Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

5 hours ago, PK010 said:

I'm really not sure what people expect when they place an advertisement like that - doesn't leave a great impression of the vendor.  Since when did it become the norm to play around with the price once the car is advertised anyway!?

I think everyone should sms through offers of 56K and the @Bluegus73 can follow through with the closing  76K no PPI 

48 minutes ago, symsy said:

I think everyone should sms through offers of 56K and the @Bluegus73 can follow through with the closing  76K no PPI 

You're just a rebel aintcha? ?

5 hours ago, Andy73 said:

"time wasters" were probably just negotiating...

Probably ?

Hope I don't tread on anyone's toes here, but this is probably a little over-inflated???  

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2004/SSE-AD-5247298/?Cr=0

Perhaps if they read their spiel enough they might believe it......

14 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Hope I don't tread on anyone's toes here, but this is probably a little over-inflated???  

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2004/SSE-AD-5247298/?Cr=0

Sold 2004 black on black auto IMS fix with $6k Porsche spoiler, with under 100K km for under $55k around 1 year ago"

Edited by Essay
Deleted bullshit

Chased an interstate car last week, ready to fly straight there, and politely texted seller only 4 straightforward questions relating to the service manual, as his ad was quite descriptive.... crickets. I sent same again politely the next day explaining texting to save both of us from time wasting.... crickets. I sent same again that arvo polite explanation would he like me to phone him .... he rang me and would not let me have a word in and ceaselessly garbled on with some sort of sales pitch blah blah blah. when he was finished after 2 minutes I asked  please just text me the answers to my 4 questions so we can move ahead. Said he would in an hour. Texted him next morning thought you were texting me answers? He texted back ""I didn't understand the questions but is really good car you come and see you will like it's black"" and about 4 other pieces of irrelevant unasked for blah blah blah that was in his ad.

Here they are:

In the service/maintenance manual, how many times has the general maintenance pages been stamped?

In the service/maintenance manual how many times has the brake fluid maintenance pages been stamped?

In the service/maintenance manual on about page 3 how many owners have been written in the owner section?

In the service/maintenance manual on about page 5 does it have the big rectangular identification sticker with the VIN number and option codes?

So I texted him back one question - Does it have a service /maintenance manual? Answer immediately was ""ÿes but I haven't driven it for a while and my uncle owned it, it is a great car and you will buy it so good""

So texted him back politely , Please if you could answer my 4 initial questions to move forward .....CRICKETS

This is why it is near on impossible to buy from some owners and I would not even bother looking at this car no matter what now, because I know it'll be a bad buy no matter what.

This should be in the vent thread hahhaa

On 05/02/2018 at 3:31 PM, Zelrik911 said:

Hi Taffy

I notice this green cab is now sold, did you get it? Another 996 in Melbourne :rolleyes:

If yes - what is it like?

Hey Zelrik,

yes I have purchased the car. Had it inspected and it came back pretty good. Will likely need new pads and disks, indicator stalk, and upper rear arms. And the cv joint boots have a split so will replace them. Paintwork is good, roof was replaced 18months ago and basically never used so perfect.

The car is not concourse but for that price you would not expect it to be. Wife enjoyed the drive, having only driven Caymans I was surprised by the backend feel. Very happy for what I got for the price I paid.

IMS is done when the engine was replaced, it was checked visually by the PPI. 

Still working out delivery to Melbourne. 

Will post some photos in a build for the repairs and a couple of small mods I want to do straight away, ie Bluetooth as I want to daily it. Need to get rid of the 3 series now... hate selling cars.

cheers

Taffy

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Ims solution, after market stereo, safe colour choice, low kms for age, are all pluses. If it was manual high 50s might not be unrealistic. 

