I'd reckon I could knock out a car a month working on my own doing the same thing.

Hell it would just about be my perfect job. Send everthing out to be cleaned,fixed and/or made good then just spend time sitting in the shed bolting it back together whilst taking like a boss.

You don't even have to get grease under your fingernails!

hell it's all the fun parts of the build. all the shit jobs already done lol

Archived