Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

17 minutes ago, scott928s4 said:

Here is a really nice 928 S4, interesting colour, Satin Black.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1990-porsche-928-s4-auto/SSE-AD-16151069/?Cr=11

IMG_2962 sml.jpg

And if someone in Tassie buys it they can get in quick smart on Monday and buy the "928" number plate that will be available on Tasplates.com.

No idea on price though, but probably a fraction of what you'd pay in Vic or NSW....

5 minutes ago, drmurugti said:

I think not uncommon till 1972, my dads 356 which is a hamilton delivery and very original, had mph too (something about out roads being in miles till a certain year).

Ah ok. I wasn't aware of that👍

6 hours ago, drmurugti said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1969-porsche-911-t-manual/SSE-AD-7339967/?Cr=16

A friend sent me this as he is interested, does anyone know much about this car?

Another member here had the cash in his hand trying to buy it but found the seller unresponsive. Looks like a nice car though 

32 minutes ago, on_booost said:

Jan 1, 1974 - all cars had to have KPH speedos in AU....

Some of the local cars (fords etc) had both from 73...

And safety belts me thinks 🤔  or soon after or before, All me old Holden's and Fords were MPH when I was a kid . Cracking the ton In the old FJ was a big event and a box of bottles had to be drank . 😀

9 minutes ago, tomo said:

It will probably be a collector joby in 30 years. 😉

Ha, so true! I noticed recently in another thread a 996 GT3 in Zanzibar is held in great regard now … but I remeber about 5 years ago one being for sale and everyone lamenting that it was “VT commodore orange” 🤣