Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

23 hours ago, NevB said:

I sold my 2009 997.2 C4S Cab (carrera white with black leather, pdk, chrono) with 49,000 on the clock 6 months ago for $130k, so I would have thought you could bag an S for that money

Now if only I knew, that's bang on what I am after!  Good to know what kind of wheels my budget can afford.  Guess i'll have to maintain the hunt.

19 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

Now if only I knew, that's bang on what I am after!  Good to know what kind of wheels my budget can afford.  Guess i'll have to maintain the hunt.

Black on black ones come up from time to time, but white seems to be uncommon. They get snapped up quickly. Mine was gone in a few days.

17 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

A different take on a dynamic pricing perhaps???

Dynamic pricing, also referred to as surge pricing, demand pricing, or time-based pricing is a pricing strategy in which businesses set flexible prices for products or service based on current market demands.

3 hours ago, Dreamr said:

Has anyone from my end of the island even seen this car?  Can't say I've heard of any chatter about it around the Tassie club, and I've been pretty involved recently.  Certainly those that are clued into things up here haven't said anything about it either....  Photos definitely look Invermay, one of them is next to the motor museum.  I'll blow a couple of the photos up and see if anything else is revealed......

44 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Has anyone from my end of the island even seen this car?  Can't say I've heard of any chatter about it around the Tassie club, and I've been pretty involved recently.  Certainly those that are clued into things up here haven't said anything about it either....  Photos definitely look Invermay, one of them is next to the motor museum.  I'll blow a couple of the photos up and see if anything else is revealed......

Think I might be able to find out a bit more about this on Tuesday.  May be worth finding out purely as a matter of interest......

8 hours ago, juzmister said:

Hey team,

Long time lurker here..!

This has been sitting at Autohaus for a long time. What's the story?? Not sure what something like this (with little collectability) should be worth? 

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1976/OAG-AD-15217245/?Cr=2

Have you been to see the car in person? 

10 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Think I might be able to find out a bit more about this on Tuesday.  May be worth finding out purely as a matter of interest......

Yes I know Ole and his porsche.

11 hours ago, juzmister said:

Hey team,

Long time lurker here..!

This has been sitting at Autohaus for a long time. What's the story?? Not sure what something like this (with little collectability) should be worth? 

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1976/OAG-AD-15217245/?Cr=2

IMO it's not too far off a sale price, needs about 10% knock off (and good luck with that from Autohaus;)

Not a bad price really  - IF -  the car has  ALL been done to a high standard and it looks sounds and "feels" right and correct and to a high finish as per a Zag job -  and aside from the usual Zag hot rod, it is an Oz Del and not a lefty import ... good  to excellent ones of these type of hot rods seem to range in asking from about 95K to around 135k. Interestingly there's no mention of a RWC in the car sales details and it does have a roll cage which can be a problem with roadworthies in Vic, but I'm not sure of other states. Go check it out that is the first step to winning the prize!

1976 Porsche 911 Carrera Manual

17 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

IMO it's not too far off a sale price, needs about 10% knock off (and good luck with that from Autohaus;)

Not a bad price really  - IF -  the car has  ALL been done to a high standard and it looks sounds and "feels" right and correct and to a high finish as per a Zag job -  and aside from the usual Zag hot rod, it is an Oz Del and not a lefty import ... good  to excellent ones of these type of hot rods seem to range in asking from about 95K to around 135k. Interestingly there's no mention of a RWC in the car sales details and it does have a roll cage which can be a problem with roadworthies in Vic, but I'm not sure of other states. Go check it out that is the first step to winning the prize!

1976 Porsche 911 Carrera Manual

If it's been there a while, you'll never know if you don't ask.  I did on my 996B)

18 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Interestingly there's no mention of a RWC in the car sales details and it does have a roll cage which can be a problem with roadworthies in Vic, but I'm not sure of other states.

Even if it is only a half cage like in this car?

33 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

I'll go with what Hugh said, He'll have more idea than me about legality of roll cages, incidently I wonder if there's a difference roadworthy-wise between bolt in and welded in? Does it come down to obtaining the correct engineering cert or similar?

From what I understand it comes down to the side intrusion bars as if involved in a road accident it makes it harder for emergency crews etc. to gain access. Rear cage only becomes an issue re: 4 seater cars (like a 911) being registered with only 2 seats - this seems like less of an issue to most RW certificate officers. There seems to be a little bit more flexibility with historic registration given that its effectively a restricted usage but as always "buyer beware" applies. 

15 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Location identified as Button Street, top of Mowbray hill, looking to wards the pub....

3 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

What's the word on negotiating with Autohaus?  I'm looking at a car they have for sale and would be good to know what percentage I can work within.

1 hour ago, cafe_racer said:

What's the word on negotiating with Autohaus?  I'm looking at a car they have for sale and would be good to know what percentage I can work within.

I'm pretty sure if you find the same car at a cheaper price elsewhere they will beat it by 10%.............................:rolleyes:<_<