Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

8 minutes ago, JWM said:

Interesting. Is there a consistent % difference between the ranges that you see?

No, nothing consistent that you could quote with confidence, however general market dynamics probably have a large impact on this.  The market dynamic is currently very different to the covid levels we saw and I'd suggest there is greater % discounting to achieve a sale now than there was a year or two back.  Some sellers know this and will hence list lower....others are happier to list higher and then discount further to achieve a sale.

I think what we see reflects broadly what any one of us has experienced when selling (or buying).  In our market, it's broadly accepted that an asking price is not a selling price, unless the seller states 'no offer's or words to that effect.  Most of us when purchasing likely offer a little (to a a lot...depending on the individual) less than is being asked.  Educated buyers and sellers alike all have access to the same data and market and generally have a feel for where the 'buy' price is - hence much commentary on sellers that are 'dreaming' or asking too much.

3 hours ago, Harsh said:

The real unknown (in most cases) is the actual price at exchange v the listing price at that point of removal from the market.

Just this,if there are 10 cars on CS sub $100k where are they in the sales data that you are producing. It's just a comment on how I see the overall sales market be it cars,houses or art.

Does anyone know much about this Cayman on Grays Online? https://www.grays.com/lot/0001-60020464/sports-and-luxury-cars/2008-porsche-cayman-987-coupe-8211-manual

It was recently sold at Richmond's and only had just over 1000km put on before being listed on Grays.

https://richmonds.com.au/portfolio/2008-porsche-987-cayman-coupe-manual/

On 04/05/2024 at 19:58, LeeM said:

Bought cheap and hoping to flip for a profit? Or it didn't actually sell, and they're hoping an auction will get them a result

Or possibly drove it for a bit and some sort of issue popped up/ discovered. I did like the look of it when I saw it at Richmond's...