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Ooh I dunno, if its as good as the seller says it is, it's probably close to being one of the best 996's around. Depends how one looks at it. A car at $50-55k but you need to spend another 10k cleaning it up if you're pedantic, or this for $60-65k (everyone is negotiable to a point) and you don't have to do a thing

2 hours ago, Taffy said:

Hey Zelrik,

yes I have purchased the car. Had it inspected and it came back pretty good. Will likely need new pads and disks, indicator stalk, and upper rear arms. And the cv joint boots have a split so will replace them. Paintwork is good, roof was replaced 18months ago and basically never used so perfect.

The car is not concourse but for that price you would not expect it to be. Wife enjoyed the drive, having only driven Caymans I was surprised by the backend feel. Very happy for what I got for the price I paid.

IMS is done when the engine was replaced, it was checked visually by the PPI. 

Still working out delivery to Melbourne. 

Will post some photos in a build for the repairs and a couple of small mods I want to do straight away, ie Bluetooth as I want to daily it. Need to get rid of the 3 series now... hate selling cars.

cheers

Taffy

That all sounds pretty good and easy. But see a new post today about 'My 996.2 has the dreaded inoperable combo switch problem' , so hope the stalk is a simple cheap repair.

I just saw a Boxster that colour in our supermarket carpark & I reckon that green colour is much better in the flesh - than in those scary photos.  Congrats I think you have done well.

15 minutes ago, Zelrik911 said:

That all sounds pretty good and easy. But see a new post today about 'My 996.2 has the dreaded inoperable combo switch problem' , so hope the stalk is a simple cheap repair.

I just saw a Boxster that colour in our supermarket carpark & I reckon that green colour is much better in the flesh - than in those scary photos.  Congrats I think you have done well.

Its the plastic bit inside so does not self cancel, full replacement required sadly. Priced that in.

It does look better in person but will likely wrap it down the track. Happy to do everything myself on the list so not so huge cost. 

1 hour ago, 42 South said:

Fancy a new Porsche requiring some minor panel work? Hail damaged Porsches

Will be interesting to see how much the new cars go for below retail........  Makes you think that all they ever sell these days are black or white cars, or perhaps they're the ones that don't sell, so were still sitting on the lot.....

@42 South you in Tassie too?

48 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Will be interesting to see how much the new cars go for below retail........  Makes you think that all they ever sell these days are black or white cars, or perhaps they're the ones that don't sell, so were still sitting on the lot.....

@42 South you in Tassie too?

Yes, down in Hobart

Here's a nice little buy for a great car, good ks, good extras and been on for a week or two - with a 3 grand tyre kick it'd be a good buy even adding in the cost of a few days holiday at the top end and a very interesting drive home if you had the time. Even throwing in a coupla grand of transport and a two way plane ticket it's still a very nice buy.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Cayman-2006/SSE-AD-5249485/?Cr=4

2006 Porsche Cayman S 987 Manual

12 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Here's a nice little buy for a great car, good ks, good extras and been on for a week or two - with a 3 grand tyre kick it'd be a good buy even adding in the cost of a few days holiday at the top end and a very interesting drive home if you had the time. Even throwing in a coupla grand of transport and a two way plane ticket it's still a very nice buy.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Cayman-2006/SSE-AD-5249485/?Cr=4

2006 Porsche Cayman S 987 Manual

Yes, very well priced.  Gotta wonder about the practicality of a black car in the top end though????  Aircon must work really well!!!!  And I like the wheels, same as on our 987.1 Boxster....

13 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Yes, very well priced.  Gotta wonder about the practicality of a black car in the top end though????  Aircon must work really well!!!!  And I like the wheels, same as on our 987.1 Boxster....

It's hell even down here! My wife's Black Volvo is a heat trap........

5 hours ago, 42 South said:

Fancy a new Porsche requiring some minor panel work? Hail damaged Porsches

Could be a good buy if they are cheap enough, it states they arent on the WOVR

Buy it, drive it and wait for the current flurry of activity around hail damage repairs to pass, could be a good outcome

3 minutes ago, 901er said:

Ole may be waiting a while for his 997 cabriolet at this rate.  I always wonder about the 'these cars are appreciating' blah blah sales pitch.  If it's such a good investment, why sell!?