Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

12 hours ago, MFX said:

Wow. That is a crazy price for a pretty car with a dodgy history and stock driveline. Makes me happy that my car still has some value left in it (not that I ever plan on selling it).

I remember back in the day ,I think his name is Dave has a huge Porsche dismantle/restoration business in Melb, Sold an orange coupe with a similar build ( targa into a coupe) on ebay and got triple the price of a standard coupe , It must be a thing 🤔

On 09/01/2024 at 17:26, JWM said:

Seems like a few up on CC at the moment...

Or coming soon...

Back at work so sadly haven't had much time for my favourite hobby of "watching things get passed in on CC" but did see one of these sell today - the UK Manual 997 S Cab - actually sold, for $70,750 + fees.

The price is pretty fair, lower than usual on account its LHD and here in Aust, and the case change.
Would do better selling in Europe, and ask yourself would you prefer it retained its flogged out original case or had an identical fresh one in there, even 2.7 RSs have had case changes when necessary.

It's missing the plastic electrics cover in the engine bay, that would lower the price for me :)

Why not get one and slip it in there, a nice finishing touch and would show attention to detail.

And on that point of detail should have front lip spoiler to balance out the rear spoiler, anyway cheap corrections. 

On 09/01/2024 at 17:26, JWM said:

Seems like a few up on CC at the moment...

Or coming soon...

4 of these end tomorrow … should be some interesting results … Someone will have to keep an eye on them, I’ve got a haircut booked!!! (Thinking about getting a perm and finding a Boxster 😝)

IMG_0704.jpeg

The 993 was bought from Philip Raby in the U.K. just over a year ago, I was quite tempted at the time as it was just before I was heading back for a month. Think it was circa £40k, which given the miles and from the photos, it looked a bit scruffy made it useable.

Be interested to see where it lands, there’s a few U.K. import 993’s for sale at the moment.

9 hours ago, t888 said:

That arena red Tiptronic 996 coupe sold for $44k  ($41,250 + 6.6%).

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1998-porsche-911-996-carrera-13

If people are putting up realistic reserves then i'm going to start bidding again.

That's good buying, Kool colour combo as well.