Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

There is a letter in the documents section from Porsche Cars Great Britain stating the car was built to Thailand spec and was delivered there.

This car has potentially had an interesting life whilst doing no mileage.

On 04/04/2024 at 17:00, Farlz said:

I watched that one closely as I picked up the Arena red one for $315K 2 weeks ago.  This case I think was Thailand -> NZ -> AUS and needed a bit of TLC so I reckon $300K is a great price.

Certainly a big discount on local delivery models!

Congrats on buying what looks to be a very well maintained car. I remember thinking the interior to your new car as being immaculate for the age/ mileage. In fact the whole car just presents very well. I hope it is the case in real life and you will be many years of enjoyment from it.

21 hours ago, sleazius said:

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1996-porsche-911-993-turbo-19

That interior is next level, even for me.

I love it. It is out there for sure, but I would happily drive that. It is not boring . There was a similar spec 993 (I think it was a Turbo) at Luftwasser last year but it was the pale mint green inside and out which was awesome :D 

On 06/04/2024 at 16:03, HWY said:

Congrats on buying what looks to be a very well maintained car. I remember thinking the interior to your new car as being immaculate for the age/ mileage. In fact the whole car just presents very well. I hope it is the case in real life and you will be many years of enjoyment from it.

UPDATE:  I've been over it now - Interior is 10/10 as is paint (but it has had a glass, bumper, rubbers, mechanicals out respray as best I can tell, no paint is that good.....

On Mechnanicals, maybe 8/10: it pulls well and runs hard, Engine, gearbox, clutch steering rack, tie rods, rotors, calipers, turbos, brakes and so on all rebuilt about 3K miles/4 years ago.....

BUT... very slight leak on the LHS timing chain area (maybe 2-5ml / 50K) - some of the grommets have withered, I replaced those I could but it looks like it was just sitting around too long.  So I will get that job done, and some surface rust n the jack points, and of course new tyres (perished not worn out)

So probably ill spend another 5K to just make it tip top, overall really happy thought

That's a solid win in my book for buying something unseen over an auction site.  Great result compared to the other 993 turbo that is now listed on carsales for $355k after twice failing to sell on collectingcars.

On 06/04/2024 at 09:26, sleazius said:

There is a letter in the documents section from Porsche Cars Great Britain stating the car was built to Thailand spec and was delivered there.

This car has potentially had an interesting life whilst doing no mileage.

From Collecting Cars info:

A right-hand-drive, Thailand-delivery car, this 911 Turbo was manufactured in January 1996, and is reported to have formed part of the Sultan of Brunei’s collection. It was later exported to the UK and became part of The Bonkers Collection, where it was re-registered in December 2015. 

Not trying to be pedantic but did the 1978 SC come in that colour ( slate grey ) delivered to Australia. Doesn't bother me either way but I just can't seem to remember ever seeing one that colour when they first came out. 

I'd buy it if I was in the market for an SC.

2 hours ago, 3legs said:

Not trying to be pedantic but did the 1978 SC come in that colour ( slate grey ) delivered to Australia. Doesn't bother me either way but I just can't seem to remember ever seeing one that colour when they first came out. 

I'd buy it if I was in the market for an SC.

Think the details state it was delivered in Guards Red.

Great colour though- channelling Steve McQueen.