Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

This is what I meant when I said the market is getting overheated. $66K for a 1977 2.7L..... really? I remember a time, very recently when people didn't want to know about 74 to 79 cars. http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-2876913?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert%3bPCAA&sdmvc=1 

agree 100%. 66k for non-galvanised, 2.7L? market has gone mad. that would have sold as a 40k car a few months ago.

this and the 3.2 just simply are not fast enough or special enough to warrant that kind of price imo? you'd have to really want that specific model..

Well given the current market activity and pricing of the more "affordable" 911s, I've started looking at other marques for my current fix of fun. The way things are headed I'll just save for a few more years and pick up a 996 GT3 when the next GFC hits :)

This is what I meant when I said the market is getting overheated. $66K for a 1977 2.7L..... really? I remember a time, very recently when people didn't want to know about 74 to 79 cars. http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-2876913?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert%3bPCAA&sdmvc=1 

Wow. This is essentially the same as my car with a respray. I will watch this one with interest.

Here's my $0.02 worth as a new buyer of my dream car.....

I searched for approx. 2.5 years for my car... I wasn't overly serious but I kept an eye on the market and knew every car that was for sale.. If one had of been for sale that had my criteria, I would have bought it....

During my search, I didn't care about the year, model or engine size, I just wanted a 74 - 89 classic shape 911.

The fact is that there are very few unmolested ones out there... this is shown by the fact that there are quite a number of 911's for sale and still some that I was looking at all those months / years ago.....

Would I have paid $70 - $75k? Not on your life.......

But in saying that, the rest of the market was nowhere near that figure, so why would I spend twice that?

That 89 was at last weekends carz and coffee..... it is an immaculate, stunning looking car..... no two ways about it..

With the shortage of original cars, the price will ALWAYS go up in value... remember that alot of cars get modified in many different ways and while that is ok for some, I personally would never have bought one... originality was the key for me (says he who has a car that has had a colour change) lol...

I did compromise but I had to, as not only was there nothing else for sale, but if I hadn't I could have been waiting for another 2.5 years.... at least it is reversible...

I don't think that the specific model has anything to do with it on these older air cooled cars......It really is a case of supply and demand.....

I'm not planning on selling mine any time soon.... how many others are off the market for the next 20 years?

For those questioning the 75k .. You only need to look at what's happening to prices in the States and ROW. Impact bumper cars 3.2's and 930s have gone through the roof over the past few years.

Alternatively what does 75k really buy you in today's classic market. A 308 fez / 964 c2 (if you can find one ) 993 tipper not much really, impact bumper prices have been suppressed for years due to many examples of rubbish cars being imported and modified.

A good clean solid Aussie car doesn't hit the market every day and will always be on the money ...and at 75k I dare say the car would have been spot on with no spend. Beautiful classic colour combo. Good luck to the buyer looks like a beautiful car from an honest seller !

I'm not planning on selling mine any time soon.... how many others are off the market for the next 20 years?

My hand is raised.

Mine's unmolested yet improved, full original engine rebuilt , no sunroof (desirable "option" for many), great original g'box , repainted, 105,000km on chassis.

But it's LHD and green so in Australia , not worth v much.

In Europe OTOH...79k maybe  :)

Please point me in the direction of said 997 with under 100k km for $75k. Admittedly that may be the trade price but for the rest of us it is more like 90k minus 5k for high mileage or rough, plus 5k for something nice. Minus 2-3k for tip. Plenty of dreamers asking over $100k for 2005 models too.

If they got the asking price then serve up my humble pie. Actually if they got over 70k then you can serve it up because there are a lot of options at that price.

Respecting the buyer's privacy, sort of, you have allowed for an AWFULLY large piece of humble pie.

great idea, has air con too! (which if you don't want i'll take off your hands - at least the under dash unit)

your wife is chasing another car isn't she?

She's not chasing that type of car!

What do you reckon it's worth on the Australian market? $35K?

agreed, may sell quite quick now given how clean it seems to be. though i would be confirming if it is in fact 4 speed as the blurb does not say otherwise

the blurb says it's a sporto which means it'll be a 925 3 Speed (the 4 speeds were earlier when the engines had less power, 925 is 'beefier')

yeah I'd say $30k-$35k or so, If you can get it here for $25k and it's as good as it sounds It might be worthwhile (obviously to drive and not resell..)

You are not going to get it here for much under $30K, assuming you pay the asking price. $22500 US is $24K AUD.