Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

1 minute ago, JWM said:

Ha, so true! I noticed recently in another thread a 996 GT3 in Zanzibar is held in great regard now … but I remeber about 5 years ago one being for sale and everyone lamenting that it was “VT commodore orange” 🤣

You've gotta to see a good one in the flesh to really appreciate what a great colour Zanzibar is...

1 hour ago, JWM said:

Ha, so true! I noticed recently in another thread a 996 GT3 in Zanzibar is held in great regard now … but I remeber about 5 years ago one being for sale and everyone lamenting that it was “VT commodore orange” 🤣

Yes remember the thread, Some of the criticisms were not as kind as Commodore orange 😉

4 hours ago, AD911S said:

Call me naive and perhaps blame my left-ish leaning parents, but why would someone think it's good value to bid $10m, let alone 20, on a number plate?

15 hours ago, Bondiscwb said:

Call me naive and perhaps blame my left-ish leaning parents, but why would someone think it's good value to bid $10m, let alone 20, on a number plate?

More than likely this guy is one of the bidders: https://www.smh.com.au/property/news/billionaire-sex-toy-magnate-reshuffles-his-investment-property-portfolio-20230703-p5dlc5.html

He has #4 and #2, and also owns #1 in Hong Kong. I'd be shocked if he isn't the eventual winner.

12 hours ago, LeeM said:

Crikey 😳

And here I am deciding if I need R or S plates for a one off $80 payment 🙄

I'm with you. When I changed my Lambo over from SA to NSW Rego the lady at the counter asked me what "premium" plates I wanted after I'd just given them almost $8,000 to tick a box on a computer. She was horrified when I said "no thanks I've given you enough money today". She gave me the standard black/yellow plates like I was some kind of monster lol. It was great. 

52 minutes ago, Uncle said:

I'm with you. When I changed my Lambo over from SA to NSW Rego the lady at the counter asked me what "premium" plates I wanted after I'd just given them almost $8,000 to tick a box on a computer. She was horrified when I said "no thanks I've given you enough money today". She gave me the standard black/yellow plates like I was some kind of monster lol. It was great. 

Is this your Lambo?

1469676079006.jpg

10 hours ago, sleazius said:

More than likely this guy is one of the bidders: https://www.smh.com.au/property/news/billionaire-sex-toy-magnate-reshuffles-his-investment-property-portfolio-20230703-p5dlc5.html

He has #4 and #2, and also owns #1 in Hong Kong. I'd be shocked if he isn't the eventual winner.

Does he make dildos or is he one ?

There aren't many RHD original cars left that haven't had a 6 cylinder dropped in it I imagine, and I'd say at least half of the 13 delivered here would've had the transplant, so they're a rare Porsche in Oz that's for sure.

This one I think it's probably worth close to his asking when '65 911's are fetching double or more.

On 18/12/2023 at 12:12, cafe_racer said:

I think it is a great little thing.  But at that price...We shall see.  Seems ambitious to me.

Ambitious for sure, yet nothing ventured, nothing gained etc. 

Can't see it selling for the asking price, yet if someone cashed up wants it badly enough, they'll cough up. 

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed this surfaced up to the top of my “manual 911s” search on Carsales, must have had a recent edit.

I know I’d seen it around for a while, but with that new(ish) pricing change feature, checked and saw that 2024 will mark its 6 (yes SIX) year anniversary of sitting on Carsales!!!

Many have come to copy the “price high, sell never” strategy but this guy must have truly been a pioneer … If it gets to 10 years I propose a special levy for PFA memberships that year so we can buy him a trophy …😁

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2009-porsche-911-gt2-997-manual-my09/SSE-AD-4111841

image.png.c3b9ab7c150bd104faa45eafab1656a0.png
(in case you’re wondering, yes, I’m still on holidays, and bored)